This Casey Anthony case has me wondering about lawyers

When these lawyers back up their defendant, do they honestly think they are innocent. Just like in OJs case, we all knew he was guilty. Did his lawyers honestly think he was innocent, or are they just trying to make bank? These lawyers can't honestly think that their defendants are innocent. It just doesn't add up. 

When these lawyers back up their defendant, do they honestly think they are innocent. Just like in OJs case, we all knew he was guilty. Did his lawyers honestly think he was innocent, or are they just trying to make bank? These lawyers can't honestly think that their defendants are innocent. It just doesn't add up. 

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

It's the lawyers job to defend the client by any means necessary. There are absolutely no scruples in the law profession... anything goes. 

Originally Posted by useref15

really?
btw, go watch "LINCOLN LAWYER" if you have time.. the main character brings up a good, humanizing point about being a defense lawyer.. i forget the exact lines.. movie was forgettable.. but yea.. go watch in on your time. 

Originally Posted by useref15

really?
btw, go watch "LINCOLN LAWYER" if you have time.. the main character brings up a good, humanizing point about being a defense lawyer.. i forget the exact lines.. movie was forgettable.. but yea.. go watch in on your time. 

It's the lawyers job to defend the client by any means necessary. There are absolutely no scruples in the law profession... anything goes. 

Originally Posted by scshift

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 

I would say ask Johnnie Cochran, but he is no longer with us.

O.J. got off, CELEBRATION *!+!#%+!!!!!!!!!!!

White girl gets off, its a problem.

She didnt have the body sitting outside of her house...........and the only reason the body was where it was, is because somebody moved it there.

I would say ask Johnnie Cochran, but he is no longer with us.

O.J. got off, CELEBRATION *!+!#%+!!!!!!!!!!!

White girl gets off, its a problem.

She didnt have the body sitting outside of her house...........and the only reason the body was where it was, is because somebody moved it there.

Not that simple man. First, the one aspect of our judicial system I agree completely with is that its the state's burden to prove guilt. That may mean that some guilty go free, but if it frees an innocent man I am all for it.
Secondly, I will never judge a trial based on media coverage. The court of public opinion is just as powerful as the judicial system itself. Do I know if the chick is guilty? Not at all, but that is the point. Many people believe the chick is guilty but at the end of the day it was all based on circumstances.

Not that simple man. First, the one aspect of our judicial system I agree completely with is that its the state's burden to prove guilt. That may mean that some guilty go free, but if it frees an innocent man I am all for it.
Secondly, I will never judge a trial based on media coverage. The court of public opinion is just as powerful as the judicial system itself. Do I know if the chick is guilty? Not at all, but that is the point. Many people believe the chick is guilty but at the end of the day it was all based on circumstances.

yall are looking at it completely wrong....its not about money vs doing whats right....its about them doing there job to make sure that everyone regardless of what people think about them gets a fair trial.

Back
Top Bottom