This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo

Atleti (hope the foxes can continue the dream though)

Monaco

Barcelona (welcome back Dani Alves)

Bayern (if Sergio Ramos can be contained)

Last edited:
Reports are RM has agreed to sign Porto CB Felipe Monterio, hopefully it goes much than the last time we got a defender from Porto [emoji]128530[/emoji] Was also hoping they would just run with the youth movement for depth at CB.

He plays on the left sometimes but he's actually right footed.

He can play any position in attack really tbf,even striker
Im aware he can play any attacking position. I use him as a striker in Ultimate Team. Just thought he was left footed considering Bayern plays him as a left winger

Last edited:
^^

Noted,dude's versatility is gonna make him expensive AF :lol:

Whatever happened to Jesus Vallejo?

Is he even still at Real?
he's on loan at Frankfurt, and doing great, he should be on the first team next season

Oh kk,was wondering why Real's buying another defender when he hasn't even got a chance yet. Thought he had next back at Real

Last edited:
I'm hoping the reports are false but if we see the exits of Pepe (most likely), Nacho (has earned the right to start somewhere), Danillo :smile:lol), Coentrao (needs to go), it will make sense to add a veteran to the back line

Good fixture list in La Liga this weekend

Last edited:
That Belgian squad feels like an almost elite squad, the type that could theoretically win a WC but also make a first round exit.

Maybe I just doubt any national team that features Frolaini after putting us through the pain this year. Cost us multiple points :smh:

Another promising NT that seems to be a manager away from being world beaters :lol: :smh:

They don't play like a true team in tourneys

Last edited:
Atleti v Leicester should be interesting. Neither side will want possession :lol:

Hazard needs to step up for country.

Another promising NT that seems to be a manager away from being world beaters
laugh.gif
mean.gif

They don't play like a true team in tourneys
Exactly. We've had a "golden generation" for a while now, but put them all on the same field and they don't come close to the expectations. I assume Wilmots played a key a role in that and I'm glad he finally got sacked but in all honesty I'm not expecting much different results.

We have players in excellent form right now like Lukaku, Nainggolan, Mertens, Hazard, ... but the team chemistry has never really been there when you put them all on the same team.

One thing we can be certain of is Martinez will at least do proper training. Wilmots for example did not bother training against Wales' formation in the Euros and I think we all remember what happened after that. I think the fact that many of our players can't communicate in the same language with eachother might also play a role. The north and south of Belgium speak different languages; Dutch in the north and French in the south. Problem is, the south does not teach Dutch as a mandatory language, which results in it not being taught at all in most of the south. We learn French in the north but since we rarely have to use it unless going to the south, our French tends to degrade rather quickly after graduation.

That language barrier has a serious detrimental effect on government communicaton so it likely has some impact on a smaller sample size like our national team as well.

Local interviews or tv segments following our national team demonstrate pretty clearly that they can't really fluently communicate with eachother. Kompany is one of the few who can speak both our native languages fluently. Lukaku does so as well.

It would probably be easier for everyone if they just switched to English full-time. When one of our sports shows followed the national team during the Euros our players seemed to get along well but they constantly had to explain what they were saying to eachother because it was just a mix of Dutch and French.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the reports are false but if we see the exits of Pepe (most likely), Nacho (has earned the right to start somewhere), Danillo :smile:lol), Coentrao (needs to go), it will make sense to add a veteran to the back line

Good fixture list in La Liga this weekend

Apparently, Otamendi is being linked...

Mendes has offered Otamendi to Real Madrid. With Pepe expected to leave for China when his contract ends this summer. [El Confidencial]

Think you guys were interested in him in the past and he was a beast in La Liga

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom