The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
If anyone got tickets to the Florance show where he is opening did you get your tickets yet?????

I ordered mine first day said email delivery and still have nothing its been about a month since i ordered.  Should i call? anyone have experience with ticketfly?

either way i will be there prob obnoxiously singing every word to every song....0 dambs will be given

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

when is he gonna drop something new?
nerd.gif

This.  I'm fiendin
Judging from tweets from him and his team, it seems like they're mastering on the re-release of his mixtapes for retail....maybe a compilation of some of the more popular songs from the three bodies of work

Originally Posted by presequel

nah, seen him live in LA. dudes voice was on point. i haven't watched coachella video or any other video...i seen him live and he sounded pretty good and on key to me. being a fan plays into it...but if he was terrible then it would be quite obvious. also hes not gonna sing it exactly as how it sounds on the recording...thats why its a recording, it can be multiple takes and plenty of edits to get correct. and they dont always try to sound like how they did it on the recording, they do switch it up.

all in all i just dont see that many complaints to be had if you're actually there. i imagine its hard to judge from camera recordings, even if they're good cameras...because they're not professionally recorded. but each singer is due for some off tune and bad keys here and there.
im not saying hes a terrible singer. but hes not a good singer. maybe just an ok singer.. and once again i dont see why i would have to see him in person to judge his singing ability even if the video isnt professionally recorded.
and btw, the coachell performance WAS professionally recorded for their live feed. and its not that he doesnt sing the song exactly like the studio version that im judging him on. its that he is too often off key and very unstable pitch wise. his voice just doesnt flow out of him. its like hes straining to hit every high note, and often times than not, he fails to hit em. like i said, watch any video of someone like d'angelo, then compare it...

saw this on wshh a few weeks back. for a cover he did his thing on it, especially how he mixed in the songs in

I went to his Minneapolis show Sunday night... good stuff. I enjoyed it, prob cause I was twisted and with some good peopl
- His live band is nice. The drummer has a full pad that replicates most of the electronic sounds that can't be reproduced on a kit. The guitarist does a fantastic job of matching the recordings' sounds.

- A few times the sound would be... spacey... like I was thinking "wait, what is this..." maybe they were transitions, but it just wasn't... tight at times.

- I think he played 12 songs. Started with High For This, ended with an acoustic version of Wicked Games that was sort of a downer. Wish he would have ended with Glass Table Girls or The Birds... those two were easily my favorite cuts. Glass Table Girls was nuts.

- The light show was very good
eek.gif

A small complaint would be the crowd... yes, everyone sings along REALLY loudly... and it was full of girls wearing short skirts, all dolled up and pushing their way to the front. Got hit in the back several times by a chain of girls holding hands and trying to get closer. But I guess that goes with any concert.

Also I had to 
laugh.gif
@ the lames shooting video with their phone through the whole concert. Enjoy the damn thing!

Here's the one clip I recorded:

trying to get rid of a couple tickets to the merriweather post pavilion show in Columbia MD. PM Me fams. 

Originally Posted by jd2384

saw this on wshh a few weeks back. for a cover he did his thing on it, especially how he mixed in the songs in
This is pretty dope.  Made me go and listen to all the originals right after though
laugh.gif

Even though I %*%% with all 3 tapes, I'm still spinning certain tracks from HoB more than anything else I listen to. Party & The After Party remains his greatest work IMO.

None of his music has gotten "old" for me. @!!+ is crazy...definitely the longest I've continually listened to an artist without giving their music a break.

Loft Music bruh...
30t6p3b.gif
. Pure bliss. *%#@ is dangerous, man.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

If anyone got tickets to the Florance show where he is opening did you get your tickets yet?????

I ordered mine first day said email delivery and still have nothing its been about a month since i ordered.  Should i call? anyone have experience with ticketfly?

either way i will be there prob obnoxiously singing every word to every song....0 dambs will be given

If you did email delivery you should have got it the second you purchased them. Check your spam. Then check your ticketfly account and see if you can retrieve them. If those 2 don't work then call

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

None of his music has gotten "old" for me. @!!+ is crazy...definitely the longest I've continually listened to an artist without giving their music a break.
pimp.gif

I just need the remastered trilogy in my possession. @*#$ The Zone video. I think I'll appreciate 'Thursday' a lot more once it's remastered.

laugh.gif
 Wiz makes dumbed-down, good-vibes weed music for teenagers. Abel seems to be making music on a higher level... I'd hate to see him dumb down or change for public consumption.

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

laugh.gif
 Wiz makes dumbed-down, good-vibes weed music for teenagers. Abel seems to be making music on a higher level... I'd hate to see him dumb down or change for public consumption.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Different? Yes. Higher level? No.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

laugh.gif

Thank you. Aint nobody tryna hear his Jimi Hendrix swagga jackin #%# on a track with Weeknd.

Back
Top Bottom