The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
was bout to say

if that track list was real it would have seemed like he was making a more trap/urban album to offset his last pop effort

he hasn't made an outright bad project yet so I'm ready

Pretty sure he doesn't want to be tied to Drake anymore.Y'all got to let that go.

Last edited:
Also
5807443332_acc17b2bd5_o.gif

Last edited:
Doubt Drake and Weeknd ever work together again.

Sad because they made classics but they moving in very different directions.

Last edited:
I'm ready. :pimp:

Had absolutely no problem with BBTM.. Will always appreciate Savage Abel. But genuinely enjoy most of his music. Really a fan of his voice.

Id say there's more of a chance we get a drake collab than him going back to what we all want

But whatever I really wouldn't care if drake wasn't on it

You all can have that. Sure he's written well, but I'm not here for spoken word. I became a fan of the guy's musical delivery, which encompasses more than great word use. The past couple of years, he hasn't delivered to the level he lead fans to believe he'd be capable of. There was an article that came out when KL dropped where he said he would keep giving us the goods because he wanted "to show the world that he can **** out these albums like its nothing". He's created that expectation, so it's not the fans fault for not "growing with him". Dude's last attempt just didn't deliver. Call it what it is. He lead people to believe that he wouldn't switch up for the sake of going pop, then he did. That's not a knock to the dude, just an acknowledgment of reality.

For what it's worth, in the same article, dude did say that he wanted people to be underwhelmed when they heard the title Kiss Land maybe this is in vein of that same train of thought. I didn't expect much from KL and that turned out to be god tier. BBTM had me expecting to walk into a mad house, but I ended up in a bouncy hut.

But I'm not saying anything else. We'll see.
[emoji]128079[/emoji] [emoji]128079[/emoji] [emoji]128079[/emoji]

Bro what were you expecting? Haha

Where's the guy who said this was being mostly produced by doc? Still waiting on the confirmation.. If that's true then I'll get my hopes up

No confirmation yet. Just going from how they both work + some inside sources -

Abel normally works with one team for an entire album. BBTM had basically 2 "teams" - Illangelo/Da Heala and Moccio/Da Heala.

Doc specifically pulled out of BBTM because he doesn't really work on albums were he has 1 or 2 songs and only minor input. It's why In The 90s had to get reworked into Acquainted. Considering they've been living in the studio for AWHILE now - safe to say he's working on more than 3 songs.

But nothing's confirmed yet.

No confirmation yet. Just going from how they both work + some inside sources -

Abel normally works with one team for an entire album. BBTM had basically 2 "teams" - Illangelo/Da Heala and Moccio/Da Heala.

Doc specifically pulled out of BBTM because he doesn't really work on albums were he has 1 or 2 songs and only minor input. It's why In The 90s had to get reworked into Acquainted. Considering they've been living in the studio for AWHILE now - safe to say he's working on more than 3 songs.

But nothing's confirmed yet.
Well my hopes are officially high

Man f it. I'm hyped. Tried to front, but even the prospect of the new stuff being godlike is enough for me.

Blink, lmao

Knowing how doc acted with bbtm and how he pulled out because he knew what bbtm was all about makes me think twice

No way he consigns and attaches his name to anything similar to bbtm... Unless he just wants that red panty pay day he missed out on with bbtm..

Can we put together an "everything we know"?

Album Cover

Illangelo pulled out

Doc
“The Morning” might also be the best window into what’s next for Tesfaye, as he says that the song’s producer, his “mentor” Doc McKinney, will play a big role on the album.

He is currently working on his next album. “There are new inspirations on this album,” he says. “The production feels aggressive but still sexy. The Smiths, Bad Brains, Talking Heads, Prince, and DeBarge play roles. We wrote it all in Los Angeles. I think it’ll be the best-sounding album I’ve ever done. It’s hard to label the sound because, when I first came out, nobody would label it R&B. I just want to keep pushing the envelope without it feeling forced,” he says.

“I’ve been very intrigued by the film Amadeus. I’ll touch on my relationship with religion a little bit and how it ties into my crazy and materialistic life. I’ll touch base on some recent experiences and past experiences that didn’t make the last album. I wrote some of these songs while recording Beauty Behind the Madness. It’s like a fictional book inspired by true events.”
http://vman.com/article/the-weeknd-cover-story/

Warm and aggressive

Working with Daft Punk
http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/23/the-weeknd-working-with-daft-punk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom