Thoughts on Lupita Nyong'o being named "Most Beautiful Woman in the World?"

Yall fools that are legit upset need to get a grip on life. Beauty is subjective and people magazines requirements for this cover is which woman had the most successful year, has a buzz, and is pretty. Those things are all taken into account and she fits the description. Damn shame that this is the first time ever I've seen a public outcry over this cover

This was said 3-4 times already. Thanks though

Ya blowing up Nikki? Lol ABG with extensions. Ole girl this thread is about is just a darker her with long hair.

Yall fools that are legit upset need to get a grip on life. Beauty is subjective and people magazines requirements for this cover is which woman had the most successful year, has a buzz, and is pretty. Those things are all taken into account and she fits the description. Damn shame that this is the first time ever I've seen a public outcry over this cover
Repped! I just think her skin tone makes some uncomfortable when they think of "beauty". People talking about no woman should have a have a fade but let cassie or amber rose do some ish like that and it's :pimp: . .."make up your G-d damn mind" (diddy voice)

Yo, cats is in here talking bad about Lupita Nyongo, and hyping up Nicki Minaj as superior.

As a Black man that **** hurts my soul :smh:

We gotta start loving ourselves, ya'll.

Yo, cats is in here talking bad about Lupita Nyongo, and hyping up Nicki Minaj as superior.

As a Black man that **** hurts my soul
mean.gif

Honestly we're our own worst enemy. I just don't get it ..

Most beatiful person is almost always a pr thing for people who had big years and less about beauty.

She is pretty, but the black women I know ride her so hard just cause she's black, it's def annoying

do y'all just purposely make everything an extreme? like really is it that hard to not

make everything into an extreme. Nicki is prettier than Luptia to me but it's just because

that's my personal preference. i like some dark skin chicks more than Nicki. just because

you think a certain lighter chick looks better than Lupita you're self hating? stop man. just

stop. self hatred exists and many Blacks fall victim to it, but just because you would rather

smash Nicki than Lupita or even think Lupita isn't all that, but Nicki is that doesn't mean you

hate your skin.

The only reason I'm bothered by this "nicki > lupita" thing is because nicki minaj Onika Tanya Maraj is nothing but surgery. Though lupita is not my type, I would CERTAINLY choose a natural woman over a plastic toy any day of the week.

I'd really like to know how one can look at Lupta's face, then look at Nicki's face, and decide Nicki's is prettier.

dawg...................how do NTers struggle so much w/ the concept of personal preference?

you can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER look at things through anyone's

eyes but your own. what part of that concept are you struggling w/ exactly?

I'd really like to know how one can look at Lupta's face, then look at Nicki's face, and decide Nicki's is prettier.

dawg...................how do NTers struggle so much w/ the concept of personal preference?

you can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER look at things through anyone's

eyes but your own. what part of that concept are you struggling w/ exactly?

A person can definitely describe what their preference is based in, though.

Ask me what I prefer in any subject, and I can tell you why I prefer it.

To be real, this is akin to Obama winning the presidency to me. I support it for the positive reinforcement that it gives young black youth to believe in themselves and be seen as having value or worth in our society.

Back
Top Bottom