There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Do men seem to flock towards the half naked attention seekers? Yep, and the decent chick on the sidelines is like 'What the hell, man?' But you know what? That decent chick is locked in on some cocky, billy bad-a, deadbeat dad type, leaving decent dudes on the sidelines like 'Really? Have fun getting beat down and wondering how you're gonna get out, I guess.'

For every chick wondering why it's so difficult for a faithful, good woman to get the praise and attention of males, there's some dude out there wondering why it's so difficult for a faithful, humble man to get some shine. Tons of good women are thinking "I guess I have to start slutting it up to get a decent guy" while tons of good men are thinking "I guess I need to be a more arrogant jerk to get a decent guy."
eek.gif

Didn't know you rolled like that, ska. You free this weekend? I'm an arrogant jerk. 
wink.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

@Andrea

1. How is your relationship of 5 years? Are you happy or comfortable? Do you have enough faith in yourself and him (as a man) to think that you two could take this to the next step?

2. If not ^, are you willing to just being "together" for the rest of your lives and not get married?

@Andrea

1. How is your relationship of 5 years? Are you happy or comfortable? Do you have enough faith in yourself and him (as a man) to think that you two could take this to the next step?

2. If not ^, are you willing to just being "together" for the rest of your lives and not get married?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

@Andrea

I am happy and I think that everyone who gets married is happy but yet there is such a high divorce rate... so its still would be a decision based on hope.... I think he wants to get married and have a family down the line... I'm not married yet so I think its a decision i have to make for myself. We are no where near making that type of commitment to each other... so we dont talk about it much.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

@Andrea

I am happy and I think that everyone who gets married is happy but yet there is such a high divorce rate... so its still would be a decision based on hope.... I think he wants to get married and have a family down the line... I'm not married yet so I think its a decision i have to make for myself. We are no where near making that type of commitment to each other... so we dont talk about it much.

One of the reasons I think some of you have such a distaste of marriage is maybe because your parents are divorced. What about the marriages that do work out? There are some good marriages out there. Example, my parents and many other marriages I have seen in my community.

Like I said, maybe it is a cultural thing, because in my culture, marriage is serious business. At times, I do think it is too much when in fact divorces are needed. So LDJ, yes people in my culture do take marriage literally to remain together forever. By the way, I am not religious, I am agnostic. So if I want to get married, it is for beneficial reasons and to get rewards from the state. But back to religion, culture, and marriage.

For example, my cousin that married some distant relative of hers (yes, I know *barf* but it is culturally and socially acceptable in some cultures unfortunately) that moved from Jordan to Saudi Arabia to be with him. Remember that in Saudi Arabia there are barely any civil rights for women. This husband of hers would beat her while she was pregnant and even knocked her face, put it on the floor, and put his foot of her face to hold her down. Her nose was bleeding and remember that she was pregnant.

So at times she has been wanting to leave him due to his controlling,possessive and abusive behavior, her parents went against it. What did my aunt say? Oh, well, who will want to marry her again if she becomes divorced, what will people say about her and us? -_- Disgusting. They are worried more about the stigma and reputation of their daughter being divorced rather than her being abused and her well-being. But then again, over there in those countries, the woman is heavily dependent on the husband for finances. He is the breadwinner. Plus, if a divorce happens, most of the time the state gives the child to the FATHER, for custody, not the mom.

One of the reasons I think some of you have such a distaste of marriage is maybe because your parents are divorced. What about the marriages that do work out? There are some good marriages out there. Example, my parents and many other marriages I have seen in my community.

Like I said, maybe it is a cultural thing, because in my culture, marriage is serious business. At times, I do think it is too much when in fact divorces are needed. So LDJ, yes people in my culture do take marriage literally to remain together forever. By the way, I am not religious, I am agnostic. So if I want to get married, it is for beneficial reasons and to get rewards from the state. But back to religion, culture, and marriage.

For example, my cousin that married some distant relative of hers (yes, I know *barf* but it is culturally and socially acceptable in some cultures unfortunately) that moved from Jordan to Saudi Arabia to be with him. Remember that in Saudi Arabia there are barely any civil rights for women. This husband of hers would beat her while she was pregnant and even knocked her face, put it on the floor, and put his foot of her face to hold her down. Her nose was bleeding and remember that she was pregnant.

So at times she has been wanting to leave him due to his controlling,possessive and abusive behavior, her parents went against it. What did my aunt say? Oh, well, who will want to marry her again if she becomes divorced, what will people say about her and us? -_- Disgusting. They are worried more about the stigma and reputation of their daughter being divorced rather than her being abused and her well-being. But then again, over there in those countries, the woman is heavily dependent on the husband for finances. He is the breadwinner. Plus, if a divorce happens, most of the time the state gives the child to the FATHER, for custody, not the mom.

For those in here that aren't married, ya'll have to stop letting fear or other people's failures dictate your life and your life decisions.  Not just with the concept of marriage but just any aspect of life in general. 
Edit--

Plus, if a divorce happens, most of the time the state gives the child to the FATHER, for custody, not the mom.

We might want to start adopting this format here in the USA.

For those in here that aren't married, ya'll have to stop letting fear or other people's failures dictate your life and your life decisions.  Not just with the concept of marriage but just any aspect of life in general. 
Edit--

Plus, if a divorce happens, most of the time the state gives the child to the FATHER, for custody, not the mom.

anyone else here engaged besides me? ...
laugh.gif

lotta future george clooney's in here, haha jk. everyone has their own view and opinion on things and will act accordingly, marriage is no different. if it's not for you then don't do it, if it is actually something you wanna get into then go for it. simple as that

anyone else here engaged besides me? ...
laugh.gif

lotta future george clooney's in here, haha jk. everyone has their own view and opinion on things and will act accordingly, marriage is no different. if it's not for you then don't do it, if it is actually something you wanna get into then go for it. simple as that

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I can respect this.

I can respect this.

How is a pre-nup a sign that you expect the marriage to fail? I have life insurance but I don't expect to get shot in the head tomorrow

How is a pre-nup a sign that you expect the marriage to fail? I have life insurance but I don't expect to get shot in the head tomorrow

With or without children? Looking on the outside in I think husbands seem happier without children.
Anyway Partnership, unless you have genuinely experienced it you won't understand how imperative an authentically solid partnership is.

With or without children? Looking on the outside in I think husbands seem happier without children.
Anyway Partnership, unless you have genuinely experienced it you won't understand how imperative an authentically solid partnership is.

What for? Can a father breast feed an infant? Babies and children need there mothers.  It's like that in the animal kingdom. The reason why fathers would get custody and not the mothers in that kind of culture is because it's laced with property. 

What for? Can a father breast feed an infant? Babies and children need there mothers.  It's like that in the animal kingdom. The reason why fathers would get custody and not the mothers in that kind of culture is because it's laced with property. 

Edit--

MANY mothers a extremely incompetent, we don't necessarily need to adopt this format but the system needs to be a little more fair about who they assign custody to.

Edit--

MANY mothers a extremely incompetent, we don't necessarily need to adopt this format but the system needs to be a little more fair about who they assign custody to.

Don't even get me started on this subject. Courts have raped me as a father you have no rights.

Don't even get me started on this subject. Courts have raped me as a father you have no rights.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

If its not too much to type I would like to hear what happened.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

If its not too much to type I would like to hear what happened.

Back
Top Bottom