Tips for Visiting Employee Store - Beaverton

Hi everyone! Mods, apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum. I will be visiting the Nike Employee Store in a few weeks and wanted to hear any tips from folks who have visited in the past. This is a "bucket list" activity for me - my wife surprised me with the plane tickets and pass for Xmas, and I want to make the most of the experience. Thanks in advance!

it can be hit or miss, so don't get your hopes up.

if you and your wife are using a single pass, make sure you have something that shows you guys are married like IDs with the same address or a bill. weekend mornings can be BUSY, so you if you don't like waiting in lines go on a week day.

other than that it has a layout that is similar to outlet. pretty straight forward.

1706292932242.gif

Same concept

it can be hit or miss, so don't get your hopes up.

if you and your wife are using a single pass, make sure you have something that shows you guys are married like IDs with the same address or a bill. weekend mornings can be BUSY, so you if you don't like waiting in lines go on a week day.

other than that it has a layout that is similar to outlet. pretty straight forward.
thanks! i've heard that everything is steeply discounted - is that still true?

40% for visitor, 50% if you're a black badge nike employee. they some times have additional discounts on products they're trying to get rid of, but personally have rarely seen that.

it used to be 50% for everyone until shattered backboards dropped and that changed alot of things.

if you're into adidas, they are more lax on letting people in. some times you'll get access via their adiclub, or honestly, just call ahead and see if they'll let you get a pass since you're in town.

No sales tax either.

Depending on how much you buy (and if you are tied to taking him shoe boxes) pay for two of the biggest checked bags you can find. Then you can put everything into those checked bags. Usually cheaper than having Nike ship them to your door.

1. Be prepared to be disappointed but pleasantly surprised. It is nice because you can get seasonal and upcoming season Nike products for 40% right now, but in reality, a lot of that product, if you are willing to wait can be had for even cheaper by going to an Outlet or Factory store in a month or so.

2. Go on a weekday if you can. You go on a weekend you might have to wait in a line.

3. Take your time. You can be in there until they close so don't feel like you are rushed.

4. Enjoy it. Not everyone gets a chance to visit so soak it up.

Actually received a pass to go in April. Looking forward to it!

No sales tax either.

Depending on how much you buy (and if you are tied to taking him shoe boxes) pay for two of the biggest checked bags you can find. Then you can put everything into those checked bags. Usually cheaper than having Nike ship them to your door.

1. Be prepared to be disappointed but pleasantly surprised. It is nice because you can get seasonal and upcoming season Nike products for 40% right now, but in reality, a lot of that product, if you are willing to wait can be had for even cheaper by going to an Outlet or Factory store in a month or so.

2. Go on a weekday if you can. You go on a weekend you might have to wait in a line.

3. Take your time. You can be in there until they close so don't feel like you are rushed.

4. Enjoy it. Not everyone gets a chance to visit so soak it up.
I asked about shipping a couple months back and they said they don’t do it anymore. Was dude lying to me? Haven’t asked since

I asked about shipping a couple months back and they said they don’t do it anymore. Was dude lying to me? Haven’t asked since

You mean directly from the Company Store? Might be. Last time I was at the CS they shipped all my items through FedEx but that was right before COVID. Been awhile so it might have changed.

You mean directly from the Company Store? Might be. Last time I was at the CS they shipped all my items through FedEx but that was right before COVID. Been awhile so it might have changed.
yeah the company store in beaverton.

Who da plug? Or what would I have eto do to get said pass? Know a Nike employee?
nike employee is the "easiest" way. there are clubs in oregon that offer passes if you join, oregon track club being one of them and i think AAA oregon does it as well. i don't know how access through those clubs work so DYOR

nike employee is the "easiest" way. there are clubs in oregon that offer passes if you join, oregon track club being one of them and i think AAA oregon does it as well. i don't know how access through those clubs work so DYOR
Do you recommend getting there early on a friday?

Do you recommend getting there early on a friday?
as far as a line, i doubt there will be much of a line on a friday. last time i went it was a friday, got there just after it opened and there were maybe 10-15 people waiting. i personally like to get their earlier to see if theres anything "good" and then also just grab some food afterwards. they do restock stuff throughout the day but i wouldn't stick around hoping for some heat to all of sudden be put out.

as far as a line, i doubt there will be much of a line on a friday. last time i went it was a friday, got there just after it opened and there were maybe 10-15 people waiting. i personally like to get their earlier to see if theres anything "good" and then also just grab some food afterwards. they do restock stuff throughout the day but i wouldn't stick around hoping for some heat to all of sudden be put out.
Definitely taking your advice on just going to experience it and not expecting to score big deals on heat lol.

Hoping to find some AM1s and running shoes/gear at a great price to bring back home.

I worked for the Nike outlet a few years ago during the holiday season and I had a trip to Portland and was SUPER excited to be able to go to the employee store...

As others have said, don't get your hopes up. The vast majority of things either already are, or will soon be, cheaper at outlets, even with the 50% discount. There isn't any special product there, either, so if you can have the patience to just get the stuff elsewhere, you'll be better off and not have to worry about trying to figure out how to bring back a bunch of new stuff in your bags. I think I only got one Ducks shirt just as a commemorative memory of the trip. adidas' employee store was similarly mundane.

The coolest part of the visit was just being on the Nike campus and seeing the buildings, as sad as that sounds. I'll save you the pictures with me in them haha.

1706804166072.png

Back
Top Bottom