THIS MAKES ME SO MAD!!! Vol. I just got mind humped. SMH

:smh:

Thats why I'm a designer. I can't think with imaginary numbers and ****.

Got me mad at myself for not being able to figure it out.

There is no missing dollar. You can't add them together that way. $97 (the right price), plus the $1 you kept, plus the two $1's each mom and dad got, equals $100.

Last edited:
there is no missing dollar, the 50/50 has nothing to do with how much you payed for the shirt. after paying your parents back $2 you still owe them $98 which adds up to 100. 

think of it this way, what ever you pay back to your parents takes away from how much you owe them.

if the shirt cost 95, and you payed them back 2 dollars each then it would be 48+48 for 96, 96+1=97, but where did the other 3 dollars go????

only thing tricky about this is how they worded it 

The last line is the twist.

It should be -1, not +1 (You are tallying up how much of each person's money went into the shirt)

When you -1, it's 97.

The $3 change fits right in there.

I don't know, ask the hypebeast kids who bought the Kanye x APC "Hip hop" shirt. I'm sure they used that method and have the answer.

wtf? this is dumb.

you gave your dad $1, your mom $1 and kept one. okay...that's $97 + 3 extra.

so if you give your dad $49 + the $1 he already has and your mom $49 + the $1 she already has then that's $100.

obviously you have an extra dollar because 97 isn't an even number. if you split it in half you should have really gotten $48.5 from each parent.

you got $1.50 more than you should have from each parent therefore when you give them the $50 back you have the extra $.50 from each of them which is your extra dollar.

Last edited:
Whenever I see someone post or share something like this on FB, I immediately hide all of their posts from my timeline.

Last edited:
hard to explain but the last line throws you off. 

its okay OP, you'll get by with your looks 
indifferent.gif

I bet the person that came up with this problem was high as s***.  Look at the amount you owe your parents as a negative number (-100) and the left over change as a positive number (+3), all you can do is add them, which is paying down your debt.  The only way that negative number (-100) is getting higher is if you borrow more money...

Can't figure it out but I take solace in the fact that if someone is borrowing 100 dollars from their parents for a shirt then they are already doing it wrong so it's irrelevant if they can do the math or not

Can't figure it out but I take solace in the fact that if someone is borrowing 100 dollars from their parents for a shirt then they are already doing it wrong so it's irrelevant if they can do the math or not​

:lol:

The wording is dumb
$3 in change...you really borrowed $48.50 from each parent...and a surplus of $1.50 each. So you pay them each back their dollar and they have $49.50....and you have $1 left in surplus....then you still owe each parent 50 more cents....

You now have a $97 t-shirt...which isn't as cool as The Hip Hop T-shirt by APC x Kanye....so you lose...you should have borrowed more...the more you borrow the cooler you are....that is the real equation

Back
Top Bottom