Tinker Hatfield Doesn't Want Classic Jordans on Nike ID

Had the pleasure to attend Jordan Brands launch of the Air Jordan 2012 last week and aside from testing out the new shoe I got to speak to Tinker Hatfield for a few and ask him some questions we have all been dying to know. Unfortunately I couldn't get him to do a tap tap pull.

via SneakerWatch

he didn't say that. it was more like he doesn't know if a classic air jordan could be  on Nike ID. who makes that decision of what  jordan shoes goes on Nike ID by the way? it may be a stupid question to ask but I just want to know

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

but he allows Spike Lee and children to ruin his creations?

laugh.gif
 So true...those bordeaux spizikes that just released are HIDEOUS. 

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

laugh.gif

Im sure he wasn't talking about the Spizikes

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

laugh.gif

Im sure he wasn't talking about the Spizikes
I meant fusions in general, he allows.
the company is obviously MJs but he was a big part and they're all "inspired" by his creations.

I hope they never id retros, it just wouldnt feel right, and i think it would take away from the brand....

Originally Posted by Nikolee

I hope they never id retros, it just wouldnt feel right, and i think it would take away from the brand....

This!  Think about how many ghetto +%$ colorways of XIs would be floating around.

Originally Posted by Nikolee

I think it can be done just limit the options. Aka dont let us recreate classic retro colorways through the ID instead let us make only new original ideas. This will eliminate a need for the lame RETRO+ models we get and complain about.

No, classic Jordan's shouldn't be on ID. Although, Jordan Brand have IDed numerous awful Air Jordan 1's. Leroy Brown's anyone? LOL

good thing it's not up to him (if he even said that, i can't see vids at work).

i, personally, can't wait for all the retros to go through nikeid.

I think it would be really cool to see some Classic Jays on NikeID.
But then again... Im also one of the few members on this board who loves customized Air-Jordans. So take that for what its worth, Im not one of those guys who gets pissed and says anything non OG looks fake.

I would hate it if they released all 23 models at the same time, but if they released 1 or 2 models each year and made them somewhat limited like the AF1 ID,  I dont think it would really get played out. I mean... It would take 12-23 years to go through the whole line up.  
laugh.gif
(def never gonna happen this way though)

I could realistically see them doing a month by month ID release over the span of 2 years IE different materials each month on the AF1. Except this time it would be a different AJ model each month.

I dunno... just some random thoughts on the topic 
alien.gif

nerd.gif

doubt it, they wouldnt feel the need to release retros anymore if 1-23 were on ID, plus people could just make the colorways they always wanted, which might make some of the classic colorways lose appeal..

Only a select few retros should be allowed to be NikeID.

Such as maybe the 1 and 2, since people don't really wear those compared to the other lines.

IMO i think it will ruin the brand a little why go into retail stores when you can create and id version of the exact same shoe

I don't know how I feel about this. Party of me would love to be able to ID some 3's. But, at the same time I feel like it might take away from the sneaker.

Back
Top Bottom