The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
a blinkin has gone mainstream

:lol: Not I. But in my opinion, DT is a better song sonically than the other two in the comparison. KotF sounds so bland and leaves much to be desired with a title such as the one it has. Tears in the Rain is just... Bad. It's essentially him saying he'll hold back tears and accept he'll be lonely because a bird left him. News flash, they told you not to fall in love that **** is pointless.

Dudes in here pick and chose that which best suits their arguments and try to sound as if they're being objective. It's all very amusing to see. But the stuff that is actually factual is being ignored. Dude said he's in a different space in life. The producers wanted him to take the Taylor Swift route and sing songs written for him, but instead he gave us his own music that still has the same content as always. The delivery is different, and dudes complain. But when he stuck to the one lane he was in before, people complained that he couldn't be more versatile.

The music was always about heartbreak, whether he was on the receiving end of the person handing it out. Before, it was just cleverly guised under the persona of a guy that was too ****** up to care.

Objectively speaking, there's no pleasing everyone. While all of you are entitled to opinions, you must forgive me if I laugh at them from time to time. Guys are championing Tears in the Rain, all the while saying that homie isn't supposed to display being in love/hoping his girl finds love if/when they end as he does in BBTM. Someone besides me has to see the iron knee. What's most comical is dudes saying they want that raw, unabashed, fiend music that makes them want to be savages, yet they ignore or downplay the music that already embodies every aspect they claim to love. There's absolutely no way anyone can tell me HoLV isn't one of his most savage songs. Save the list making, btw. :lol:

laugh.gif
Not I. But in my opinion, DT is a better song sonically than the other two in the comparison. KotF sounds so bland and leaves much to be desired with a title such as the one it has. Tears in the Rain is just... Bad. It's essentially him saying he'll hold back tears and accept he'll be lonely because a bird left him. News flash, they told you not to fall in love that **** is pointless.

Dudes in here pick and chose that which best suits their arguments and try to sound as if they're being objective. It's all very amusing to see. But the stuff that is actually factual is being ignored. Dude said he's in a different space in life. The producers wanted him to take the Taylor Swift route and sing songs written for him, but instead he gave us his own music that still has the same content as always. The delivery is different, and dudes complain. But when he stuck to the one lane he was in before, people complained that he couldn't be more versatile.

The music was always about heartbreak, whether he was on the receiving end of the person handing it out. Before, it was just cleverly guised under the persona of a guy that was too ****** up to care.

Objectively speaking, there's no pleasing everyone. While all of you are entitled to opinions, you must forgive me if I laugh at them from time to time. Guys are championing Tears in the Rain, all the while saying that homie isn't supposed to display being in love/hoping his girl finds love if/when they end as he does in BBTM. Someone besides me has to see the iron knee. What's most comical is dudes saying they want that raw, unabashed, fiend music that makes them want to be savages, yet they ignore or downplay the music that already embodies every aspect they claim to love. There's absolutely no way anyone can tell me HoLV isn't one of his most savage songs. Save the list making, btw.
laugh.gif
That's it I'm playing tears in the rain right now just for you
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Not I. But in my opinion, DT is a better song sonically than the other two in the comparison. KotF sounds so bland and leaves much to be desired with a title such as the one it has. Tears in the Rain is just... Bad. It's essentially him saying he'll hold back tears and accept he'll be lonely because a bird left him. News flash, they told you not to fall in love that **** is pointless.

Objectively speaking, there's no pleasing everyone. While all of you are entitled to opinions, you must forgive me if I laugh at them from time to time. Guys are championing Tears in the Rain, all the while saying that homie isn't supposed to display being in love/hoping his girl finds love if/when they end as he does in BBTM. Someone besides me has to see the iron knee. What's most comical is dudes saying they want that raw, unabashed, fiend music that makes them want to be savages, yet they ignore or downplay the music that already embodies every aspect they claim to love. There's absolutely no way anyone can tell me HoLV isn't one of his most savage songs. Save the list making, btw.
laugh.gif

He sang about heartbreak frequently before BBTM, he just packaged it differently (he did it better before BBTM, IMO). Tears In the Rain sings about heartbreak but it's more so apathy. There is nothing really simp about Tears In the Rain, I don't think it's meant to convey "holding back tears", just a metaphor

Like I've always said, he had a specific vision, sound and goal in mind for BBTM and he accomplished it. He wasn't going for what his core fans thought would be and sound best

He sang about heartbreak frequently before BBTM, he just packaged it differently (he did it better before BBTM, IMO). Tears In the Rain sings about heartbreak but it's more so apathy. There is nothing really simp about Tears In the Rain, I don't think it's meant to convey "holding back tears", just a metaphor

Like I've always said, he had a specific vision, sound and goal in mind for BBTM and he accomplished it. He wasn't going for what his core fans thought would be and sound best

I am with you on Tears in the rain

"They all feel the same"

That is grime. He is numb to it all he does so many birds that they all feel the same. Tears in the rain means its pointless to try. You can't see tears if it is raining outside. Everything is the same all the girls are the same it makes no difference.

It is old abel.

Even Valerie when he finally showed a little vulnerability he followed it with "and no body's gonna know if its true" like he will say i love you and tell you he wants you....but nobody is going to know if he means it. It leaves the door open for him being a liar and being grimy

I am sorry but all and i mean literally 90% of his old stuff has the grime.

Last edited:
But your point earlier was that he shouldn't hope these broads find someone else to love, or that he shouldn't care if they love anyone else after him. It seems as if you were overlooking the prospect of their love not working. On Angel, he's essentially telling her that he's far too broken and too enthralled in the life for them to reasonably expect their love to last. So when it inevitably does, he still wants the best for her, even though he knows it's not him. It's essentially taking the concept of Valerie, confirming that the love was true, but still having that awareness of who he is to know that **** would never work no matter how much he loves, needs, or wants her.

Like I said earlier. The music has always been about heartbreak from varying perspectives. Faulting BBTM for it is unfair and suggests that you guys aren't truly listening.

All I'm saying is that piling on BBTM because it speaks of heartbreak is unfairly based, and comical in my opinion since it's a subject that's been around since HoB.

All I'm saying is that piling on BBTM because it speaks of heartbreak is unfairly based, and comical in my opinion since it's a subject that's been around since HoB.

I hear you but you see it is in a different light. Him hoping the best for the girl is a different take. Its heartbreak but its more mature heart break. I want no parts of mature heart break grown up love. I want every song to be like the hills. I wanted all the debauchery i could get. My opinion is obviously just my own. I am happy dude is flourishing though he deserves it.

But good question blinkin we got an idea of sales numbers yet?

Its undeniably more mature heartbreak. But that can be attributed to his own maturation I suppose. I think homie is 25 now, so I would be lying if I said I didn't expect him to grow up a bit mentally. Think about it. The guy was braggadocios in saying he left his girl back home he don't love her no more; and she'll never ******* know that. That's something a younger guy could relate to, because you haven't really gained a sense of empathy regarding the hurt that you can inflict on another person. ****, back when I was 21, I had girls crying their hearts out after I'd gotten caught doing them dirty, and I couldn't feel a single thing except contempt for myself for having gotten caught. But when you grow, you get a sense of how people's emotions work. I look back at instances such as the one I mentioned and I can only hope that girl is out there doing better for herself with someone who actually loves/cares about her more than I ever could. I won't deny the possibility that I may be biased to liking this album because I'm in a different headspace now at 26 than I was in back at 22. Good discourse though homie.

As far as sales, I saw 254K, but I'm not sure if those numbers were based on albums sold up until Tuesday or if they came in today. Either was, 254K is incredible. Really happy for the kid. I really hope this encourages him to drop the Seattle tape... Or for someone to steal the hard drive and leak it to the web. Either or. :lol:

Its undeniably more mature heartbreak. But that can be attributed to his own maturation I suppose. I think homie is 25 now, so I would be lying if I said I didn't expect him to grow up a bit mentally. Think about it. The guy was braggadocios in saying he left his girl back home he don't love her no more; and she'll never ******* know that. That's something a younger guy could relate to, because you haven't really gained a sense of empathy regarding the hurt that you can inflict on another person. ****, back when I was 21, I had girls crying their hearts out after I'd gotten caught doing them dirty, and I couldn't feel a single thing except contempt for myself for having gotten caught. But when you grow, you get a sense of how people's emotions work. I look back at instances such as the one I mentioned and I can only hope that girl is out there doing better for herself with someone who actually loves/cares about her more than I ever could. I won't deny the possibility that I may be biased to liking this album because I'm in a different headspace now at 26 than I was in back at 22. Good discourse though homie.

Exactly.

Dark Times is the epitome of Blues. Love that record. 

You don't have to picture Ed doing everything he's saying in the record. At least to me you don't. The sentiment goes far beyond actually envisioning Ed fighting and beating up someone 
laugh.gif

If imagery has anything to do with your opinions, you guys honestly can't tell me Weeknd seems like the kind of cat that walks around strapped and shooting dudes for sleeping with his girl. :lol:

The success of Abel's singles has translated to an impressive number for his album's first week sales, as he moves 325,267 copies of Beauty Behind The Madness, and 415,267 units including streams (according to Hits Daily Double).

With those figures, he's bested just about every rap and R&B release this year outside of Drake, which is a pretty impressive accomplishment. The official Billboard numbers may differ slightly. Look out for those soon.

Back
Top Bottom