The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Nobody gives a **** about this 4 city concert tour! Stop talking about it.[emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji]

Last edited:
I'm usually a sober guy so give me slack when I say I listened to Kissland after lighting one and wow is this album amazing. Love in the Sky was crazy, with the organ sounding in the back and the bass guitar with that melody and build up switch to the chorus. And the transition between Adaptation - > Love in the Sky -> Belong to the World. The harmony of the voice and instruments were crazy. If I wasn't lazy I'd still be driving around listening to it. A+ album.

Nobody gives a **** about this 4 city concert tour! Stop talking about it.[emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji]

Nothing's confirmed but this is most def gonna be part of a larger fall tour. These are special dates because of schoolboy q and jhene da goddess so that's why they were announced early.

I'll be rolling to the Barclays solo, I'd be down to link up with some NT Fam if anyone else is

I'm usually a sober guy so give me slack when I say I listened to Kissland after lighting one and wow is this album amazing. Love in the Sky was crazy, with the organ sounding in the back and the bass guitar with that melody and build up switch to the chorus. And the transition between Adaptation - > Love in the Sky -> Belong to the World. The harmony of the voice and instruments were crazy. If I wasn't lazy I'd still be driving around listening to it. A+ album.

Best Moment of the album to me. That adaptation / Live For / Belong to The World is exceptional and seamless.

The ending of the project is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: as well with Pretty and Tears in the rain

No idea how you dudes talk about Adaptation/Love in sky/Belong to the world without mentioning Professional and The Town

Adaptation the best song he made in my opinion though.

Professional is amazing but really it hangs on the second part. The Town as well.

Everybody that's in the BK show hit me on the pm for the NT prayer circle.

Live for and tears in the rain are the weakest on KL imo. Everything else on the album is perfection.

It's crazy how different some of our opinions can be on Weeknd..

There's no way I could consider The Town or Tears in the Rain the weakest on KL..

Live For is definitely the weakest though I do agree with that.. the second weakest on KL if I had to choose would be Belong to the World. Live For and Belong to the World definitely grew on me though, I don't skip any tracks on KL like I used to

Belong to the World weak :wow:

It really is amazing how different our viewpoints are. :lol:

Last edited:
Just like I can't believe you would say Tears in the Rain lol

btw understand that in the context of the discussion I would say those are the weakest if I had to choose on KL.. not necessarily that I think they're bad tracks. Like I said I don't skip anything on KL

I get it bro. It's all relative matters of opinions. I can't knock anyone for their pov. At the end of the day we can at least agree that homie makes amazing music. :pimp:

Speaking of which, Often isn't going to cut it. It's a cool track, but homie better not have us waiting 4 months for new material like he did after Or Nah dropped. :smh:

Last edited:
I love Odd Look man, his flow on that track..

and yeah a blinkin that's why I don't really engage in the discussions too much because bottom line we all agree that dude's music is revolutionary. Folks may have their disagreements here and there about the caliber of tracks but overall we all think the same..

Often was cool but when I tried to keep it on repeat for the past week it surprisingly got old. Like I said when it first dropped, I need more man and dude basically released it as a throwaway.. his throwaways are just different lol.

Last edited:
Adaptation and Love in the Sky are the same song I don't care what anyone says. :lol:

That transition is way to fluid. It's no way you can listen to one without the other.

"tears in the rain" is an amazing and poetic masterpiece. maybe because I've been there in life Idk.

"live for" I can live without, but honestly I don't think dude has made a bad song. maybe i'm a weeknd-beast, but it's just like Michael Jackson, songs that you may not like or connect with, but you can't really say he's made anything garbage.

professional
pimp.gif

the town
pimp.gif
 >>>>>>
adaptation
pimp.gif

love in the sky
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rough sex to Outside > *

Dude was on one, going to make my girl lick Molly off my **** to that when she get to the crib.

Forget what you know............
Make yourself at home.....
Cause baby when I'm finished, I bet you won't wanna go outside

Last edited:
KissLand is a near perfect album, that 4 track start is so strong.

The only weak songs on there are Wanderlust and Live For.

Tears In the Rain is so powerful though. 

I remember haring it for the first time, and having

that thing where you feel it in your face, of that makes sense.

"Cuz no one will love you like her,

It's pointless, like tears in the rain,

So now that she's gone,

Embrace all that comes,

And die with a smile,

Don't show the world,

How alone you've become"

sick.gif
 Mi corazon.

The second half of Professional is so classic.

"To fall is unacceptable,

Cuz everything you've been through made you stronger,

And everyday you learn about yourself,

And nothing ever played out how it's sposed to depending on somebody else's weath,

But now you know the value of a dollar"

nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Finally, the second half of KissLand is The Weeknd at his best

That gritty, dope portrait of a life that we all want to live.

A life that will kill you, but that rush, that intimate proximity

to death is what makes it worth it. The women, the drugs, the money.

The Weeknd is like a Canadian R&B Tony Montana of sorts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom