The Zoom Kobe II Thread vol. LITES

no Im not saying it doesnt make sense for nike to release Kobe's shoes in the US but u need to look at it from a retailers perspective.Jordan brand is awhole different animal-you can have at anytime 3-4 jumpman team models and whatever signature shoe like the melos or 22's and then top it off with a coupleretros.You have lebron's shoe that drops in what, 3-4 colorways plus his 20-5-5/soldier/st shoe.Next you have kobe (depending on where you live) maybe some2k4's and in a couple of colors,couple colors of zk2's maybe some zk2 st's and maybe the trainers.Then you have any number of adidas,nike andreebok basketball shoes.

as a retailer what sells the best?jordan retros and usually jordan team shoes do like the bloyal etc.would you really expect retailers to embrace possibly 8different kobe shoes on the wall?Especially when you have other shoes similar to the lites that arent really selling.Had nike possibly dropped better colorwaysof the zoom bb's and sales been significantly better for the bb's I think there would have been a better chance we see the lites.

difference between asia and the US is that kobes sell well everywhere in asia.The places where kobes sell the worst in asia I would imagine still sell betterthan many major markets in the US.While Kobe is probably strongest on the west coast of the US,he probably has more fans in china alone than in the US.I wouldalmost put up the sales of the zoom kobe 2 in just japan vs the entire us.

Kobe outsells both Lebron and Jordan in Asia. This is why Nike markets the hell out of him over there.

Originally Posted by never wear them

sarteaga0408 wrote:

Kobe outsells both Lebron and Jordan in Asia. This is why Nike markets the hell out of him over there.
i always thought about it but did not know that it was true.

Kobe's rarely make it to outlets in Asia. Barely now are they getting some MPLS and some Sharkfins to the outlets in Asia, yes of the AZK1. Even the2k4 lasers that released years ago were hitting outlets in extremely limited quantities about 2 years after their release. This was only the case with theblack/gold, I don't think the black/purple ever made it to outlet shelves.

Originally Posted by vulkanthekrusader

somebody hand me a nike application I need to go to HQ...
Yeah V go apply. lol We need some dramtic changes. The whole Nike marketing team needs to be FIRED!

^ Yeah but who knows how many damn pairs of the ZK3 or how many dope tees is gonna be ASIA EXCLUSIVE? SMH

Originally Posted by kobehead

^ Yeah but who knows how many damn pairs of the ZK3 or how many dope tees is gonna be ASIA EXCLUSIVE? SMH
As long as the black version is GR, I'm happy'

I totally agree with goosebear10. The Kobe 2's are out, the Orca's are still there, now the Laser 2k4's w/c Kobe is endorsing right now.....

I think they are coming out here, at least in New York. They are in the showcase at the House of Hoops. I think that means they are dropping but I don'tknow when

posted in a dif thread but fyi for those in japan,50 % off in tokyo already...
8,925 yen is about 82 bucks

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

This is true, unfortunately and extremely stupid.

What The *Expletive deleted.*?

I thought releasing the Kobe 2 with 3 different uppers had some element of risk... but i didn't expect Nike to do a backpedal and drop the Lites from aU.S. release. I know these were going to end up in outlets eventually... but it's a slap in the face for people who were going to buy them.

I guess they forgot about the whole "limited online release" option
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BELLOBLOCK

posted in a dif thread but fyi for those in japan,50 % off in tokyo already...
8,925 yen is about 82 bucks
Wow, Nike release these in US people will buy for $150. Goosebear that said that people in Asia will buy them regular price and Nike releasing them inUS people will buy with sale price and F&F and all this crap. But guess what people in Asia can't afford it and ain't selling well. So Nike stopall this Asia exclusive crap because people in Asia may appreciate Kobe but Lites ain't selling well there and release them in the US.

Originally Posted by jonj99

do they run a little large about half a size
Yes they do run about a half size large but they are also a high volume shoe. Not necessarily wide but there is more room around my foot than in othershoes. I've got to wear my Thorlos with them...

Back
Top Bottom