The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
This album is what BBTM should've been. 100x better. The vibe, the songs, the flow, everything.

We've got club anthems, don't save these ho's anthems, DO save that ho anthems,
love songs, sad songs. :smokin He's got a winner this time around.

Side note: I'm not hearing enough chatter about "Die For You"

Actually I need to listen to this a few more times before I rate it..

Last edited:
"I just won a new award for a kids show, talkin bout a face coming off a bag of blow.
I'm like god damn bish I am not a teen choice, god damn bish I am not a bleach boy"

:nthat:

Thanksgiving dinner gave me a serious case of the itis.

Just downloaded the album off iTunes, gonna give it a listen today at work.

Heard the OG 6 Feet Under and the album version and OG > Album

Future is my dude but he's not needed on that song at all.

Its finally here

Party Monster is ehh.

Fav tracks 6Ft Under & Reminder

Last edited:
I need to listen to it a few more times and not have the pressure of Finals on my ***** right now.

But Sidewalks, Reminder, Secrets, and Die for you stands out to me.

I listen to that interview and if he can give us a KL sequel I'm good. That interview has some good points in there.

The Hills being a throw away for Soundcloud :smh: and him not knowing how hard it knocked it the club

KL Sequel :smokin

Him flying to Mpls to chat with Prince :smh: :smokin Lord knows Prince would've kept the tracks with those two FOR YEARS

Him and the OVO crew are okay :rolleyes someone is lying but whatever

He said he saw THIS from him after KL and not HOB and to me with him not going too dark sometimes he's just not into going that early mixtape stuff. It might just be different now and I'm cool with it. Dude really has the entire music industry available to him and he wants to make songs and albums that he wants.

Anyone have a link to the interview?

Even better the one with no music

Last edited:
After one listen, I mess with it. Even False Alarm :lol:

Still a bit depressing because no matter how much I try to push the thought away, this just feels like a shell of the artist he was and showed potential to become to me.

I'll keep it in rotation and give it some listens in different circumstances, but as others said; this is what Beauty Behind The Madness should've been.

It's nice to hear the title track again after abstaining from it for the last two months though. Got me moving around my house like

n3ooio.jpg

Cmon my dude

This album is Abel at FULL POTENTIAL.

Full potential does not me creating trilogy (HOB) pt 2

This album is the definition of full potential

He's like yeah I can shoot the 3 and it's my go to but let me show you I can pass the ball, drive, dunk, play defense, grab rebounds etc

A lot of you guys are like man, I just wanna see you shoot them crazy 3s, you don't need to show your full game, you good as just a shooter

Cmon my dude

This album is Abel at FULL POTENTIAL.

Full potential does not me creating trilogy (HOB) pt 2

This album is the definition of full potential

He's like yeah I can shoot the 3 and it's my go to but let me show you I can pass the ball, drive, dunk, play defense, grab rebounds etc

A lot of you guys are like man, I just wanna see you shoot them crazy 3s, you don't need to show your full game, you good as just a shooter

Preach

These dudes dont get it man

That being said I didn't even listen to the full album, but I hope it's even more pop than BBTM :pimp:

Halfway through this one and it's already WAY better than his last two albums. His music to me has been wack as hell the last few years but this joint sounds smooth.

He was talking his ish on Reminder 

Future channeled his inner Codeine Crazy for All I Know. That's the best I've heard him in a long time especially for a feature.

Last edited:
I'm convinced the ghost of Michael Jackson possessed this dude when he made "True Colors" and "A Lonely Night". Like....wow, it's almost creepy. Especially in "A Lonely Night". That's MJ on the track.

Chris Brown always tries to do his MJ inspired tracks, but The Weeknd is his reincarnation.

^^

He's not Mike man, stop that.

Obviously very inspired by him but it's blasphemous to say that as a lover of music.

Excited to hear the album but need to cop some loud first.

Last edited:
On KissLand Weeknd sounded like Mike if Mike was around hood N's and thots. Now he does sound like pop Mike but then again I was never a big fan of Mike's music other than a few tracks.

Back
Top Bottom