The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters

Anyone got more info?

Pffffttt!

I never went in full depth to like him. I went to the show he had at the palladium and recently in oct with jhene aiko and school boy q at the bowl. I admit he throws a good live show. The ladys were really ready to sacrifice themselves to this dude. I just don't know. I have some songs of his I bought on iTunes "codeine cups" "one of those nights". That's it. I was there to see jhene. That's my boo thang low key. lol

Last edited:
:lol: I was kidding for the most part. I understand that some people won't vibe with it. That's expected, as music is subjective. But I can assure you, none of us in here are kidding when we proclaim our appreciation or love for his music. We genuinely believe dude has a gift never seen before. :pimp:

Maybe try giving one of his complete bodies of work a full listen through. You may end up liking it, you may not. Either way there are worse ways to spend an hour of your life. :lol:

bobafreak bobafreak His music serves as a soundtrack to a lifestyle these dudes really like. That's why they're being so weird. :lol: but no they're not joking. Maybe no artist ever made them feel this way. I love his music. Got HOB the actual month it dropped but idk..he's not the first artist to make music describing my lifestyle so I don't spazz and go overboard about it. But you should check out HOB if you haven't

bruh was listening to blue dream and lean and I totally forgot that juicy j sampled the morning.....sh*t was fire

Ill go on the tunes and download it while at work and prep this for the drive home on the freeway. Ill let you guys know how it goes. lol. HOB you say? I just remembered I have the kissland album but I haven't listened to it yet. Im thinking I should start with the old stuff before jumping to current to get a feel for this cat.

bruh was listening to blue dream and lean and I totally forgot that juicy j sampled the morning.....sh*t was fire
nailed it

Last edited:
definitely listen to HOB first. It makes it easier to "get" the rest of it. If you jump straight into Thursday, you're gonna be lost. Plus, with a new artist, you should listen to the best stuff first. His discography works pretty damn well if you listen to it in order anyway.

definitely listen to HOB first. It makes it easier to "get" the rest of it. If you jump straight into Thursday, you're gonna be lost. Plus, with a new artist, you should listen to the best stuff first. His discography works pretty damn well if you listen to it in order anyway.
I agree, just listen to his music in succession. I think it's meant to be that way and if you listen to say Kiss Land first you will probably not like him 
laugh.gif

I seriously hope all yall trollin.... the way yall worshipin this dude sounds like some lil b based god, task force movement..... lol
We may joke here and there but I doubt anyone worships him as a person, just the music and what it means to all of us.. to me anyway. It's a lifestyle.. the music and the life is one in the same

Word. I feel it. Ill give you guys my train of thought tomorrow. I know you guys don't worship him I was joking but mannnn if you guys seen what I saw at the two concerts...... these ladies man.... swear they seen jesus or the pope.... real talk. I could only if he touched them it would be like......

Last edited:
Word. I feel it. Ill give you guys my train of thought tomorrow. I know you guys don't worship him I was joking but mannnn if you guys seen what I saw at the two concerts...... these ladies man.... swear they seen jesus or the pope.... real talk. I could only if he touched them it would be like......

its not surprising to see ppl run with emotion over a music artist ( or any artist)  though

granted some reactions are extremely over the top, but things/people  have different meanings to everyone

saw him twice in one weekend, a couple weeks ago, in vegas...

once in a huge festival setting, and once in a club (hakkasan)...

seeing him perform "the morning" in an intimate setting like a club > the concert...

saw him twice in one weekend, a couple weeks ago, in vegas...

once in a huge festival setting, and once in a club (hakkasan)...

seeing him perform "the morning" in an intimate setting like a club > the concert...
i know what you  mean

glad i was able to see him at intimate venues like the fonda and the observatory 

the observatory show was surreal, definitely had "one of those nights" that night...

i know what you  mean

glad i was able to see him at intimate venues like the fonda and the observatory 

the observatory show was surreal, definitely had "one of those nights" that night...
Yes man. Yes to all of this.

The Observatory show was an experience I'll remember forever. The girls. Chilled with a random I met all night... regret not keeping in touch

We need a kickstarter to fund a trip to either coast for my dude a blinkin a blinkin the very next tour :lol:

Criminal it's been near 4 years and you havent seen him live yet, our southern brethren deserve better. :smh:

We need a kickstarter to fund a trip to either coast for my dude a blinkin a blinkin the very next tour :lol:

Criminal it's been near 4 years and you havent seen him live yet, our southern brethren deserve better. :smh:

Man look... :smh:

When he came to Atlanta in 2012, it was a weekday where I had a test in my night class that I couldn't miss. :smh:

2013 this breezy I had was going to take me to KL as a birthday gift since the Atlanta stop was a few days before my birthday. She bought the tickets and everything! But we fell out over me not wanting to be in a real relationship so she said "**** you a blinkin" and tells me she gave the tickets to one of her home girls. I couldn't even finesse the situation after that. :smh:

This year he does this four city tour and sadly Atlanta wasn't one of the stops. :frown:

Three Falls of taking Ls

Back
Top Bottom