This retro model > the OG's

Everything in this thread makes me shake my head, from the 17's OP to the ridiculous 12's comment.

I disagree. The leather on the OGs was super soft and smooth like dress shoe leather. The Suede used on the CDPs was terrible and while I dont usually complain about little things like glue stains that stainage on these was out of control. I think the use of suede made the glue stains much more visible but overall I was very disappointed in these shoes. IMO If they had just used durabuck these would have been great.

They both look good imo. But i'll say leather cause of what happened to mine lol. Wore them otw to a bball game in HS and there was gum or something by the foot heater that ended up melting allover the toe. Still trying to figure out how to get it out lol
nerd.gif

Nah the OG are way cleaner. They had that nice leather. It wasn't tumbled. But it nice and porous. Like if you looked carefully it looked like someone poked it with a needle tip all over. I liked that leather it was different.

Yeah, the leather used on these was phenomenal. I know Jordan Brand was using some extra high quality and Italian leathers for their short lived "TWO3" line of dress shoes circa 2001 and I would say this leather was of the same grade.

That ashy material is the worst I've ever laid eyes on.
this.

da OG's were tanks..that asy larry suede on da CDP pairs looked like a dirty carpet after a few folks wore em around em, i never wore my pair cuz of that.

da kids sizes were actually DURABUCK, and THAT > OG's...

Not always. Like on the 5s, the leather is paper thin, and the tongue section below the mesh is leather, so it isnt flexible and makes the mesh crinkle up. Altitude XIII retro is junk, ruined the shoe with the new 3m design. Bred XIII and flint XIII most current version... not even going to go there with the lack of 3m. The pre creasing, the cheap paint, the B-grades getting pushed through (havent seen many b-grades hit outlets, besides what doesnt sell). Come on JB... I order 3 pairs of bred XI's, one of your most expensive quality shoes and there are gouges on the patent on the 2 pairs, and glue all over the patent leather.

Anyways, 

nah
I've always had a liking more for the CDP 17's than the OG"s.
Prefer the suede/nubuck/durabuck..whatever the hell it is treatment > the leather.

Who else is with me!.....

VS

]

this.

da OG's were tanks..that asy larry suede on da CDP pairs looked like a dirty carpet after a few folks wore em around em, i never wore my pair cuz of that.

da kids sizes were actually DURABUCK, and THAT > OG's...
This foo hell* funny hahahah you kill be nh wit dat ashy larry ish

Last edited:
Never liked the XVIIs and when I bought the CDP package, I sold my pair with a quickness and kept the Carmines.

But to respond, the CDP version is inded better

I disagree. The leather on the OGs was super soft and smooth like dress shoe leather. The Suede used on the CDPs was terrible and while I dont usually complain about little things like glue stains that stainage on these was out of control. I think the use of suede made the glue stains much more visible but overall I was very disappointed in these shoes. IMO If they had just used durabuck these would have been great.

Seconded. The 'ashy larry' suede was just terrible on these. Do you guys even remember how incredible the leather on the OG pair was?

CDP carried a couple of gems. I've beaten my XVIII's to the ground. Very dope retro colorway.........

And 09 flu games XII's shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as OG Black/red XII's

Im usually a fan of suede, nubuck, or durabuck over leather on black shoes, but in this case I mess with the OG XVII's more. I always thought they looked real clean with the black leather ( minus the terrible creasing :lol: ).

Leather on the black / red XII's is a given too :nthat:

Last edited:
I have the og 17 in black/silver and i agree that the nubuck/suede upper looks better than the smooth leather look.

Back
Top Bottom