This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
You using goals and assists to explain why Pogba, a midfielder, is less influential than Sturridge, a forward, is a reason why people should ignore you.

**** all that though my guy Axel on :evil: :evil:

Damn you! Why couldn't I have put it to simply.

To me that's looking at in a vacuum.  I don't think it's categorically true that forwards are of greater intrinsic value than central midfielders.  

Even harder than scoring goals is creating goals. A central midfielder of Pogba's caliber gets paid to score goals, create goals, and prevent the opposition from scoring goals. That sounds like damn good positional value to me.

I wasn't implying that anyone said midfielders aren't important to the team either. All I said was to valuate Pogba based on what positions he doesn't play on the field is flawed. 

Yes forwards can appear* to win you games by themselves but citing the greatest player of all time isn't a good example.  Sticking with Barca though, what about their 08/09 CL winning season?  Samuel Eto scored +30 goals, was he more influential than Xavi? What about 2011, David Villa scored 25 across competitions. Far more goals than Iniesta, was he more valuable?

But we got sidetracked here. My point wasn't who's more valuable or influential, FW or CM.

I just think placing a cap on Pogba's value explicitly because of the nature of his position is flawed. Pogba was the most expensive player ever due to the market growth rate we see year-to-year in the sport. EPL playing with monopoly money this year dramatized that market growth.
In response to y'all hypocritical thinking as @NorthOaklandFC so eloquently put it, but of course y'all gonna ignore it cause it don't suit y'all alternative facts having selves

Nah playa, I saw that.

You said "and you talk out of your backside"

Nah playa, I saw that.

You said "and you talk out of your backside"
Stop talking out y'all backside

Last edited:
Almost 500 goals between the 2 in this pic :smokin

View media item 2315565
quote]I don't know if Nike's licensing for the Hypervenom was too expensive. But whoever Man U commissioned to make this trophy should go back and retro-fit it. He broke the record in the Hypervenom silo, not the Tiempo.

Great eye...

Feels like every "Golden boot" is modelled after the Tiempo somewhat :lol:. I don't even mind,it's classic. It'd be a crazy nice touch if they actually did his hypervenom boot and made it mad realistic though :lol:

Last edited:
A goal and an assist for the Deutscherfussballmeister in his first start in a year, not bad :smokin. Even if it is Wigan :lol:

Last edited:
Is that enough for MOTM for Basti?! Lol.

That unathletic overhead kick from out of nowhere should be the tiebreaker for him over Tony :lol:

My dude Timbo also had himself a great shift,hope Mou gives him more minutes moving forward

Last edited:
Great eye...

Feels like every "Golden boot" is modelled after the Tiempo somewhat :lol:. I don't even mind,it's classic. It'd be a crazy nice touch if they actually did his hypervenom boot and made it mad realistic though :lol:
yea it seems like those kinda trophies are modeled after a nike tiempo or an adidas copa mundial, both classic leather boots. That trophy even has the quilted stitching on the toebox of the tiempo 5, so I don't see why they can't replicate the honeycomb-like mesh upper of the hypervenom.

Almost 500 goals between the 2 in this pic :smokin
I don't know if Nike's licensing for the Hypervenom was too expensive. But whoever Man U commissioned to make this trophy should go back and retro-fit it. He broke the record in the Hypervenom silo, not the Tiempo.

The eye for detail that you guys have for footy boots is always incredible to me. :lol:
I've had an eye for dope footwear at an early age. I've played sports all my life, so that's maybe where it comes from. It's why I'm on this board now since I can finally afford what I couldn't have as a child.

I got the same eye for beauty when it comes to women :wink:

In response to y'all hypocritical thinking as @NorthOaklandFC so eloquently put it, but of course y'all gonna ignore it cause it don't suit y'all alternative facts having selves

Stop talking out y'all backside

:x You're having a shocker in here. You used goals and assists to explain why Sturridge is in better or the same form as Pogba. You then quote someone who asks did 'Eto'o have a better season than Xavi due to him scoring more goals?' That surely indicates that he wouldn't use goals and assists to rate who is better between Sturridge and Pogba. :lol:

Also the parts in bold have nothing to do with your claims.

The two play in different parts of the pitch and have different jobs, comparing the two, especially by using goals and assists is flawed.

\
:x You're having a shocker in here. You used goals and assists to explain why Sturridge is in better or the same form as Pogba. You then quote someone who asks did 'Eto'o have a better season than Xavi due to him scoring more goals?' That surely indicates that he wouldn't use goals and assists to rate who is better between Sturridge and Pogba. :lol:

Also the parts in bold have nothing to do with your claims.

The two play in different parts of the pitch and have different jobs, comparing the two, especially by using goals and assists is flawed.
Again your low comprehension levels are getting in the way of things. I quoted NorthOakland because he clearly stated the following below

To me that's looking at in a vacuum.  I don't think it's categorically true that forwards are of greater intrinsic value than central midfielders.  

Even harder than scoring goals is creating goals. A central midfielder of Pogba's caliber gets paid to score goals, create goals, and prevent the opposition from scoring goals. That sounds like damn good positional value to me.

I wasn't implying that anyone said midfielders aren't important to the team either. All I said was to valuate Pogba based on what positions he doesn't play on the field is flawed. 

You said

You using goals and assists to explain why Pogba, a midfielder, is less influential than Sturridge, a forwardl

You using goals and assists to explain why Pogba, a midfielder, is less influential than Sturridge, a forward[/SIZE][/B]l

All I said was to valuate Pogba based on what positions he doesn't play on the field is flawed. 

View media item 2315727
View media item 2315728
View media item 2315729

I know its hard for you to wrap your mind around it, but Midfielders can get goals too.

It took you almost two hours to come up with a response and you still failed. So if anyone is having a shocker it's yourself.

Last edited:
They also record assists now

But ya don't let a crazy thing like statistics get in the way of United supporters logical thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom