The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
where da link at? 
nerd.gif

solid album, not better than kissland though

love 3/4 of the tracks = happy LHS
Same. just ran through it for the 1st time.

Good album but KL appealed to me more.

my fav tracks so far

The Hills

Often

Prisoner (Lana
pimp.gif
)

Dark times

Acquainted

Tell your friends

This is a great album..Obviously i want more HOB type jams, but this album going to have white girls making their parents and friends buy this album. Prisoner is my favorite song so far...but angel man....the feels

*Fixed

So basically it's not bad, it's just not what you want. Don't think that's fair. You already came in with expectations, and they just weren't met and you aren't judging it with a clear head.
Not even man. I was a proponent of him expanding his brand. I Love Can't feel my face, fact is the pop tracks aren't that good.
It's not about hate or having expectations.
It's just not good. If you feel it is, to each their own.....

Music is opinionated, therefore everything to a degree is subjective, but I'm curious for people that are consigning this what is it that Yall find appealing. And I don't mean that in offensive manner, but I'm not a fan of pop music, or the direction of this album at all. And admittedly, that could be from me being Anti radio and just commercial sounds in general, but what is it that resonates with Yall?

From the day Kissland leaked two years ago:

Download that leak fambs.

:smokin

When Kiss Land stalled, the Weeknd fell into a creative rut. "I just kept getting more and more depressed," he says. He considered relocating from Toronto to Seattle in search of a "super-drugged-out Nirvana vibe."

If only...

The fact that this didn't happen makes me incredibly sad :smh:

**** all y'all that didn't buy Kissland

This is your fault

crine :rofl:

And the funniest review I've gotten ant this album is my lil cousin textin me, this **** don't even make me want to cheat on my girl. :lol:

Still crine. :rofl:

This album is some love your girl so much she cheats on you, has a baby with another man and you accept her for it. Smh :lol:

Done with you all, b. :rofl:

Originally recorded as “Girls Born in the 90’s”, “Acquainted” was rerecorded and retitled after it was leaked with the Billboard chart-topper “Can’t Feel My Face” and “In the Night”.

The Weeknd and Illangelo revive a partnership that started when Illangelo produced the entire Trilogy of mixtapes. He provided no production on The Weeknd’s 2013 debut album Kiss Land.

track is still flames though. going to have both on my official iTunes when the time comes.

I don't see the point in avoiding the leak as long as you make sure to purchase the album in a week, but that's just my opinion.

"I was working on this album in a world I'm not used to," he says. "You're sober. Then one day you want to have fun, and that darkness comes back — and the darkness feels good."

This, coupled with the excerpt about moving to Seattle and discarding an album's worth of material...

:smh:

I don't see the point in avoiding the leak as long as you make sure to purchase the album in a week, but that's just my opinion.
Everyone keeps telling me to just listen, but I feel morally right to just listen on RD. I look forward to doing so.

But I don't know what will happen in the next few days if I just listen 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
I felt the same way before. But what if the world implodes tomorrow? :lol:

Like I said, as long as you do your part and support it next week, I don't see what harm there is in listening a week early now that the entire thing is available.

what is it that resonates with Yall?

Some of the lyrics and vibes are relatable but I personally don't feel that deep connection to it like I did the mixtapes and Kiss Land. I like the album for what it is but to me, it's kinda just there. With the exception of a few standouts. Like I said, it feels just thrown together. Imo.

I felt the same way before. But what if the world implodes tomorrow?
laugh.gif

Like I said, as long as you do your part and support it next week, I don't see what harm there is in listening a week early now that the entire thing is available.
I know bro. 
frown.gif

I already bought the album twice 
laugh.gif

There is no harm. To me it just feels right to listen on the release date. But right now it's getting hard reading this thread lol. I see myself caving in sometime soon. But for now I'm going strong. 

Some of the lyrics and vibes are relatable but I personally don't feel that deep connection to it like I did the mixtapes and Kiss Land. I like the album for what it is but to me, it's kinda just there. With the exception of a few standouts. Like I said, it feels just thrown together. Imo.

I agree. It hasn't moved me in the same way the old ones did. But to be fair, I was a savage during the time trilogy and KL released. This album comes just around the time I've found myself in a relationship for just over a month or two. Maybe that new relationship feeling is what has me not finding too much wrong with the album. But as homie's cousin mention... It does not inspire me to cheat... And I was greatly looking forward to that internal conflict. :smh:

If someone would like to PM just in case the world is ending and I need to be playing this album that would be appreciated. 

#NTXO come thru. 

Back
Top Bottom