The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Young Gaaawd!

Video is flames.

smokin.gif

Last edited:
I appreciate and welcome some visuals, and it's all opinion, but what exactly makes the video all that great? (outside of the beautiful women, which come standard in every other music video) I saw someone say video of the year, that's just a bit much.

Reminded me a lot of One of Those Nights, dude has that glazed, apathetic look down for sure.

Anyway anytime he has some sort of appearance it feels like an event since he doesn't do much of that outside of touring. Whenever he decides to do another video I expect more creativity because dude is definitely out there with his whole vision and direction.

Often is cool & all but...

KOTF is easily SOTY for me. The way the God skated on each verse especially the last :x :smh: :pimp:

Was chatting with this chick about homie & she says "he's so vulgar" and I'm like yes ***** that's the entire point :evil:

Last edited:
I appreciate and welcome some visuals, and it's all opinion, but what exactly makes the video all that great? (outside of the beautiful women, which come standard in every other music video) I saw someone say video of the year, that's just a bit much.

Reminded me a lot of One of Those Nights, dude has that glazed, apathetic look down for sure.

Anyway anytime he has some sort of appearance it feels like an event since he doesn't do much of that outside of touring. Whenever he decides to do another video I expect more creativity because dude is definitely out there with his whole vision and direction.

I agree with every word. Like you said, seeing him in a video is special in itself, but next to videos like "The Knowing" and "Pretty" this was just cool.

I am curious though since he doesn't usually do videos for his loose tracks or release them as singles. We may in fact be in the build up for a project.

I am curious though since he doesn't usually do videos for his loose tracks or release them as singles. We may in fact be in the build up for a project.

Yup. Especially considering it was a Vevo joint instead of from his personal YouTube account.

Last edited:

Well, if you don't like it, that's cool but some reasons the video is dope to me:

1. No visible cuts. It all flows like it's one shot which makes for a really cool looking effect visually. Artistically, it makes it seem like this partying, sex and drugs are on a constant loop. As in he does this so often, every day blends together. The camera also kind of circles and loops as time passes.

2. Everyone looking drugged out and disinterested gives off a very unhappy, apathetic vibe to what's going on. It's not just him that has it - it's all the women in the video. Might not mean too much but it visually looks pretty cool.

3. Adding to number one, it ends so abruptly that you just know the loop is going to continue. No fade out, no credits, no definitive end to the video.

4. It's nothing mindblowing, I don't want to over-sell it but the video gives the song a darker vibe (he does this so often that it's not even enjoyable + it's a constant thing) and lets you interpret it in a new way. That's always good for a music video. It's also shot in a creative and unique way. The song is :smokin The women are even more :smokin :smokin

1 and 4 are probably the reasons there's people hyping the video up.

Eh, I never said I don't like the video, I just expect more creativity from someone like him. I'll chalk it up more to, you can't have a crazy video every single time out.

As for those reasons, well, not going to debate your opinion, no need for that.

Last edited:
Agree

His music for me has been great .I don't know how to really explain but I feel like I'm in that lifestyle or approaching it. The trilogy, the singles, and features. Just want to say thank you to this man. My life hasn't been the same. I'm 23 BTW .

Have to see this dude live.

We all tryna live that life pleighboii :pimp:

On another note I went to a strip joint last weeknd and they had Abel bumpin damn near every other song. Needless to say, **** was live and definitely set the mood for the entire night. I even mentioned it to one of the skipperz and she got all hyped up like "omg weeknd is my favorite!!!" Talm bout how she likes taking the d while playing his music :evil:

We all tryna live that life pleighboii
pimp.gif

On another note I went to a strip joint last weeknd and they had Abel bumpin damn near every other song. Needless to say, **** was live and definitely set the mood for the entire night. I even mentioned it to one of the skipperz and she got all hyped up like "omg weeknd is my favorite!!!" Talm bout how she likes taking the d while playing his music
devil.gif
last time i was at a  scripp club i told ol girl she can take me to the private room if she'd get the dj to play some Weeknd. 

needless to say, i kept my monies...this was months back though

Back
Top Bottom