The UTAH JAZZ Support Group thread: Majorly updated.

Hey, alright.

So...

Kanter/Gobert/Biedrins
Favors/Evans
Hayward/Williams/Jefferson
Burks/Rush/Clark
Burke/Lucas

Pretty depressing that I don't get to type "Schroder" instead of "Burke."

Last edited:
Hey, alright.

So...

Kanter/Gobert/Biedrins
Favors/Evans
Hayward/Williams/Jefferson
Burks/Rush/Clark
Burke/Lucas

Pretty depressing that I don't get to type "Schroder" instead of "Burke."

Maybe they go PG next year. Burke in a Maynor type role.

They'll give him plenty of time to be the point guard of the future before they try anything like that. The lottery is going to be littered with wings, which is where I imagine they will go. They are going to need to find another scorer next to Hayward.

So... this Ian Clark dude made 45.9% of his threes in college last year, 42.9% in Orlando Summer League and 48.5% in Vegas. Damn.

Last edited:
Totally been in baseball mode for the past four months, but I better get to updating this, huh?

- As was mentioned, Burke will miss time after breaking a finger and having surgery. There have been mentions of the Jazz trading for Marquis Teague or bringing back Tinsley to fill the void. Once again, Hayward becomes the best point guard on the team, and he has 21 assists to eight turnovers so far in four preseason games.

- Speaking of preseason, they are 1-3 right now.

- The non-roster camp invites that are playing right now: Brian Cook, Mike Harris, Justin Holiday, Lester Hudson, Dwayne Jones (already cut), Scott Machado and Dominic McGuire. Because of Burke's injury, Hudson or Machado are probably the only two that have a shot.

- Favors got his extension tonight. Four years, $49 million (plus incentives).

I think that about covers it for now.

- Tinsley re-signed

- Finished the preseason at 1-7

- After cuts, the roster looks like this: Biedrins, Burke, Burks, Clark, Evans, Favors, Gobert, Mike Harris, Hayward, Jefferson, Kanter, Lucas, Rush, Tinsley and Williams

- Hayward and the Jazz are very far apart on an extension

- First game Wednesday

Last edited:
GAME NIGHT!! I wont be able to watch sadly, but I hope to see a lot from Favors and Kanter. So happy basketball is back

Not happy that either John Lucas or Jamaal Tinsley is the starting point guard, though. :lol:

Corbin better put the ball in Hayward's hands a ton for these two months or whatever that Burke is out.

Last edited:
Only 10 bodies for tonight.

Evans and Biedrins are two of the injured, so Gobert should get steady burn. :smokin

Kanter
Favors
Hayward
Burks
Lucas/Tinsley

Jefferson
Tinsley/Lucas
Gobert
Ian Clark
Mike Harris

So ready for this...
Favors: "Me and Gordon, we're coming out at as leaders. … Let the guys know this is how we're gonna do things around here."

Last edited:
Early impressions...

- Certainly surprised by Burks. Don't expect him to keep it up, though.

- Corbin still isn't running the offense through Hayward enough.

- What is up with his free throw shooting, though? Just ~73% in the preseason, and 5-for-10 so far.

- Kanter looks wonderful. Still think he has the chance to be way better than Favors because his offensive potential is through the roof. He will never be the defender that Favors is, but he is still very physical and a good rebounder in his own right.

- Speaking of defense, the team has done that pretty well early on (especially Favors). Getting rid of Al Jefferson goes a long way in making that stride.

- Gobert hasn't particularly played well, but you still see positive indicators in his game. Good hands and mobility to go along with the obvious length. He has to get stronger, though.

- I don't care about Jefferson, Lucas, Harris, or Tinsley.

KLJ: We never see eye to eye, but props for reading/calling Bledsoe. That trade would have been phenomenal for Utah. Even more so than drafting Trey.

Having to watch dreadful point guard play again this season sucks.

Kanter and Favors got handled by Brook Lopez tonight.

Hayward was pretty much out there on his own.

Gobert - 11 rebounds and two blocks in 15 minutes (fouled out, though) :smokin

I really wish I could see games. Can you watch on Xbox live or anything? I moved from Utah and dont have satelite anymore :smh:

Yeah, you can get League Pass through that.

0-5. :smokin

Hayward: 19.0 points (45.1/38.1/68.4), 6.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists (to 2.4 turnovers) and 1.0 steals in 35.4 minutes

Favors: 11.4 points (43.8/62.5), 10.2 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.4 blocks in 34.2 minutes

Kanter: 18.6 points (55.0/88.2) and 9.2 rebounds in 34.8 minutes

Burks: 15.0 points (44.4/12.5/62.1), 4.0 rebounds, 2.6 assists (to 2.4 turnovers) and 1.4 steals in 28.6 minutes

Only five games, but I feel like this is a pretty clear picture of their production right now. The only real outliers I see are in percentages: Hayward's free throw way down, Kanter's too high, and Burks isn't that bad of a three-point shooter.

I said 20, 6, 5, 1 and 1 for Hayward this season somewhere in here. No blocks yet, but everything else checks out early on.

Jefferson, Lucas and Tinsley are a combined 34-105 from the field (32.4) and 10-55 from three (18.2). The new Randy Foye, Mo Williams and Tinsley. :stoneface:

Last edited:
The Kings are 1-3 and sorely lacking a SF. Can we give you Jimmer, Salmons, and a lottery protected 1st for Hayward, Williams/Biedrins (take your pick) and a 2nd rounder?

Gobert - Four points, 12 rebounds, two steals and a block in just 15 minutes

:smokin

Williams came back last night. 1-for-5 with three turnovers in 10 minutes.

The veterans on this team... :stoneface:

From the season opener:
Gobert checked in at the 4:10 mark of the third quarter and checked out with 2:58 left in the game. In that 13:12 stretch, OKC did not score in the paint. In fact, OKC only scored 16 points over that 13+ minute stretch – 13 points off of jumpers and three points from the line.
His 22.8% rebound rate would be second in the league if he qualified, his block rate (5.1) would be just outside the top 10, and his defensive rating (96) would be just outside the top 25. Obviously there are probably other non-qualifiers that might bump him some, but the instant impact he provides is clear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom