This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP to those who died in the plane crash

vid of Chapecoense celebrating their semifinals victory

bruh, I got so misty eyed after watching that :frown:

I love that the whole entire futbol community banded together to help the club out. Stay Classy.

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji]

RIP to all of my footballing brothas that passed away in that crash.

All these class gestures from around the world is why football is called the beautiful game.

759.gif

Last edited:
It's so surreal to me, last Wednesday I saw these guys hold us to a 0-0 draw and advance to the final. I saw them celebrate like they had just won the World Cup. It was the biggest moment in the club's history. And now they're all gone.

It took Manchester United 10 years to recover from the Munich air disaster which claimed 8 of their players.

I can't even begin to imagine what rebuilding is going to be like for these folks. Glad to see the rest of the footy community lending a helping hand though.

Yeah, it dawned on me way after the fact about the rebuilding process.

Corinthians, Santos, Sao Paulo, & newly crowned champions Palmeiras petitioned the Brazilian FA to allow as many loan requests as possible & for Chapecoense be granted immunity from relegation to Serie B for the next 3 seasons. They're asking in the event that Chapecoense finish bottom of the table for the 5th to the bottom be relegated instead.

RIP to the deceased and Bless UP to the families and survivors.

Terrible news to have to wake up to. The locker room celebration vid, and the player about to become a dad vid got me right in the feels.

Glad to see the global footy community rally around this tragedy.

Just a sobering reminder that life is short and you never know when your time will be up.

Remind your loved ones/fam DAILY how much they mean to you, cuz you never know if you'll get to again...

I always see these clubs riding planes on social media and I always hope they travel safely. Just imagine how many times all these athletes have to ride planes and get from 1 place to another. Crazy

Crazy I was just thinking the other day how rare plane crashes occurs while buying tickets back home for xmas..so sad man.

3 years isn't enough man..give that club lifetime immunity like some clubs are petitioning as welll

Last edited:
Damn this is terrible. I don't know anything about this club but its still so surreal to see something like this happen.

Unfortunately,apparently someone made up the PSG donating 40m story :smh:

Besides that,the outpouring of support from just about everyone in the footy world has been touching to see

MMD_959094_los_mensajes_de_apoyo_y_fuerza_del_mundo_del_futbol.jpg

Last edited:
I feel sick to my stomach.

No words. No words whatsoever.

I looked up at the sky and saw an airplane flying by and I prayed that it lands safely. :frown:

RIP to the deceased. I haven't yet flown on a plane in my 21 years of living, and stories like this make me so cautious to ever get on one. 

Heartbroken, haven't stopped thinking about this all day. I can't even imagine how a club recovers from this, how the players families cope. To see how clubs around the world have come together is heartwarming, really makes you realise that this really is the beautiful game. RIP Força Chape :frown:

@BrasileiraoBlog GREAT NEWS. First rescued victim, defender Alan Ruschel has risk of being paraplegic eliminated. #ForçaChape!

HACKWORTH NAMES 20-PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2016 NIKE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES
TWELVE PLAYERS RETURN FROM 2015 NIKE FRIENDLIES ROSTER; ALL TOURNAMENT MATCHES TO BE BROADCAST ACROSS USSOCCER.COM, FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE

U-17 MNT Nov 29, 2016
CHICAGO (Nov. 29, 2015) – U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team head coach John Hackworth named a 20-player roster that will compete at the 13th annual Nike International Friendlies in Lakewood Ranch, Fla. from Nov. 30-Dec. 4.

U.S. U-17 Men’s National Team Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (2): Carlos Joaquim Dos Santos (S.L. Benfica; Philadelphia, Penn.), Justin Garces (Kendall SC; Miami, Fla.)

DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Asensio (Atlanta United FC; Roswell, Ga.), Sergino Dest (Ajax; Almere-stad, Netherlands), Christopher Gloster (New York Red Bulls; Montclair, N.J.), Jaylin Lindsey (Sporting Kansas City; Charlotte, N.C.), Carlos Ritaccio (BW Gotschee; Westbury, N.Y.), James Sands (New York City FC; Rye, N.Y.), Arturo Vasquez (FC Golden State; Mira Loma, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): George Acosta (Weston FC; Hollywood, Fla.), Isaac Angking (New England Revolution; Providence, R.I.), Christopher Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.), Blaine Ferri (Solar Chelsea SC; Southlake, Tex.), Rayshaun McGann (Philadelphia Union; Royal Palm Beach, Fla.), Indiana Vassilev (IMG Academy; Savannah, Ga.)

FORWARDS (5): Ayomide Akinola (Toronto FC; Brampton, Ont.), Andrew Carleton (Atlanta United FC; Powder Springs, Ga.), Bryan Reynolds Jr. (FC Dallas; Little Elm, Tex.), Joshua Sargent (Scott Gallagher Missouri; O’Fallen, Mo.) Timothy Weah (Paris Saint-Germain F.C.; Rosedale, N.Y.)

Twelve players return to the USA’s Nike Friendlies roster after also participating in the 2015 edition of the tournament including Andrew Carleton and Josh Sargent, who both scored in last year’s competition. Players who also competed in the 2015 Friendlies when the U.S. went 1-2-0 with a 2-1 win vs. tournament runner-up Netherlands, are: Justin Garces, Jaylin Lindsey, James Sands, Arturo Vasquez, George Acosta, Chris Durkin, Blaine Ferri, Rayshaun McGann, Ayo Akinola and Timothy Weah.

Of the 20 players on the roster, only three: Carlos Dos Santos (Benfica), Dest Sergino (Ajax) and Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain), do not play for U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs.

The tournament, which will return to Premier Sports Complex and run concurrently with the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase, features two games on each of three match days. Beginning on Nov. 30, the U.S. faces Portugal (7 p.m. ET), then plays the Turkey on Dec. 2 (7 p.m. ET) and finishes the competition against Brazil on Dec. 4 (5 p.m. ET). All of the USA’s games will serve as the feature match of the evening, following the opening international match at 3 p.m. ET. All Nike Friendlies and six select Development Academy matches will be broadcast live on ussoccer.com U.S. Soccer’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.

2016 Nike International Friendlies Schedule

Wednesday, Nov. 30
Brazil vs. Turkey – 3:30 p.m. ET
USA vs. Portugal – 7 p.m. ET

Friday, Dec. 2
Portugal vs. Brazil – 3:30 p.m. ET
USA vs. Turkey – 7 p.m. ET

Sunday, Dec. 4
Turkey vs. Portugal – 1:30 p.m. ET
USA vs. Brazil – 5 p.m. ET

Brazil has been an ever-present at the Nike Friendlies since 2006, last winning the competition in 2014. Portugal last competed in the Nike Friendlies in 2013, while Turkey returns to the competition for the first time since 2012, the last year the Nike Friendlies featured all the same contestants as this year’s tournament.

The Nike Friendlies were established in 2001 by U.S. Soccer to provide top-level competition for the U.S. U-17 MNT and is one of the premier annual events on the youth soccer calendar.

Benfica, Ajax, and PSG. Not bad.

Wish there were more than 3 European clubs next to those names though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom