Thoughts on GS Size sneakers retailing nearly the same as Adult sizes.. Vol. $180 for GS sizes..LMFA

Im done with Nike. Their quality keeps dropping and their prices keep rising.

The recent FP1 retro.... if you can even call it that was the straw that completely broke the camels back. The shoes they're releasing today literally look worse than fakes.

$180 for some cheaply made kids shoes that they'll outgrow in 6 months is absurd; but if people pay it why would Nike charge less ?

Im curious to see how long this will last.... Nike cant keep selling people the same old faux limited crap in new colors forever. With this beanie baby business model they're bound to burn out soon.

I miss pre 2007, seems like I got out at the best time. I too wonder how long they'll be able to keep this up.

This younger generation of sneakerheads don't seem to mind putting the money up for the low quality they're getting.

Last edited:
I aint eem mad at em tho. When I was growing up I had all the fresh kicks. My pops copped me all the jordans, peppers etc. But one thing I can say is I played in mines. I got a pair of old space jams at my gma house that got a big hole in the sole. These dudes not even gon hoop in them kicks, might not even wear em

I don't really check for releases unless theres money to be made

All my money goes to the outlets for kicks at this point 

I was facing the same issue today. Took my nephew out and we visit a couple sneaker spots...see kids jordan sneakers for ridiculous prices....had to break the kid's heart and say it was out of budget.

These days do yourself and your kids a favor...cop some asics or new balances. Maybe save up for that one pair they've wanted for a while and call it a day. kid's shoe sizes change quickly so it's really not a wise buy given that they might outgrow $100+ sneakers in a relatively short time.

Now they release kids for $180 and bump mens to $250
sick.gif
Jesus Christ. 
sick.gif

It's so sad that it is funny! LMFAO @ $180 and the thought of a Pre School size shoe being $115...LMFAO

When did this first start happening? I can't believe someone would pay that amount if the person wearing them is going to outgrow them.

When I have kids I'm going to do everything possible to make sure my kids are no where near as materialistic as I was/am. I plan on teaching them not to pay full price for anything if they can help it.

I love sneakers but the prices are getting rediculous. That's why all I buy are old releases I couldn't get back in the day. All these new kicks ppl breaking there necks to get on release date. I wait a few years and cop at a steal from eBay or Craig's list. I got a pair of 08 Aqua 8's ds for $150 and sold them on eBay after wearing them 6 months for $325...

They charge it, people pay it, they'll continue to charge it. Don't see the complexity in the situation

Nike is about to fall off. They're feeling themselves too much nowadays, and once the price point gets too high for their customers to afford, it'll be over for them.

Adidas is creeping up... LMFAOOO

Last edited:
My kid will have nice shoes cause lawd knows his daddy loved them growing up, but if i feel like S!!! paying $180 for shoes my size that i can wear the rest of my life, but ill be damned if ima pay that for shoes he/she gonna outgrow in 6 months.

Nike really rubbing me the wrong way.

Nike is about to fall off. They're feeling themselves too much nowadays, and once the price point gets too high for their customers to afford, it'll be over for them.

Adidas is creeping up... LMFAOOO
I honestly never see this happening

When I have kids I'm going to do everything possible to make sure my kids are no where near as materialistic as I was/am. I plan on teaching them not to pay full price for anything if they can help it.

Pick and chose your battles. Whether its clothes, shoes, video games, toys, etc..., kids are always gonna "want" just like we as adults do. I try and keep aware of what messages I send with my purchases and granted, some things I do better than others. Same cars for 7-8 years(paid for). Same house for 10 years or so( reasonable payment), same computer for 5-6 years(piece of * but still works) so no need to buy a new one until it dies. ON the other hand, way too many sneakers of all sorts, I like certain brands for clothes because I know how they fit and certain quality. That being said, I am just as happy to buy my kids some cheap a%$ discount shoes@ Kohls or Target as I am a pair of Nikes or Jordans. They have their one or two pair of "gameday" nice shoes but know they darn well better take care of em. Only name brand stuff they get clothes wise is usually pretty heavily discounted or hand me downs. Kids gotta understand, they may be fortunate to have some nice things, but those things don't mean a damb or make them who they are as people. Focus on achieving high in school, being good examples, and generally being a positive addition to whatever groups they are a part of and things will generally work for the best. Most kids are spoiled on some level today. Its our job as parents to make sure they recognize how fortunate they are and not become entitled, complacent, and utterly dependent.

I don't know about falling off but I think at some point alot of people draw the line.

It may be moreso due to the recent releases being silly colorways but I can go into alot of local shoe stores and find every general release foamposite from the past few months as far back as the weathermans still sitting on shelves. I've noticed this in a few different cities so it isn't just a region thing.

Perhaps its moreso due to the colorways but $250 is alot to be spending on a pair of sneakers and I think that price makes some people pass who would be willing to cop at $190 or $200.

Perhaps if a more desirable pair of foams came out like the royals, they would sell out easily at $250 but personally I think that while they would eventually sell out, they would take longer then normal to sell out due to the price.

I'm curious as to how the kids foams sell though. If they don't sell well, I could eventually see nike scrapping them.

It's really not that complicated. My kids are gonna get a standard pair of sneakers and running shoes each year; they'll have to get a job and spend their own money on unnecessarily expensive crap just like I did (and still do sometimes :smh: :lol: ) unless it's a birthday or christmas or something. Not gonna have them turn into those spoiled toddlers who hit up sneaker conventions

Last edited:
Those who pay those prices are idiots. Kids are going through puberty so they won't be consistently wearing the same shoe size for long periods of time unlike an adult. That means a parent/legal guardian could pay $180 + tax for shoes that a child could wear for a couple of months and then grow out of it.

When did this first start happening? I can't believe someone would pay that amount if the person wearing them is going to outgrow them.
Gradually over the years. I first noticed it in, I want to say '08 or so. Seeing kids sizes on the shelf with SRP of $110. I was like whut? 3.5Y is $110??? I remember it wasn't far off from what my dad paid for me when I was younger and I was wearing a men's size. 

I have a similar train of thought for buying infant shoes. Why spend $50 for an infant shoe that they wear for a month or two and the babies don't even realize what the hell they'r wearing?

Nike def won't fall off, But they will lose some of their sales to other brands like Asics and Adidas. Nike will always be the most popular shoe brand, but I can see other brands growing in popularity 

Back
Top Bottom