This is NOT a good SIGN for JB

these pack's are all over my area. i think people are just getting tired of the

whole package idea. i know i am

Two simple points:

1. NO...the DMP 7's did not sell out everywhere

2. YES...the DMP 7's sold better in one day than anything without a Jumpman in the athletic shoe market not called Yeezy (or however you spell it) orEggplant Foamposite this year...

Jordan Brand has high standards to live up to, you can't beat 100% first-day liquidation...selling out the first day just isn't going to happy in 2009outside of the XI's...

Jordan Brand recently passed the $1 Billion mark in sales...so...hmmmm...not hurting...good try though guys...
wink.gif

JM

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by MrWavez

as a matter a fact....i hope these go on sale...cuz i aint got the funds to cop em right now...gonna have to wait till mid september or october....either way tho...im coppin

Exactly. When you're able to say that you can wait a certain amount of time to cop a jordan retro shoe and feel comfortable saying it, it only means that the company is hurting. They have released some of the SJ XI's to the hypebeasts so sales can sky rocket on release day, because they need it. If they end up releasing the concords soon, this will prove my theory. I wouldn't hate them for it though.

honestly they are surviving quite fine. just because it doesnt sell in ur area or on the website doesnt mean it's not sellin well

Jordan is not worried for 4 reasons:

1. many have explained this point already.. Jordan, like ANY brand, are paid from retailers- not from the consumer. if eastbay didn't sell ANY packs,Jordan already got paid. what's doing bad is retail altogether, cuz the economy is bad.

2. Jordan is essentially a sports footwear brand. even if the booming mainstream culture of sneakers drastically dies out within the next 5-10 years,basketball as a sport still exists. meaning ppl want something to ball in. think outside the box, regular everyday kids love playing sports and if they see asneaker they like and its fit or ballin, parents are gonna buy it.

3. retroes... period.

4. Jordan can continuously put out a %%!$$% looking shoes made of %%!$$% material (saving them cost) but they just need 1 SINGLE PERSON on NT or Hypebeast tosay "here's a Jordan coming out, these are dope" and 85% of sneakerheads are like "1st... OMG OMG OMG I NEED IT... INSTA-COP"

Those are well thought assumptions but non of them fit, like a bad shoe. I'm not against JB, I'm just keeping things realistic. Also, hypotheticallytyping. Worst case scenario if you will.

Response to 1. What happens if at some point in the future, retailers don't want JB products because of such decline in sales? Do you think they will stillwant the products? Will JB maintain those numbers they consistently attain?

Response to 2. Let's say the sneaker game dies in a few years, with all the crappy products JB is currently putting out (material wise), do you thinkpeople will buy despite it not being up to par performance wise?

Response to 3. Retro shoes will only go so far. Chuck Taylors are still sold, do they sell like they did back in the 60's and 70'? No. Only reason theystill sell at all is because Nike owns Converse.

Response to 4. Hype only attracts kids and simple individuals. You would need a CONSISTENCY of hype, I'm talking about one after the next after the nextafter the next for a shoe to sell if it gets really bad for JB. Plus a lot of the hype is about shoes that have seen hype before, so JB preys on this. It wouldbe like running through a gauntlet and hoping for the best.

A lot of people on NT and sneaker heads everywhere know what they want and don't need hype to make them give in. Corporations are always changing theirplan around to save money. Intentionally looking away when a good thing is already good. A huge company I worked for did this and now they are losing a lot ofcustomers. It's a bad omen.

Yeah... I think this year is going to be a real wakeup call for JB, at least in terms of this whole pack idea. Its hard not to notice that pretty much everyrelease this year has sat on shelves. Of course they will chalk some of it up to the economy (rightfully so). But I think they realize there's more to itthan that.

Next year they should get back on point with their releases, and hopefully only single releases - no packs!

Good, thier Prices for them is Dumb
And the material is so-so
I miss the days when you can just buy one pair of shoes and be happy, not worrying about selling the other pair

Originally Posted by gentry187

Originally Posted by Lynell

The moment JB begins to GR every Jordan in OG colorways with "Nike Air" is the day the shoe game dies.

If that's what the show game is all about then you must be new to the game. Back then before all this limited crap we had nothing but GR. Not to mention quality and colorways worth wearing. The true shoe game is dying due to all of this limited, QS, packs, and low quality crap.

For collectors that value their possessions, they do not like it when an item they own is re-released in a fashion that is completely identical. You won'tfind a first edition trading card printed again. Jordan Brand is following that same path for all of the collectors out there. If you like to wear your kicksto break necks or match an outfit, who gives a - if the Jumpman is flipped, doesn't feature "Nike Air", or features other slight changes? Notthem, obviously as these products sell fairly quickly.

So for all the true collectors out there, Nike is doing them a favor by increasing the lure and value of what they own.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Yeah... I think this year is going to be a real wakeup call for JB, at least in terms of this whole pack idea. Its hard not to notice that pretty much every release this year has sat on shelves. Of course they will chalk some of it up to the economy (rightfully so). But I think they realize there's more to it than that.

Next year they should get back on point with their releases, and hopefully only single releases - no packs!

Not that they put out packs, but that they're $310. If they were to sell them for a reasonable price or at least throw in 2 great colorways, peoplewouldn't complain.

wow... ive read some real uneducated responses in here. do you guys honestly think that if something doesnt sell that nike/JB doesnt care n it doesnt hurtthem? of course its the retail end that is hurt immediately, but when those stores dont sell, you think they will continue to buy JB in bulk amounts like theydid for the pairs that didnt sell? no, they will decrease their purchase amount in the future and that is where JB will hurt. it may not hurt JB on release dayif they dont sell, but you better believe they will lose money in the end.
and no, im sure they arent hurting. they build shoes that average a cost between $7-15 and sell em for $125-175. they are making a fortune either way. justfigure the profit margin

"and no, im sure they arent hurting. they build shoes that average a cost between $7-15 and sell em for $125-175. they are making a fortune either way.just figure the profit margin"

That isn't totally true...JB doesnt' retail the shoes for $310....the retailer does. Cost to a retailer is typically around 50% of the suggested retailprice....which means if JB puts out a $310 pack....cost for FTL to purchase is around $155 -#%@ give or take including shipping. THere are also several stepsalong the way that make these "windfall profits" seem alot less crazy.

I'm not defending the whole process...it's just that most people do not understand the retail supply chain.

just release the damn true blue III in the us... tke off that smiley from the b/red xii....
release the vi infrared in the right colorway...

and we back on track for now at least 4 now
wink.gif

and dont f up the white/red xii.... sj seems to b on point already...

The 2 pack garbage deal needs to stop. I hate how the company makes you purchase something you don't want. And that Gentry guy is so full of crap. Iremember him saying last year in a youtube video that 2008 was going to be the last year of retroes. The brand was going to focus on their new line and maybein a few years bring back the retroes. The guy sounds like a complete moron when he talks. I feel the brand should have never expanded the way they did, backin the 80's early 90's watching the jumpman on someone kicks meant they had dropped some serious cash on thier shoes. Then they released the jumpmanseries and pretty much watered down the brand. They needed to keep the company small and exclusive. I understand growth over the years but what the brand hasbecome is truly garbage. Paint chipping off your shoes after a few wears?! C'mon! At least the originals were sturdy and lasted longer if properly stored.

jordan should have less releases and think more about what they release cause alot of crap is coming out latley too! (and i've been collecting J's for17 years now...)

Back
Top Bottom