Thoughts on wearing different athletic brands at the same time (ex: Nike kicks with adidas pants)?

Do you care about mixing athletic brands of clothing (i.e. Nike w/ adidas, adidas w/ ASICS, etc.)?

• Yes, mixing brands is weird/corny.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No, it's fine to mix brands.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
This is clearly a generational thing. I personally would never mix certain brands, but this new generation doesn't appear to have any issue doing the opposite.

It's a conscience thing with me. I like a flow. I've always been a Nike head so 90% of my lounge wear is Nike and 100% of my sneakers are Nike so it's a nice aesthetic. I'm not OD with the tech fleece top and bottom but I'll have a vintage Nike jacket with some Aqua 8's on and it just feels right.

evSpC0W.jpg
WTH :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't have anything against Nike x Adidas in one fit but this guy ripped his trainers :lol:

The ripped up jeans look already looks dumb but that guy took it to a different level with the adidas pants.

This is clearly a generational thing. I personally would never mix certain brands, but this new generation doesn't appear to have any issue doing the opposite.

I'm 34, work in an an environment with an extremely lax dress code, and wear Adidas soccer pants with Nikes, New Balances, Jordans, Vans, whatever almost every single day.

I wish I knew who this bothered so I could enjoy it.

You look like your mom still dresses you when you try so hard to match every brand...

I'm 34, work in an an environment with an extremely lax dress code, and wear Adidas soccer pants with Nikes, New Balances, Jordans, Vans, whatever almost every single day.

I wish I knew who this bothered so I could enjoy it.

You look like your mom still dresses you when you try so hard to match every brand...
Honestly I couldn't give two ****s how you dress. It's not a matter of being bothered, it's just something my generation didn't do that this current generation does. Keep wearing every name brand on the same day though my man, sounds like you're doing it big.

To me, it looks really bad when the separate articles of clothing have their motifs based around the brand logo

Dev Patel Committed the Cardinal Sin of Logo Mixing
Fall Trends
Dev Patel Committed the Cardinal Sin of Logo Mixing

BY
LIZA CORSILLO
4 hours ago
dev-patel-logos-no-no.jpg

Splash News
Does wearing Nike and Adidas together negate all good style moves? Especially when it looks good?

For 99.9% of the population, being photographed in workout gear isn't a thing. But if you're an internationally acclaimed movie star, stylish guy, and owner of one of the finest heads of hair on planet Earth like Dev Patel it comes with the celebrity territory. Patel can rock a white tux the way most men pull off a tee and makes jeans and sweaters look like the most exciting thing we've ever seen. So, it follows that he would also look damn good in his jogging fit. And he does, as he proved yesterday, with just one not-so-small problem.

Patel's white tee, Adidas track pants, and black Nike trainers are workout wardrobe pieces we stand by. They're inoffensive menswear essentials. However, there's a golden rule of logo mixing that Patel—knowingly or not—veered into headfirst: he wore Nike and Adidas gear at the same time.

ADVERTISING

Was he flagrantly defiant of the guidelines around swoosh-and-stripe mixing? Was he unaware the rule even exists? Does he even care either way? Does a man's loyalty to his favorite running shoe dictate the pants he must wear with it? In this logo-heavy era of menswear, these are the important questions. And here at GQ HQ, we're not all on the same page when it comes to the answers.

"Not wearing the two biggest sportswear brands' logos—Adidas's three stripes and Nike's Swoosh—in the same outfit seems like an easy to rule to follow. Would you put Mercedes Rims on your BMW?" —Jake Woolff, staff style writer and in-house sneaker expert

Others (i.e. this writer) don't understand why it's an issue at all, especially when Patel was on his way to work out, not hitting the red carpet of a film premiere. If we're talking style crimes, you could do far worse that putting two graphics in one fit (see: buttoning the second button of your blazer, or wearing a fedora hat in your Tinder profile photo). But if you don't want to upset the menswear gods or a whole bunch of hypebeasts on Twitter, it might be best to keep your athletic brand allegiances to the one

https://www.gq.com/story/dev-patel-logo-mixing-rule-breaker

Back
Top Bottom