Three Black Women Beaten By Group of White Males at UatAlbany

No, people were saying to wait for all the details to emerge. As you should always do in such matters. But the media will jump on any story involving race and violence, and then check the facts later, once everyone has formed their opinion.

Shut up.

I'm referencing the cats coming out after the fact talking bout they knew from the jump yet said nothing, thought that was spelled out pretty clearly in my last post tho.... Maybe you should actually read before you hit that reply button.

Shut up.

I'm referencing the cats coming out after the fact talking bout they knew from the jump yet said nothing, thought that was spelled out pretty clearly in my last post tho.... Maybe you should actually read before you hit that reply button.

I did read it. I interpreted it differently than your intent. So sue me.

They should have taken the L and just laid low on campus for a few days. The video was always going to tell the truth.

These girls did more harm than they think. If something actually happens that is racial, people are going to be hesitant to believe it without hard evidence. Given how this was made to seem like it was racially motivated, they likely created tension on campus that wasn't there bbefore or just very low key.

These defense lawyers will say anything despite overwhelming evidence:
Agudio's lawyer, Mark Mishler, said in February the charges were unwarranted.
"It is also unfortunate that some in the media and public appear to have reached a conclusion as to what occurred in this incident without actually having the information needed in order to reach such a conclusion," Misher said in the statement.

"Ms. Agudio, an exemplary young woman and an excellent student who has never previously been in legal trouble, asks that people not rush to judgment in this matter."

sick.gif
Just read the comments. These idiots don't understand the damage they do with **** like this, fuel for morons and bigots.
This is probably what irks me the most.

When people take serious issues and leverage them like this. Truly despicable.
sick.gif
mean.gif

UAlbany expels students indicted in hate crime hoax

The University at Albany has expelled two black female students and suspended a third after they were indicted for allegedly lying about being victims of a hate crime.

Ariel Agudio and Asha Burwell have been dismissed from the university and Alexis Briggs has been suspended for two years, according to an email sent to the school community Thursday by President Robert J. Jones, the Albany Times Union reported.

The women grabbed national headlines — and a sympathetic tweet from Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton — after claiming that a group of 12 to 20 white men hurled racial slurs and attacked them on a CDTA bus about 1 a.m. Jan. 30 while others stood by and did nothing.

The alleged incident sparked a large on-campus rally defending women of color and the social media campaign #DefendBlackGirlsUAlbany.

Police now say there is no evidence to back up their story and that the women were the actual aggressors, according to footage captured by cameras on the bus and by witnesses. The actual victim, police said, was a 19-year-old white woman who was also a bus passenger.

The three women were indicted this week by a grand jury and arraigned for 10 misdemeanor charges, including assault, attempted assault and false reporting, along with a violation for harassment, the Times Union reported. They have pleaded not guilty.

The three didn’t show up for their student conduct board hearing March 9, because their lawyers cited a conflict of interest in which UAlbany served as judge in the board hearings and witness in the criminal case, the Times Union reported.

Ms. Burwell’s lawyer Frederick Brewington noted that Ms. Burwell had already withdrawn from the university before she had been given a hearing and then dismissed, the Times Union reported.

Inspector Paul Burlingame of the University Police Department, a witness who testified at the hearing, said the real victims of the assault stayed mum during the media storm because they feared for their safety.

“One of the female victims,” Mr. Burlingame said, “withdrew out of concern for her physical safety.”

He said another student withdrew, “having been the target of threats made on social media because of the false reports made by (the women) of his having participated in an alleged hate crime,” the Times Union reported.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/6/university-at-albany-expels-students-indicted-in-h/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom