Three Sides to a Story> Stan> Meet the Parents

���

Now Jay and Em are 1 and 2 on my list but as far as story telling tracks go...imo this track is better than both stan and meet the parents....If you give it alisten and think otherwise please tell me why

I see where you coming from. This song is more creative and was executed perfectly.
Hov n Ems were executed perfectly aswelll, but this joint just edges them out due to
complexity...so yea. I gotta agree. ( Why do I feel like im blaspheming tho...)

Stan > Meet The Parents > 3 sides...

Stan wins for me simply because it actually feels more like a song than the other two as it has a legitimate chorus that doesn't feel like an afterthought,and breaks up the monotony of someone spitting for 5 minutes without ceasing.
Meet the Parents is better than 3 sides to me because Hov's flow is better, and the production is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than on 3 sides.
3 sides story is great...the story is on point, the beat...ehhhh. But honestly the reason I can't @@@$ with it as much as the other two is the story isjust too perverse for me...child molestation and all that.
sick.gif
Plus,joint goes on a little too long.

Originally Posted by atransta

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Undying Love >>>> all of the above mentioned
i was about to come here and say that.
Most overrated story track of all time. %@$% is not even that live.

Stan is better than that, Meet The Parents is better, I got a story to tell is better, #$#%!% bleed is better

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Please stop. Joe Budden fans continue to embarrass themselves week after week.
lol Jay and Em are both my favorite rappers but how can you say this after listening to the track....the story is amazing....but I guess justbecause its Em and Jay then Budden doesnt have a shot

Thank you sir for speaking the truth! Joey is a decent rapper but come on dude is overrated by a long shot!

Originally Posted by supervillain83

Thank you sir for speaking the truth! Joey is a decent rapper but come on dude is overrated by a long shot!
lol dudes are honestly buggin if they think joey is overrated.....dude is top 5 in the game easy

Thank you sir for speaking the truth! Joey is not even a good rapper and dude is overrated by a long shot!

check 1, check 2,

im a mcee who eats beats, someone call dre about to murder his beat, is there a dr to save dis track? no @!@%# i know im wack, but i still freestyle like i gotnutting to lose, and if lil wayne wanna battle than turn on the switch and watch him get his throat slit..
- eminem

some crazy freestyle from Em..

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

check 1, check 2,

im a mcee who eats beats, someone call dre about to murder his beat, is there a dr to save dis track? no @!@%# i know im wack, but i still freestyle like i got nutting to lose, and if lil wayne wanna battle than turn on the switch and watch him get his throat slit..
- eminem

some crazy freestyle from Em..

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by philly5fan

lol Jay and Em are both my favorite rappers but how can you say this after listening to the track....the story is amazing....but I guess just because its Em and Jay then Budden doesnt have a shot

Stan wins for me simply because it actually feels more like a song than the other two as it has a legitimate chorus that doesn't feel like an afterthought, and breaks up the monotony of someone spitting for 5 minutes without ceasing.
Meet the Parents is better than 3 sides to me because Hov's flow is better, and the production is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than on 3 sides.

QFT.

This is my first time hearing this Budden song. It's a cool song, but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being in the same category as Stan (same thing goes for Meetthe Parents). I'd put Lost Boyz' "Renee" ahead of this. "Three Sides to a Story" sounds more likea rapper telling a story where as in the previous songs mentioned, the story is being told THROUGH a rapper.

Best story songs imo:

1) Notorious B.I.G "I Got a Story to Tell"

2a & 2b) Lupe Fiasco "The Cool"/"The Coolest"

3) Nas "Rewind"

4) Eminem "Stan"

5) Notorious B.I.G "N****s Bleed"

Honorable Mentions:

*Ghostface Killah "All That I Got Is You", Outkast "The Art of Storytelling Pt. 2", Slick Rick"Children's Story"*

Originally Posted by SHERLOCK FOAMS

Originally Posted by philly5fan

lol Jay and Em are both my favorite rappers but how can you say this after listening to the track....the story is amazing....but I guess just because its Em and Jay then Budden doesnt have a shot

Stan wins for me simply because it actually feels more like a song than the other two as it has a legitimate chorus that doesn't feel like an afterthought, and breaks up the monotony of someone spitting for 5 minutes without ceasing.

QFT.

This is my first time hearing this Budden song. It's a cool song, but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being in the same category as Stan (same thing goes for Meet the Parents). I'd put Lost Boyz' "Renee" ahead of this. "Three Sides to a Story" sounds more like a rapper telling a story where as in the previous songs mentioned, the story is being told THROUGH a rapper.

Best story songs imo:

2a & 2b) Lupe Fiasco "The Cool"/"The Coolest"

3) Nas "Rewind"

4) Eminem "Stan"

5) Notorious B.I.G "N****s Bleed"

Honorable Mentions:

*Ghostface Killah "All That I Got Is You", Outkast "The Art of Storytelling Pt. 2", Slick Rick "Children's Story"*

How can you say that "three sides" sounds like hes telling a story when most of the track is in first person and he puts so much emotion into it...ifanything meet the parents is a track that displays a rapper telling a story rather than the story being told through the rapper

Originally Posted by SHERLOCK FOAMS

philly5fan wrote:

QFT.

This is my first time hearing this Budden song. It's a cool song, but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being in the same category as Stan (same thing goes for Meet the Parents). I'd put Lost Boyz' "Renee" ahead of this. "Three Sides to a Story" sounds more like a rapper telling a story where as in the previous songs mentioned, the story is being told THROUGH a rapper.

Best story song imo:

QFT. BIG was one of the greatest storytellers of all time...the other two...slick rick and Rakim

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

Please stop. Joe Budden fans continue to embarrass themselves

indifferent.gif

you dont have to like joey as a rapper, but dude is not overrated. Sure hes hyped on NT, but aside from NT no one was hypin joey. And hes morethan a decent rapper. Joey puts out better music than 99% of the garbage I hear on the radio or mixtapes nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom