The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Fantano gave it a 5 
nerd.gif

I don't get into reviews or critics, but if i did, this is literally the exact opposite type of dude I want reviewing/rating a Weeknd album for me :lol:.

Thought about not clicking just based off of the thumbnail but decided against it. Knew I made the wrong choice 5 seconds in.

Last edited:
I don't get into reviews or critics, but if i did, this is literally the exact opposite type of dude I want reviewing/rating a Weeknd album for me
laugh.gif

Thought about not clicking just based off of the thumbnail but decided against it. Knew I made the wrong choice 5 seconds in.
roll.gif

Fantano is big in the review game so I figured I'd see what he had to say. Usually just watch for the lulz because it's rare that I agree with what he says. 

Opening week sales projections for The Weeknd's "Starboy" have been reduced, but they remain impressive -- and should still comfortably net "Starboy" a #1 debut.

In recent weeks, Hits Daily Double’s initial US album sales projections have proven too low.

The opposite appears to be true for The Weeknd’s “Starboy,” this week’s highest-profile new release. The publication has lowered its projections for the new album.

Hits, which originally said “Starboy” would sell 225-275,000 pure US copies in its first week, is now eyeing a total in the 220-230K range.

Its initial consumption projection (album sales + track sales/10 + track streams/1500) of 350-400,000 has been lowered to 340-350K.

While lower than the initial figures, the tallies are still impressive — and should still respectively earn “Starboy” #1 on the Billboard Top Album Sales and Billboard 200 charts.

HAD to post my 12,000th post in this thread.

It's great to see it so active, hoping it stays this way in the future 
nthat.gif

Shouts out to #NTXO 
tongue.gif
Excuse how trashy this "editing" is, did it super quick haha. 

Last edited:
Was driving home yesterday so I wanted to give Starboy a few more spins since I do like the album a lot. After listening to it all the way through I wanted to throw on Kissland from front to back and it was just different. The sound, the lyrics, and the transitions. KL>SB. Starboy kinda had too many lyrics repeating the same thing over and over.

As of now the songs I usually skip or not really feeling is:

Rockin' 
sick.gif

sick.gif

Secrets 
sick.gif

Love to Lay

A Lonely Night

Songs I am indifferent to:

Attention

All I know

My Rankings of the Album as of now.

KL/HOB

EOS

SB

Thursday

BBTM

Sidewalks is growing on me. With the right band behind him, that's gonna sound really really good live on stage.

True Colors sounds like some generic R&B love song. Bland as hell, doesn't stand out to me at all. Gave it a few spins, tried to like it. Meh.

HOB=EOS=Thursday=KL
SB
BBTM(even though Often and The Hills are some straight bangers)

Simple

Man, you could slap my mother and i wouldn't blink an EYE.

Dissrespeck the first three songs of kissland? You might have to bite some lead frfr

Man, you could slap my mother and i wouldn't blink an EYE.

Dissrespeck the first three songs of kissland? You might have to bite some lead frfr
The first 5 songs were fire!

Only live for is a track that I would throw away

I'm on and off with Wanderlust 

Back
Top Bottom