This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing that always gave dude the edge over Alaba to me when it was a debate is that dude does it on a consistent basis for the Selecao as well. He's often Brazil's best player on the pitch when it's not Neymar or one of their star attackers.

He's had some of the best peformances by a FB I've ever seen,how many FB's can you say can take over a game like that?

According to l'equipe Man U has a verbal agreement with Aurrier

Hmm not my first choice.

He'd be more than a solid replacement for Darmian,Valencia is still around and is gonna be the likely 1st choice next season

Last edited:
Thing that always gave dude the edge over Alaba to me when it was a debate is that dude does it on a consistent basis for the Selecao as well. He's often Brazil's best player on the pitch when it's not Neymar or one of their star attackers.

He's had some of the best peformances by a FB I've ever seen,how many FB's can you say can take over a game like that?
He'd be more than a solid replacement for Darmian,Valencia is still around and is gonna be the likely 1st choice next season

Aurrier is a LB correct? I'd be down for him at left and Valencia at right. Still wanted Mendy. This might mean he's going g to City.

Last edited:
Mou wants to sign Aurier this summer? :nerd:

How's he been this season PRIME PRIME ?

Didn't he have beef with Ibra at P$G?

He hasn't been getting as much play time with Meunier taking his spot this season.

But dude is still a beast. His work rate and ability to whip crosses from either side of the FB positions will make him a good pickup.

He definitely had beef with Ibra though :lol:

It sounds like he's agreed and the deal is all but done. If united sign Griezmann and Serge that's a good look. I'm assuming he's coming in to take Luke Shaw's spot

If Mou can keep him in check and help him mature, dude can and will be a beast in the Prem. He's legit built for the league

Not sure why Mou would bring in an Ibra nemesis unless he's on his way out this summer...:nerd:

Does he play in Shaw's position often?

Dude has a negative rep right now,gotta be why his rumored fee is so cheap (25m). Thinking the french speaking contingent on the squad as well as his fellow Ivorian Bailly would help keep his head in a good place

Can't wait for Monaco - Dortmund part 2,I expect BVB to come out firing now that they've had some time to kinda move past last weeks crazy events. Still expecting Monaco to advance but also expecting another goalfest

Last edited:
Would dude even want to come to Enlgand?
laugh.gif
it might not be his choice. i don't see him leaving but he's fallen out of favor with enrique...it all depends on our new manager. 

I never thought Marcelo would progress so much. People used to criticize him the same way we criticize Danilo now. He was always liable for a dumb play. Now I can argue that he's as important to the lineup as anybody else

I think Barca can pull off the comeback again. I expect at least 1-2 controversial calls against Juve #LaUEFA

BVB/Monaco will be another goalfest. Dortmund advances

I think Barca can pull off the comeback again. I expect at least 1-2 controversial calls against Juve #LaUEFA

BVB/Monaco will be another goalfest. Dortmund advances
I think that ship has sailed for us when we lost the first leg. Monaco seems far too strong at home for us to beat them by two goals, even with Reus back. Given all the circumstances around last week it's okay for me if we go out at this stage. But of course there's still hope.

Can we agree that Argentina > Portugal talent wise

And France > Chile talentwise

And overall as a tournament Euro > Copa

Yet

03ffd8eb60cf0fbcb17b750cf396df0eda514af0.jpg

images

What Goatnaldo's teammates had to say about him:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...euro-2016-final-portugal-france-a7130611.html

Y'all want to praise Messi for being on one of the greatest Barcalona teams winning CLs

But y'all don't want to praise Cristiano when he gets injured in a final but his team still wins the Euro cup

Funny how that works

Last edited:
I never thought Marcelo would progress so much. People used to criticize him the same way we criticize Danilo now. He was always liable for a dumb play. Now I can argue that he's as important to the lineup as anybody else

It really was crazy yesterday the best attacking threat on the field was an outside back. Dudes on ball footwork is exceptional and it has def grown. Earlier when he wasn't as precise he would turn it over in bad spots. There were still two instances yesterday when he had the ball and was dribbling 2 Bayern players in his own end...and pulled it off. There isn't a lot of room for error when you are a defender doing this so when he does turn it over its usually a bigger deal then when say ronaldo has a sloppy touch up

He hasn't been getting as much play time with Meunier taking his spot this season.

But dude is still a beast. His work rate and ability to whip crosses from either side of the FB positions will make him a good pickup.

It sounds like he's agreed and the deal is all but done. If united sign Griezmann and Serge that's a good look. I'm assuming he's coming in to take Luke Shaw's spot

If Mou can keep him in check and help him mature, dude can and will be a beast in the Prem. He's legit built for the league

Shaw is LB
Serge is RB

I think the whole Messi vs Ronaldo argument is somewhat ridiculous. They're clearly both among the best there ever were.

When I saw Messi play for the first time, it was probably the biggest talent I had ever seen since the early days of  Ronaldo (the real one). That he was able to maintain that level for such a long time is astounding. Also, he isn't just in it for himself, he also makes his team mates shine. When I saw Ronaldo play for the first time, I told the friend I watched the game with, who is a passionate United supporter, that he was never going to make it given the way he played. I still stand by that! (Obviously I don't, I was wrong.)  He took whatever talent he had and worked on himself to become the best. He is still all about himself, often ignoring the "easy" option in order to go for whatever will secure him glory and success. He's turned himself into a goal-scoring self-promotion machine, accompanied by lots of theatrics.

So basically, the choice comes down to

a) Your individual understanding of what makes football great: appreciating the beauty of the game or being as successful as possible at any cost

b) preference of their clubs/national teams

Also D10S is the best player there ever was, so end of discussion! 
wink.gif

It really was crazy yesterday the best attacking threat on the field was an outside back. Dudes on ball footwork is exceptional and it has def grown. Earlier when he wasn't as precise he would turn it over in bad spots. There were still two instances yesterday when he had the ball and was dribbling 2 Bayern players in his own end...and pulled it off. There isn't a lot of room for error when you are a defender doing this so when he does turn it over its usually a bigger deal then when say ronaldo has a sloppy touch up
I was impressed by Marcelo yesterday. I think at his best, he's probably stronger than Alaba. But Alaba is the more consistently great player IMO.

Fullbacks usually cant swap positions either as some of you think. Not everyone can be wrong footed on the flanks and be as effective as lets say Azpilicueta or the Evra of old. Especially Aurier with crossing as one of his best assets going forward, he would have to take Valencia's spot.

*edit I think I got Evra's dominant foot wrong :lol:

Last edited:
Even more ridiculous is the argument that Messi should go to the EPL. I hate Barca but they're a top club in the world and he's dominating. What else could he do? When CR transfered to RM he made a move up. A move to the EPL is a step down.

Shaw is LB
Serge is RB

Serge plays both sides of the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom