THIS DECADE'S FACE OF HIP-HOP?

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

the answer is Ye everybody wake up.....
tired.gif

/thread

Cam>Kanye

I'd say Kanye first off, although considering Wayne. Hard one and we have HOv too. Although I think Wayne made it bigger then Jay mainstream wise.

After thinking about it longer,

Eminem during the 1st half of the decade > Jay during the 1st half of the decade.

If your gonna consider Jay, your also gonna have to consider Em.

You could make a strong case for many, Jay-Z obviously. 50 Cent's dominance can't be denied, or Eminem for that matter. I despise calling Kanye theface of hip hop but his impact can't be denied. But you can't deny Lil Wayne and the south's takeover of hip hop in this decade. This decade hasbeen all about the south's dominance. Wack decade for hip hop though quite frankly.

Eminem definitely was the best in the early stages of the decade IMO, but he's certainly faded...

Wayne and Kanye have really taken over during the past couple of years though

yep, it's jay...i mean, around 2000 is when jay really started to blow up..i mean, big pimpin came out that year (i think) and tore TRL up--like,that's how big it was, it tore TRL up. the 2000s is Jay's Decade. From going from a one of the greats, to the self proclaimed "GOD MC," jayowned this decade. No one is really close, like really. Not only did Jay impact hip hop music the most, he also left his mark on fashion (setting numeroustrends), business ventures, and was named president of def jam.

Yall are going on "facts," figures and accomplishments

The face of hiphop this decade is just who is the most thought of, remembered

When you ask people,"who you feeling in rap right now?" or "who's running the game right now?"

You'd get alot more Kanye and Wayne than you would Jay

I listen to all 3 so it doesn't even matter

Its hilarious how people keep sayin wayne...I mean yea he had the carter 2 ,and the carter 3 was popular but are yall serious tho?

ITS EASILY JAY Z....
I would put kanye right after jay ,then 50 ....nobody cares about who's 4th...

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

Should be Jay-Z, but it will likely be Wayne.

Yea I wanna say Jay but if you take a poll with the census in 2010 Wayne would probally have an overwhelming victory

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I immediately thought of Wayne when I read the title.

Then I gave it some more thought, and thought Kanye.

Finally, to be fair, I had to throw T.I. into the mix...

It's a toss up between those three.

Qft!!! It's Wayne, TIP, and kanye .....not jay z.... Like it or not dude buzz was high as hell when the blue print and black album dropped, then he camback and it wasn't the same...(so that rules him out, besides he reminds me of the late 90's early 2000's) EM....stans shut the hell up dude is notthe face of this decade.....he hasn't dropped an album in years....so shut up.....for those that say the roc....let's be real the only one thatactually is getting his shine on from the roc besides jay is kanye....the rest of them guys never realy did numbers....with the exception of Philadelphiafreeway...and the dynasty I think.

^^^lil wayne stans are worst tho...dude has a lip ring,kisses men,and can't make better music then jay.....ムªƒƒ¡n º

Back
Top Bottom