This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Why is there no movie about Revelations in the bible....it would be
eek.gif
sick.gif
 Hit up Mel Gibson
This. Would put Avatar to shame.

Someone at my school was talkin about this today. If the Bible was written by man, there wouldnt be a law about sex before marriage
laugh.gif

Someone at my school was talkin about this today. If the Bible was written by man, there wouldnt be a law about sex before marriage
laugh.gif

i dont think the %#*#% of babylon was literally a woman.

ive heard it was supposed to be a country

ive even read that it was the catholic church or the vatican

Originally Posted by Kramer

laugh.gif
so the sequence of the laws tells us something about the authors priorities......look at 

10-commandments-explained.jpg

Jealous, selfish God indeed. If I were an omnipotent being, human life would be worthless as well.

laugh.gif
so the sequence of the laws tells us something about the authors priorities......look at 

10-commandments-explained.jpg

Jealous, selfish God indeed. If I were an omnipotent being, human life would be worthless as well.

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

Symbolism FTW? 
eyes.gif

Leave it to everyone to "interpret" the bible. 
roll.gif

I guess the part of 

"'And the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her will see the smoke from the fire that burns her, and they will weep and mourn over her.'"

is apart of a nation too?

Symbolism FTW? 
eyes.gif

roll.gif

I guess the part of 

"'And the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her will see the smoke from the fire that burns her, and they will weep and mourn over her.'"

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Symbolism FTW? 
eyes.gif

roll.gif

I guess the part of 

I know right, everybody plays the "it's symbolic" card when they realize how utterly disgusting some of the $%%$  in religious texts are. You not supposed to take it literally my ***
eyes.gif
 Meanwhile they pick and choose what they like to take literally as long as its to their benefit.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Symbolism FTW? 
eyes.gif

roll.gif

I guess the part of 

I know right, everybody plays the "it's symbolic" card when they realize how utterly disgusting some of the $%%$  in religious texts are. You not supposed to take it literally my ***
eyes.gif
 Meanwhile they pick and choose what they like to take literally as long as its to their benefit.

laugh.gif

There's a word for that. I forgot it, but it means to project things onto others things you see in yourself. The whole idea behind the higher power concept is that there's also supposed to be a higher train of thought and stuff.... Like Superman (or even Dr. Manhattan in a way). But you seem to think God is more like Zeus and his counsel. I don't... but why would I, I'm a twentysomething, westernized, modernized fellow. So whatever... it's all opinion until we die and discover otherwise.  I see your point though, I just don't agree with it... as usual
grin.gif

But anyway,  I'm not about to turn this into one of those things where 70306275 other NTers quote me and ask me to defend ALL of religion on ALL counts.  

eyes.gif
Sucks doesn't it? But that's just how people are...

laugh.gif

There's a word for that. I forgot it, but it means to project things onto others things you see in yourself. The whole idea behind the higher power concept is that there's also supposed to be a higher train of thought and stuff.... Like Superman (or even Dr. Manhattan in a way). But you seem to think God is more like Zeus and his counsel. I don't... but why would I, I'm a twentysomething, westernized, modernized fellow. So whatever... it's all opinion until we die and discover otherwise.  I see your point though, I just don't agree with it... as usual
grin.gif

But anyway,  I'm not about to turn this into one of those things where 70306275 other NTers quote me and ask me to defend ALL of religion on ALL counts.  

eyes.gif
Sucks doesn't it? But that's just how people are...

eek.gif
sick.gif

Back when I went to bible study and Sunday school. Our teacher told us that Revelations is one of the scariest books you would ever read.
Stuff is frightening, a movie would be awesome though. Hit up Mel Gibson

edit
actually come to think of it there already are movies kinda like that.
Check out the Left Behind series.
starring that dude from Growing Pains 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I was shown that crap when I was in elementary school. No child, or person of any age rather, should be subjected to that kind of fearmongering.

eek.gif
sick.gif

Back when I went to bible study and Sunday school. Our teacher told us that Revelations is one of the scariest books you would ever read.
Stuff is frightening, a movie would be awesome though. Hit up Mel Gibson

edit
actually come to think of it there already are movies kinda like that.
Check out the Left Behind series.
starring that dude from Growing Pains 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

I was shown that crap when I was in elementary school. No child, or person of any age rather, should be subjected to that kind of fearmongering.

lol yeah that guy.
I thought the books were pretty cool when I read them in elementary.

lol yeah that guy.
I thought the books were pretty cool when I read them in elementary.

Back
Top Bottom