The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters

Him and Abel are in their own lanes but on the same highway.
roll.gif

If you wanna hear someone who sounds like they're trying to do a version of Abel listen to Meek Demeo. 

If you can get past the biting he's got some dope songs. 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif
meek
Question for the regular participants of this thread and avid fans:

Do you think we'll ever get another mixtape? I wouldn't dream of getting 3 in succession cuz that's a lot of material to hand out coming from an artist signed to a label.

The world needs moar.
frown.gif
 we can dream

so i have never heard the trilogy album... heard all the mixtapes, but not the trilogy version.

i downloaded the bonus tracks, so i'm good on that.

but do i need to hear the rest? cuz all i hear is it isn't as good as the OG mixtapes, with samples taken out, remastering, etc...

so i have never heard the trilogy album... heard all the mixtapes, but not the trilogy version.

but do i need to hear the rest? cuz all i hear is it isn't as good as the OG mixtapes, with samples taken out, remastering, etc...

I don't like the Trilogy at all, the OG mixtapes sound better with no master.

I think at this point he'd be watering himself down if he's still putting out mixtapes, unless he makes it his business to have his tapes sounds different from his albums like how Kiss Land was different from the trilogy.

I don't really see the difference. If he drops a 10 song mixtape in August before his tour in September, then drops an actual album next year - I don't see the problem. Dropping a mixtape lets him experiment and deal with less label/promotional/legal stuff. It's not like people are making much money off album sales. Has to mostly be tours and merch at this point.

There was no need to re-paint the Mona Lisa...

...you're good with just having the bonus cuts.

What they did to "Coming Down" on Trilogy was criminal - **** was a clear act of terrorism...

gone is straight imo, but coming down without the Japanese girl is off.

only reason I have the trilogy versions on my phone is that they take up less space

like someone posted before the grittier mixtape versions of hob/Thursday/eos>>>>trilogy

Gone :x

Many times I said I was done with being a person that went hard and being savage on weekends...

That song alone has brought me back to the life more times than I can remember. :smh:

dont know if its been posted but heres a lil something for the wknd my brethren

bbc radio acoustic versions of: wicked games, valerie, twenty eight, montreal, the knowing and the zone

thought it was just wicked games until my phone started playing the next song on its own
pimp.gif
. Repped

Back
Top Bottom