Tips on preparing Thanksgiving meal vol. Chef reigndrop

Post tips on how to prepare certain dishes for Thanksgiving this year, including the turkey.

This year, I will shamelessly break all tradition and sous vide my turkey.  I will break apart the entire bird, sous vide the breasts and legs and use the bones to make a stock.  I will then use the stock to make my stuffing.  After my bird is cooked, then I'll put it under the broiler to get some color on it.

For those of you that prefer the traditional method of roasting heed some tips:

• Brine it in a salt water solution for a day
  • Put an herb butter underneath the skin to keep the breast moist
  • learn how to truss a turkey or any bird for that matter.  You want the legs to cover the breasts as much as possible because the breasts cook the fastest and are prone to drying out
And for the brave that have insurance on their houses, deep frying is pretty darn good, too.

If all else fails and the turkey is dry, wash it down with a cup of wine.

Post your tips and enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving NT.

Post tips on how to prepare certain dishes for Thanksgiving this year, including the turkey.

This year, I will shamelessly break all tradition and sous vide my turkey.  I will break apart the entire bird, sous vide the breasts and legs and use the bones to make a stock.  I will then use the stock to make my stuffing.  After my bird is cooked, then I'll put it under the broiler to get some color on it.

For those of you that prefer the traditional method of roasting heed some tips:

• Brine it in a salt water solution for a day
  • Put an herb butter underneath the skin to keep the breast moist
  • learn how to truss a turkey or any bird for that matter.  You want the legs to cover the breasts as much as possible because the breasts cook the fastest and are prone to drying out
And for the brave that have insurance on their houses, deep frying is pretty darn good, too.

If all else fails and the turkey is dry, wash it down with a cup of wine.

Post your tips and enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving NT.

OH YEAAAAH

0545e2f4a7e2b494e255bd9a77fce3be.jpg

...if u need more time to DRINK...fry it up...takes 30mins for a 12-15lb bird...crispy outside...juicy inside...
happy.gif

...if u need more time to DRINK...fry it up...takes 30mins for a 12-15lb bird...crispy outside...juicy inside...
happy.gif

This is the best turkey ever!!!

I’m not a chef, and I don’t write cookbooks.. but here are the instructions.

1 make sure turkey is thawed

2 soak turkey in brine for at least 6 hours.

To make brine put 1 cup of salt 1 cup of sugar smash up 2 small apples. A small handful of whole peppercorns. And whole beer and Add enough water to cover turkey into a big pot. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve The pot has to be big enough to hold turkey. Add enough water to cover turkey and soak for 6 hours. Put something on top of turkey to make sure turkey doesn’t float to top of water. Put in fridge.

3 make herb butter. One teaspoon of thyme,, one teaspoon of rosemary, one teaspoon of sage, one teaspoon of cayenne pepper one teaspoon of pepper one stick of butter. Put all ingredients in bowl and mix into butter. Let mixture soften before applying to turkey

4 take turkey out of brine. And try with paper towels. Try to get as dry as possible. Take butter and rub it all over turkey. Put it inside the cavity and under skin where possible. Make sure you really make love to the turkey with the butter. You will only use about half the butter.

5. cook turkey in bbq girl with indirect heat. In the middle of grill put a pan with about one inch of water. Put a meat thermometer in breast and when it reaches 165 it is done. It will take about an hour and a half. Go by the temperature on the thermometer but keep covered as much as possible. About half way though cooking, reapply butter on skin and inside cavity.

Once you take turkey out of bbq loosely cover with foil for about a half hour before carving.

This is the best turkey ever!!!

I’m not a chef, and I don’t write cookbooks.. but here are the instructions.

1 make sure turkey is thawed

2 soak turkey in brine for at least 6 hours.

To make brine put 1 cup of salt 1 cup of sugar smash up 2 small apples. A small handful of whole peppercorns. And whole beer and Add enough water to cover turkey into a big pot. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve The pot has to be big enough to hold turkey. Add enough water to cover turkey and soak for 6 hours. Put something on top of turkey to make sure turkey doesn’t float to top of water. Put in fridge.

3 make herb butter. One teaspoon of thyme,, one teaspoon of rosemary, one teaspoon of sage, one teaspoon of cayenne pepper one teaspoon of pepper one stick of butter. Put all ingredients in bowl and mix into butter. Let mixture soften before applying to turkey

4 take turkey out of brine. And try with paper towels. Try to get as dry as possible. Take butter and rub it all over turkey. Put it inside the cavity and under skin where possible. Make sure you really make love to the turkey with the butter. You will only use about half the butter.

5. cook turkey in bbq girl with indirect heat. In the middle of grill put a pan with about one inch of water. Put a meat thermometer in breast and when it reaches 165 it is done. It will take about an hour and a half. Go by the temperature on the thermometer but keep covered as much as possible. About half way though cooking, reapply butter on skin and inside cavity.

Once you take turkey out of bbq loosely cover with foil for about a half hour before carving.

i used to eat deep fried turkey... then i thought,.. why not just get deep fried chicken?
if you are gonna deep fry turkey... BEFORE YOU TURN IT ON... FIRST PUT WATER IN THE FRYER FIRST THEN LOWER THE TURKEY TO SEE HOW HIGH THE OIL WILL GO!!!... then mark how much oil you need, then proceed....
if you are gonna do some cooking... prep... prep... prep the night before...

Back
Top Bottom