The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Abel on the new Now That's What I Call Music.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At this rate, you can almost count on ICFMF being covered on the next Kidz Bop. 
One step closer 
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
mean.gif

Abel on the new Now That's What I Call Music.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Confirmed sellout
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

I watch DEHH a lot so when they did a review I was shocked. But to say this is a cohesive album is a bit strange to me. I don't feel like this is his best but we have more of a emotional attachment to his earlier work. But to say KL wasn't cohesive I mean okay, but the first 4-5 tracks..... :x I felt this album didn't have too much of a story. But I could be wrong I thought this was just tracks of him testing out new sounds and showing his range. I think Often and Earned it kind of throws it off to me as a story because one is a motion picture hit and the other we've had for a year but it fits nice. Plus GBIT90s should be on there.

I'll listen to all this his work on one giant playlist but I'm just not in those moods as often as I used to be. Just bumping RTJ, Logic, old Kanye, Travis Scott and Dre albums right now. Trying to find new artist to listen to. But when it comes to a night with a young lady I know to put the Young Gawd on in the background.

I actually think this album has a very very clear story from start to finish. It's just not very sonically cohesive. KL was almost too cohesive sonically. I'm not sure if he purposefully wanted to avoid that this time around or if the process was just different. His hand may have been forced with the Max Martin collaborations, Lab track, Earned It and Often being "hits" and mandated to be on the album by the label. There's definitely a story though - not sure why so many miss it. I feel like the KL story was missed or ignored early on too.

Dam yall are defensive like some drake fans, i mess wit weeknd, but i cant imagine talkin about the same songs and comparing the same two albums everyday

If I were to ever post in here again, I never asked but what do people think about this new direction The Weeknd is going in? I Can't Feel My Face seems very poppy to me. I know he is talking about cocaine but still, it's just not the same guy we've known from his Trilogy days. The rest of his new album just seems different

Speaking of Trilogy, how great of a song is The Morning? Oh my goodness, that lead in is something else 
pimp.gif
 I have had some crazy nights listening to that song

Kiss Land though, boy was that the project. To me, Kiss Land>BBTM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom