The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Hard for me to say what's his worst cause I love EM all

I have two tiers

Tier 1:
Kissland
House of Balloons

Tier 2:
Echoes of Silence
BBTM
Thursday

I gotta listen to Thursday again cause the first two tracks are my least favorite Weeknd songs. The next 7 tho O_O

Not to say that they're similar tracks, but one I happen to find amazing and the other I think is trash. :lol:

Tell your friends has a KotF feel, but it's just delivered better. Practically the same content, but TYF just flows better imo.

I gotta disagree. Bar for bar KOTF is harder lyrically.

Tell You Friends is cool. Beat is a little dusty and pedestrian for my taste and the first half of the hook is kind of wack but it's cool.

So there isn't a Deluxe version?

I got the regular one, but now I need CDs of the mixtapes and vinyls of everything as well.

The flow of the album is all over the place. Theres a couple bangers of course. But theres no flow to the album like the trilogy :wink:

HOB will always be GOAT 
smokin.gif

I didn't feel as though my initial feelings about the album would change that much after my first listen.

Even though I hope it grows on me, one listen can tell you there's no denying this is his weakest project. I didn't expect KL quality from the start, and was open to a new sound, but it simply didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.

"I'm never rocking white, I'm like a racist"

Last edited:
the more and more i listen to angel, the more and more the feels start to wave in....

and as much as I dont like into the night, when i listen to the lyrics, its classic snarf...

didnt really like the features as much as i thought i would, but dude kept it one hunnid and gave us a little bit of pop to appease the masses and a little bit of that raw weeknd to appease the OG trilogy fanbase.

I wouldnt rank it above KL but its still a solid CD. heres hopping for a 2016 Q1 suprise release to really seal in his spot as the greatest...

Original girls born in the 90's is "this is my sound" that he was talking about on kotf . This is complete 180 from trliogy & kl. The grimey sound is not there at all . Will forever jam to prebeauty weeknd

I think people are forgetting the Weeknd was The Noise before he met up with Jeremry Rose

Alot of these songs are more in line with his original The Noise tracks. That was his "original sound"

Maybe this is the type of music hes always wanted to make but had to get to where his is now for it to be acceptable

because like yall said

Sorry folks...But if this was his first album and no one knew who he was, yall would think this album SUXKS.

This album sux hard. This is NOT Weeknd yo :smh:

!!!!!!!! This

Anyone saying different man, idk what to say :smh:

This album just don't sound like him bruh. It sounds like a whole different artist. This is like everyday pop music. I hope he don't stick to this sound. :smh:

And yall are right, This isnt the Weeknd, its The Noise with some of the Weeknd sprinkled in. Its not a 180, The Noise was always there, just unknown to the majority of fans. Alot of people weren't even messing with The Noise EP which is a shame :smh:

Remember Abel said this all the way back from Rolling Stone

I got you
Baby I got you
Until you're used to my face
And my mystery fades
I got you
So baby love me
Before they all love me
Until you won't love me
Because they all love me
I'll be different
I think I'll be different
I hope I'm not different
And I hope you'll still listen
But until then
Baby I got you
I got you
Girl I still got you
I got you

We got used to the Weekend but it was only a persona, like a mask he was wearing hiding the mystery, then we got a glimpse of his face [The Noise], but we were already used to the Weeknd, then he slowly removed the mask and the mystery faded and we get this, so now to us hes different and some don't like it, but the mainstream loves the new sound. He's just going back to what he always was, and were still listening, he got us

personally I enjoyed The Noise tracks so ill keep listening, Hopefully we do get the old sound back, Trilogy is Abel at his best :smokin , but I can rocc with The Noise for now till he goes back

Album is solid to me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom