There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

For those who are vehemently against marriage, can I ask what your upbringing was like? Honestly, I think the way you were brought up and your experiences seeing the dynamic of your OWN family molds how you view things in the present. Also, your ages....not to knock anyone, but there are some immature responses on both sides of the argument in this thread. Personally, I'm willing to accept other peoples POVs, but it's easy to weed out comments from folks who come off as "young."

Your first comment is quite presumptous, in the fact that just because someone doesnt practice exercises something means they are against it. I dont exercise my right to be homosexual, nor do i practice it, does that mean im against or hate the idea of homosexuality...? No it doesnt. My parents are still together and im well im in my 30's And our relationship really isnt to much different then that of my parents to be quite honest. I have no ill wills etc.. for ppl who choose to get married by todays society, I just feel that i am already married because all the things that what a true marriage stands for i have, and i dont see how a ring/ceremony/contract will change the love/bond commitment weve had all these years.

How does social acceptance/validity and worldy things=love? I have yet to get an answer to this. And if thats the case then does the size of a ring/wedding prove shows the stronger bond/commitment? Like I said there arre ppl outside of american today that dont have rings/pacts contracts etc. Is there love for there sig. other and there kids any less then americans in our society because of americas practices?

So a family who been together for 30+ yrs in  the remote parts of africa bond/commitment isnt as strong as some couple in utah because one signed a pact had a ceremony/ring etc? If so how and why? 

And again i ask if a pact/ceremony/rings=comittment love, then what does that say about religion and your love for your kids? You dont have a written pact/exchange rings ceremony with god/your kids. So how do you prove your undying love, commitment in those instances.

I believe actions/doings are the only true measurement of commitment. Like i said before, ppl havde commitments written contracts in alot of aspects of life. Ppl have pacts/contracts to pay bills etc, that dont mean that they will, or even have the intentions on doing so. So whats exactly you guys point?

This thread reminds me of some of the ppl i deal with hosea help feed the homeless, outreach programs, big brothers/big sisters, programs i deal with. You get these young college kids who sole intentions are to get credits for college, so society, potential employers etc.. view them in a certain manner. Or the ppl who just drop in help during the holidays/certain times of the year so ppl will view them as compationate and caring etc.. Which is what alot of celebs companies do etc.. then you got ppl like myself who do it because I have a general care for ppl and society and want to assist others, and dont need the acceptance, the thumbs up, etc.. And do it just for the love and compassion I have for humanity.

Also to the ppl who said without marriage your bond isnt real etc.. So that would suggest that before you got married etc you didnt have a love/bond with the person. So when did it all of a sudden kick in? Was it at the point of saying i do, all of a sudden love magically appeared, and a life long bond and commitment was predestined? Was it at the point of signing the papers at the court house? When did the defining moment happen?

Becausse you guys said that if your not then you dont have that same love commitment bond etc... So that would include all of you married ppl to before you walked down the aisles. So essentially you guys are saying a single event, along with a signed contract, and materialistic possessions change the whole facade and dynamic of your life and feelings you had with a person. So when does this occur? Its like you guys are equating marriage etc with some sort of metamorphic effect on ones love,bond and commitment to that love.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Al Audi

marriage is cool if rules are set an both of you guys are on the same page, i dont see how you can only sex one person for that many years only. this is why ppl swing, swap, 3somes etc.
So are people that actually consider those things, to keep the marriage sane and tolerable, considered immature?

Do I love my wife any less if I am cool with her sucking off another dude?

This is a new day in age, and like you brought up, swapping is done. This is another thing that people really are cool with but would never publicly admit to it because of the backlash.

The concept of one sexual partner is scary, but I am not sure if I could deal with anything dude poking my "Ole Lady"
laugh.gif

he pokes your lady, you poke his lady
hence 

full swap 
laugh.gif

this only works with mature adults who are secure in their relationships 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

marriage is cool if rules are set an both of you guys are on the same page, i dont see how you can only sex one person for that many years only. this is why ppl swing, swap, 3somes etc.
So are people that actually consider those things, to keep the marriage sane and tolerable, considered immature?

Do I love my wife any less if I am cool with her sucking off another dude?

This is a new day in age, and like you brought up, swapping is done. This is another thing that people really are cool with but would never publicly admit to it because of the backlash.

The concept of one sexual partner is scary, but I am not sure if I could deal with anything dude poking my "Ole Lady"
laugh.gif

he pokes your lady, you poke his lady
hence 

full swap 
laugh.gif

this only works with mature adults who are secure in their relationships 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

For those who are vehemently against marriage, can I ask what your upbringing was like? Honestly, I think the way you were brought up and your experiences seeing the dynamic of your OWN family molds how you view things in the present. Also, your ages....not to knock anyone, but there are some immature responses on both sides of the argument in this thread. Personally, I'm willing to accept other peoples POVs, but it's easy to weed out comments from folks who come off as "young."

Your first comment is quite presumptous, in the fact that just because someone doesnt practice exercises something means they are against it. I dont exercise my right to be homosexual, nor do i practice it, does that mean im against or hate the idea of homosexuality...? No it doesnt. My parents are still together and im well im in my 30's And our relationship really isnt to much different then that of my parents to be quite honest. I have no ill wills etc.. for ppl who choose to get married by todays society, I just feel that i am already married because all the things that what a true marriage stands for i have, and i dont see how a ring/ceremony/contract will change the love/bond commitment weve had all these years.

How does social acceptance/validity and worldy things=love? I have yet to get an answer to this. And if thats the case then does the size of a ring/wedding prove shows the stronger bond/commitment? Like I said there arre ppl outside of american today that dont have rings/pacts contracts etc. Is there love for there sig. other and there kids any less then americans in our society because of americas practices?

So a family who been together for 30+ yrs in  the remote parts of africa bond/commitment isnt as strong as some couple in utah because one signed a pact had a ceremony/ring etc? If so how and why? 

And again i ask if a pact/ceremony/rings=comittment love, then what does that say about religion and your love for your kids? You dont have a written pact/exchange rings ceremony with god/your kids. So how do you prove your undying love, commitment in those instances.

I believe actions/doings are the only true measurement of commitment. Like i said before, ppl havde commitments written contracts in alot of aspects of life. Ppl have pacts/contracts to pay bills etc, that dont mean that they will, or even have the intentions on doing so. So whats exactly you guys point?

This thread reminds me of some of the ppl i deal with hosea help feed the homeless, outreach programs, big brothers/big sisters, programs i deal with. You get these young college kids who sole intentions are to get credits for college, so society, potential employers etc.. view them in a certain manner. Or the ppl who just drop in help during the holidays/certain times of the year so ppl will view them as compationate and caring etc.. Which is what alot of celebs companies do etc.. then you got ppl like myself who do it because I have a general care for ppl and society and want to assist others, and dont need the acceptance, the thumbs up, etc.. And do it just for the love and compassion I have for humanity.

Also to the ppl who said without marriage your bond isnt real etc.. So that would suggest that before you got married etc you didnt have a love/bond with the person. So when did it all of a sudden kick in? Was it at the point of saying i do, all of a sudden love magically appeared, and a life long bond and commitment was predestined? Was it at the point of signing the papers at the court house? When did the defining moment happen?

Becausse you guys said that if your not then you dont have that same love commitment bond etc... So that would include all of you married ppl to before you walked down the aisles. So essentially you guys are saying a single event, along with a signed contract, and materialistic possessions change the whole facade and dynamic of your life and feelings you had with a person. So when does this occur? Its like you guys are equating marriage etc with some sort of metamorphic effect on ones love,bond and commitment to that love.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

My dude I have read your attitudes and beliefs on this site for years....yes years.  I know you better than some people in my real life.  I KNEW that you would post that comment in that Casey Anthony trial.  I seent it coming a mile away
laugh.gif
.  Everytime a celeb dies you feel the need to say certain comments.  So yes you are a man but in my opinion you are missing out on alot by choosing to live the way you do.  You also choose to rub people the wrong way and voice your opinion when its not always needed.
This may be true, but we can also expect you to come into any thread about a white girl and call her average, or also be the first one to pull the race card.
laugh.gif
I can't tell if it's a gimmick or you really feel that way.

I'm not just using this ONE discussion though.  My dude I have read your attitudes and beliefs on this site for years....yes years.  I know you better than some people in my real life.  I KNEW that you would post that comment in that Casey Anthony trial.  I seent it coming a mile away
laugh.gif
.  Everytime a celeb dies you feel the need to say certain comments.  So yes you are a man but in my opinion you are missing out on alot by choosing to live the way you do.  You also choose to rub people the wrong way and voice your opinion when its not always needed. Thats selfish behavior and can be seen as immature.  Can I ask you how many times you have admitted to being wrong or admitting you learned something from another perspective on NT?  I'm pretty sure that number is 0, which speaks volumes.

laugh.gif

2. Yea I am working on not voicing my opinion as much when it isn't need. I know that is a character flaw of mine, and I am working on it. It is hard though but I am working on it contrary to popular disbelief.

3. The number is not zero, every damn time I admit to being wrong someone says, "Damn that is rare that anyone does that. Kudos." Especially in the Sports Section. Go back and log my posts and you will see. It doesn't happen often, because I don't feel I am wrong often. But when I do, I admit it.

I'm not just using this ONE discussion though.  My dude I have read your attitudes and beliefs on this site for years....yes years.  I know you better than some people in my real life.  I KNEW that you would post that comment in that Casey Anthony trial.  I seent it coming a mile away
laugh.gif
.  Everytime a celeb dies you feel the need to say certain comments.  So yes you are a man but in my opinion you are missing out on alot by choosing to live the way you do.  You also choose to rub people the wrong way and voice your opinion when its not always needed. Thats selfish behavior and can be seen as immature.  Can I ask you how many times you have admitted to being wrong or admitting you learned something from another perspective on NT?  I'm pretty sure that number is 0, which speaks volumes.

laugh.gif

2. Yea I am working on not voicing my opinion as much when it isn't need. I know that is a character flaw of mine, and I am working on it. It is hard though but I am working on it contrary to popular disbelief.

3. The number is not zero, every damn time I admit to being wrong someone says, "Damn that is rare that anyone does that. Kudos." Especially in the Sports Section. Go back and log my posts and you will see. It doesn't happen often, because I don't feel I am wrong often. But when I do, I admit it.

My dude I have read your attitudes and beliefs on this site for years....yes years.  I know you better than some people in my real life.  I KNEW that you would post that comment in that Casey Anthony trial.  I seent it coming a mile away
laugh.gif
.  Everytime a celeb dies you feel the need to say certain comments.  So yes you are a man but in my opinion you are missing out on alot by choosing to live the way you do.  You also choose to rub people the wrong way and voice your opinion when its not always needed.
This may be true, but we can also expect you to come into any thread about a white girl and call her average, or also be the first one to pull the race card.
laugh.gif
I can't tell if it's a gimmick or you really feel that way.

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

I have 100 respect for you man I understand. Marriage won't change anything if you are already that tight. Which is why I said people like you are still respectable that bond is still there, the most important thing. You don't need the marriage. Just personally, I do.
Why? Please explain why you need it please.
social perception & peer pressure...i can smell it.

I have 100 respect for you man I understand. Marriage won't change anything if you are already that tight. Which is why I said people like you are still respectable that bond is still there, the most important thing. You don't need the marriage. Just personally, I do.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

True not every female has a hidden agenda but alot do. Finding a legit woman is rare.
No it's not.
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious. For instance, if that was the case why are there so many threads about women problems on NT? 

because most of NT is in lala land 
The women that most of the dudes on here  idolize are women that are not real to them in a sense  

Think about .. you see half naked girls in their avy and its like 
eyes.gif
 and am talking about the dudes with girlfriends and wifes specifically 

Why don't you put your girl or wife in a Avy and show her to NT proudly 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

True not every female has a hidden agenda but alot do. Finding a legit woman is rare.
No it's not.
laugh.gif
Not sure if serious. For instance, if that was the case why are there so many threads about women problems on NT? 

because most of NT is in lala land 
The women that most of the dudes on here  idolize are women that are not real to them in a sense  

Think about .. you see half naked girls in their avy and its like 
eyes.gif
 and am talking about the dudes with girlfriends and wifes specifically 

Why don't you put your girl or wife in a Avy and show her to NT proudly 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

my comparison is completely valid and relevant because this is a sneaker message board.
No, because a person is a person, not a pair of shoes. You can't compare a person to a pair of sneakers. Come on, son.

And you also said, "It's your absolute--no contest--favorite and it makes you feel good to tell people you have it. Is there a real benefit to you for having it? Perhaps not in a quantitative sense. But do you feel good that you do? Absolutely."

So basically the point of having a wife is because you feel good about it and you can show her off?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey I can respect that.  This is why I might disagree with you and call you a sociopath but I can respect you man.
laugh.gif
  Glad you are working on things, we all need to.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

That is what I THINK it is as well. I just don't like how people refuse to just admit that they do things for the sake of LOOKING a certain way. I mean we ALL do it. ALL of us do it. ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL of us do it at some point in our lives.

All of you shoe dudes buy shoes so other thirsty dudes can fashionably suck your ____. I mean not be real and admit that we sometimes do things for the sake of impressing others.

Damn.

I'm out man. See you dudes later. Go get some fresh air and some p*ssy and get off this internet.
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey I can respect that.  This is why I might disagree with you and call you a sociopath but I can respect you man.
laugh.gif
  Glad you are working on things, we all need to.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

my comparison is completely valid and relevant because this is a sneaker message board.
No, because a person is a person, not a pair of shoes. You can't compare a person to a pair of sneakers. Come on, son.

And you also said, "It's your absolute--no contest--favorite and it makes you feel good to tell people you have it. Is there a real benefit to you for having it? Perhaps not in a quantitative sense. But do you feel good that you do? Absolutely."

So basically the point of having a wife is because you feel good about it and you can show her off?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

That is what I THINK it is as well. I just don't like how people refuse to just admit that they do things for the sake of LOOKING a certain way. I mean we ALL do it. ALL of us do it. ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL of us do it at some point in our lives.

All of you shoe dudes buy shoes so other thirsty dudes can fashionably suck your ____. I mean not be real and admit that we sometimes do things for the sake of impressing others.

Damn.

I'm out man. See you dudes later. Go get some fresh air and some p*ssy and get off this internet.
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

But before you had the title how did you feel? How was yalls bond. Im just trying to see this defining moment and how a word transitioned your emotions and feeings. And if you not had that title would your love/bond feelings you have for your wife/kids would change? Before you had the title what was your feelings? Its comming across like your giving tangible and living atributes to word, something that is intangible and does not have living attributes. And if its not about status and simply just to have a label brand/title a definition for what you have for society then what is it then? You openly said you can have all those things without the title, so what is the reasoning for the title if not for validity/ social norms and the label? In your eyes. Im not trying to put words in your mouth.

Bad example here but its early and this is the best I can come up with in the we early of the hours. If two ppl are experts on working on cars, both are proficient/skilled at what they do, but one calls himself a mechanic and has all his titles/accolades etc posted up in the shop and the other person doesnt. Is the guy who label himself, post his accolades anymore skilled then the other person? And if not to be labeled and seek acceptance, acknowledgement from patrons etc what would be the reason for posting his titles accolades? 

I addressed you first paragraph in another reply to you. But, a short answer; I felt the same. There is no defining moment, and nothing would change really if I didn't have that title. But, again you missing the point. I married for me and for my wife. She is the only one who I need validation from and the title means something to me personally, I value and respect it. I don't need anyone else to validate it. I would like them to respect it though. I am giving the word a higher meaning because that's what it means to me. It manifests into physical emotion.

Agreed there is no defining moment like many claim to be. But the whole i married for me and my wife is just a open ended statement. What does that mean exactly? Its not like we breathe=to survive. We drink water=to live. So if she your wife and kids are the only ppl you need to validate something to why the need to validate it prove it to others? If you did it to make her/you happy fine i can go with that. But just because one man does something and the other doesnt, does that make him unhappy? Thats my point, im not saying its wrong I am just asking what is the purpose/reasoning behind it. And i hear you about words, but that is just that they are words, we choose well most ppl accept what words means. It isnt a definitive like actions. Just like the word gaf backwards, it means ciggs but our society has deemed it a negative connotation for homosexuals. So again words are just words. Im a man of actions not words. The way I treat my family/kids etc does the talking for me. And isnt actions emotions a universal language? If can go to any country, any place regardless of dialects/language spoke and act in a manner where what I feel/mean can be expressed and understood is this not true?

As for the guy who said he didnt get married believe in it because society that isnt true. There is absolutely no dna evidence that shows humans are born with the predistination of marriage. If so please show me. Its the same for religion and all other aspects of our lives. We as humans arengt born with a be racists gene, a anti homosexual gene, a i must get married in a public audience etc gene... Therefore it was instilled and manifested through society and interactions through life and its experiences. So in that aspect sir you are wrong. Unless you can validate your comment with some sort of biological proof that says you were born with a must have a ceremony/ring/sign contract gene.

Originally Posted by LDJ

But before you had the title how did you feel? How was yalls bond. Im just trying to see this defining moment and how a word transitioned your emotions and feeings. And if you not had that title would your love/bond feelings you have for your wife/kids would change? Before you had the title what was your feelings? Its comming across like your giving tangible and living atributes to word, something that is intangible and does not have living attributes. And if its not about status and simply just to have a label brand/title a definition for what you have for society then what is it then? You openly said you can have all those things without the title, so what is the reasoning for the title if not for validity/ social norms and the label? In your eyes. Im not trying to put words in your mouth.

Bad example here but its early and this is the best I can come up with in the we early of the hours. If two ppl are experts on working on cars, both are proficient/skilled at what they do, but one calls himself a mechanic and has all his titles/accolades etc posted up in the shop and the other person doesnt. Is the guy who label himself, post his accolades anymore skilled then the other person? And if not to be labeled and seek acceptance, acknowledgement from patrons etc what would be the reason for posting his titles accolades? 

I addressed you first paragraph in another reply to you. But, a short answer; I felt the same. There is no defining moment, and nothing would change really if I didn't have that title. But, again you missing the point. I married for me and for my wife. She is the only one who I need validation from and the title means something to me personally, I value and respect it. I don't need anyone else to validate it. I would like them to respect it though. I am giving the word a higher meaning because that's what it means to me. It manifests into physical emotion.

Agreed there is no defining moment like many claim to be. But the whole i married for me and my wife is just a open ended statement. What does that mean exactly? Its not like we breathe=to survive. We drink water=to live. So if she your wife and kids are the only ppl you need to validate something to why the need to validate it prove it to others? If you did it to make her/you happy fine i can go with that. But just because one man does something and the other doesnt, does that make him unhappy? Thats my point, im not saying its wrong I am just asking what is the purpose/reasoning behind it. And i hear you about words, but that is just that they are words, we choose well most ppl accept what words means. It isnt a definitive like actions. Just like the word gaf backwards, it means ciggs but our society has deemed it a negative connotation for homosexuals. So again words are just words. Im a man of actions not words. The way I treat my family/kids etc does the talking for me. And isnt actions emotions a universal language? If can go to any country, any place regardless of dialects/language spoke and act in a manner where what I feel/mean can be expressed and understood is this not true?

As for the guy who said he didnt get married believe in it because society that isnt true. There is absolutely no dna evidence that shows humans are born with the predistination of marriage. If so please show me. Its the same for religion and all other aspects of our lives. We as humans arengt born with a be racists gene, a anti homosexual gene, a i must get married in a public audience etc gene... Therefore it was instilled and manifested through society and interactions through life and its experiences. So in that aspect sir you are wrong. Unless you can validate your comment with some sort of biological proof that says you were born with a must have a ceremony/ring/sign contract gene.

There is something to be gained from marriage, that's why it's been around for many thousands of years. It's not simply an advent of modern culture. The modern meaning of marriage has changed significantly though. Check out "Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human" for more information

There is something to be gained from marriage, that's why it's been around for many thousands of years. It's not simply an advent of modern culture. The modern meaning of marriage has changed significantly though. Check out "Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human" for more information

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Marriage also used to be strictly arranged as well, though. "Have my daughter for eight goats and four blankets."

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom