Thinking of trading in my 80 GB PS3 for a 60 GB OG PS3. Thoughts?

I asked this in the PS3 thread and got no response, but yeah, it's in the title. Do you guys think it's a good idea or bad? Would I have to worry about YLOD or anything else of that nature? Also, is there anything I can do to keep my game saves and game utility like DLC and stuff? Can I just take out the hard drive on my 80 GB and put it in the 60 GB? Would I have to save them on an external hard drive? Can I even do that? Thanks.

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

why would you want the og ps3? and with less GB?

play ps2 games
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Reverse compatibility?

if so, i'd say just cop a ps2 from either a thrift store or one of those small gaming shops. people in my area selling the slim ps2s for as low as 30 bucks on cl. why risk YLOD to temporarily play old games.

I just wanna know the chances of getting YLOD on a 60 GB model. It's not just the backwards compatibility, it's also the extra USB ports and the Flash drive.
I also asked if I can just put in the hard drive from my 80 GB into the 60 GB. If so, then space wouldn't be an issue.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I just wanna know the chances of getting YLOD on a 60 GB model. It's not just the backwards compatibility, it's also the extra USB ports and the Flash drive.
I also asked if I can just put in the hard drive from my 80 GB into the 60 GB. If so, then space wouldn't be an issue.
Keep the 80 GB and buy a PS2 for $99
The extra ports are whatever, who really needs 4? 60's brick alot more often than 80's.

There is a way to keep game saves, but you need PS+, as it allows you to have access to to Cloud saving.

I have the og and I've had to fix it twice in the past year. Now games are freezing again and I have a feeling it's going to crap out again.

This time, I might go for the newer model. Screw backwards compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom