To the nt'ers who used to indulge in the herb, when did y'all stop messin with the kush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to smoke heavy and i still like to smoke but just havent done it lately... for me its like gambling its a waste of money... so its easy for me to stop because i hate spending the cash on it... i rather spend it on material things i get to keep... i know thats not any better but at least i have something to show for it not like budd that money is gone forever... me being cheap helped quit too... i still smoke every now and then but i dont go out of my way to buy it

Last edited:
My wife and I used to smoke heavy but since we were trying to get pregnant, the doctor said it was affecting my sperm count. Been about a year and a half and I have a lil bit now. Can't see smoking until she becomes a teenanger[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
I do miss the smell of grand daddy purp though...

Quit three days ago. Graduating in May and getting a job right out of the gate. Not likely that they're gonna test me, but I'd rather not risk it. Also expecting to move into a condo with my friend after graduation so I could use the extra money in my bank account. I'm really not missing it. Other than having a little difficulty falling asleep, I'm chillin'. Can't see myself being a daily smoker ever again. After 10 years of it I think I've had my fill.

Quit three days ago. Graduating in May and getting a job right out of the gate. Not likely that they're gonna test me, but I'd rather not risk it. Also expecting to move into a condo with my friend after graduation so I could use the extra money in my bank account. I'm really not missing it. Other than having a little difficulty falling asleep, I'm chillin'. Can't see myself being a daily smoker ever again. After 10 years of it I think I've had my fill.

Good job dude. Prioritize your education, career, and future over unnecessary habits. The real game starts now. Yes, college is hard and you had to put in a lot of work...but now youre in the real world and need to be ON POINT at all times. No slacking or holding yourself back because of what the next man does. Hustle, network, and bust your az. Set your goals now and strive to accomplish them. College grad to supervisor, manager, president, CEO, entrepreneur, etc. You can be whatever you want to be. Like I said, the real game starts now.

I don't think I really "stopped" smoking weed, I just started telling myself I had to put more effort into other things. At the highest point of my smoking habit, no pun intended, I was a freshman in college doing really nothing besides playing video games, smoking pot, and hanging out with people who enjoyed smoking pot. I got a lot of bad grades that year, ended the year with something like a 1.3 GPA and was so depressed I didn't want to leave the house the entire summer. I switched into an engineering program that fall and am going to graduate in about 2 years since I started late and had a setback last semester (not a positive story but besides the point). Regardless, since then I've worked two internships, worked in a research lab, got involved with a good organization, started photography, started working out and currently in the best shape I've ever been, made some really good friends who are doing successful things and for the first time I met a girl who really makes me happy.

If you think about any addiction, what destroys your resolve is giving into that urge to keep doing that same thing because it makes you feel good. You need to find other things that will have a positive result on the time you put into that activity. Stopping whatever it is you're doing comes naturally and you won't have to actively think about not doing it. Instead you will think about what it is you really want to do right now, because the reward that comes later will make you feel empowered and confident. Smoking weed isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I've found that it detracts my focus from everything I want to do. It makes me feel lost a day or two later when I want to focus and think about solving something, and it also makes me over-eat, which is not good since I want to look amazing. Like I said though, weed doesn't solely determine whether or not you are having the best quality of life, it is really up to you to decide whether or not you need to change your interactions with it. One of my friends graduated summa cum laude, is starting her PhD on a full stipend this fall, but smokes weed everyday because it helps her deal with her anxiety. Nothing wrong with that, but I have found that weed detracts more than it adds to my quality of life.

edit: come to think about it, my avy really contradicts everything I've discussed in this post.

Last edited:
I smoked from ages 15-19, quit in college. I'll light a cigar up every now and then, but the days of the green are long gone. Ive been told you can't get addicted to it, but I've seen some of my HS friends really struggle with it and other substances

Some of y'all made the mistake of smoking too early and not letting your body develop first. I didn't touch drugs or alcohol til I was 22. And now I love to smoke and don't see myself stopping. I have no reason to.

Last edited:
I personally don't feel you can get "addicted" in the sense that addiction is a physical dependency.

Even in the days where I was pretty much an every day smoker, I'd take a day or a few off here and there, be fine, start back up as I pleased.

It's mind over matter really. Some minds are stronger than others.

I still indulge here and there. Just much less than I used to. I was a full on functional smoker. Would take a puff here and there at lunch during work and go back and do my thing.

Now it's more of a nighttime treat after a long day. And I truly wake up in better shape than I would if I had some wine or a scotch.

I was at a major music festival recently and mad people were asking me to blaze and I wasn't even interested during the day.

Some of y'all made the mistake of smoking too early and not letting your body develop first. I didn't touch drugs or alcohol til I was 22. And now I love to smoke and don't see myself stopping. I have no reason to.

This is a good point. I did start early (Jr. High I think with smoke and drink). And I was wreckless back then.

But stopped halfway through freshman year of high school and didn't do either again until maybe sophmore year of college.

Even with the "peer pressure" in high school, I was good doing me.

I picked it back up out of the sheer boredom of going from high school in NYC to liberal arts college upstate :lol:

But was still more mature and handled it much better.

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't start smoking until after school. 

Seems like the people who started young get to the point where it's addictive 

I started smoking at 13 I stopped at 21 I possibly smoked a bad batch at 19 I tweaked real hard after all my highs weren't the same

Yo I done messed up. I roll my joints with tobbacco mixed. I don't smole cigarettes. But I think the mixin of tobbacco has sort of formed a dependence. So now I approach cannabis use the same way smokers approach their cigarettes. When I wake up, before I eat, after I eat, etc. I'm averaging about 1/4 every 3 days. The deepest thing is I'm starting to trip about whether im "addicted" or not. I'm 28, been stuck in that pattern or frequency of blazin for 2 years now.

Smoked fro 18-21.

Never was a daily smoker and it was easy to put down when I was tryna find a job.

Turned to liquor and became and alcoholic.

3 years of social smoking was easy to put down.

A few nights of drinking turned into a few days, that turned into everyday.

Long struggle for the booze.

I drink a few beers here and there but I honestly want to smoke instead but they random test me.

Legalize that **** already mayne.

Yo I done messed up. I roll my joints with tobbacco mixed. I don't smole cigarettes. But I think the mixin of tobbacco has sort of formed a dependence. So now I approach cannabis use the same way smokers approach their cigarettes. When I wake up, before I eat, after I eat, etc. I'm averaging about 1/4 every 3 days. The deepest thing is I'm starting to trip about whether im "addicted" or not. I'm 28, been stuck in that pattern or frequency of blazin for 2 years now.

View media item 1478338
One of my favorite pics from a coffee shop in AMS.

Good job dude. Prioritize your education, career, and future over unnecessary habits. The real game starts now. Yes, college is hard and you had to put in a lot of work...but now youre in the real world and need to be ON POINT at all times. No slacking or holding yourself back because of what the next man does. Hustle, network, and bust your az. Set your goals now and strive to accomplish them. College grad to supervisor, manager, president, CEO, entrepreneur, etc. You can be whatever you want to be. Like I said, the real game starts now.
Thanks, dad.

Thanks, dad.

lol @ the sarcasm

I was always against it in my younger high school even college days especially when friends around me did it. Then i met a girl off pof who did it and i started questioning why was I so against it. So i found some random street cats and was able to procure some. I did it off and on but didnt really see the effects or the "high" feeling and all I found myself doing was coughing a lot and it felt like I was forcing myself to like it. The only real effects I felt was tiredness and hornyness. So no, i am not addicted to it but I'm not against it anymore. Maybe if I actually lived alone I would do it more often

Everyone here seems to have quit on their own accord.... I quit because I literally would have a panic/anxiety attack every time I'd smoke. It's crazy.

I started at the age of thirteen, would smoke almost every day, and be able to function normally. Then one day, I had a severe panic attack out of nowhere and I thought I was about to have a nervous breakdown and/or die. It took a while for my people to calm me down and realize it was all in my head. But ever since then, I've never been able to shake the feeling... 

: ' + (

Everyone here seems to have quit on their own accord.... I quit because I literally would have a panic/anxiety attack every time I'd smoke. It's crazy.

I started at the age of thirteen, would smoke almost every day, and be able to function normally. Then one day, I had a severe panic attack out of nowhere and I thought I was about to have a nervous breakdown and/or die. It took a while for my people to calm me down and realize it was all in my head. But ever since then, I've never been able to shake the feeling... 

: ' + (
sounds like one of them blunts had something extra in it b 

Quit for almost 9 yrs. Started back up 2 yrs ago. Bout to go on a long break again.
Been forgettin **** lately.

Stopped at 19, 23 now...

It got to a point where I would just get depressed after each blunt, thinking about my life and how I was messing it up. Practically shielding my problems under a cloud of smoke. Plus I was loosing my ability to remember a lot of information that I needed to for tests. Decided to put down the blunt, and my life has been moving in a positive direction since then, making real strides towards the end goal you know?

Everyone is different, but for me all it takes is one blunt for me to spiral back into the habit. Do plan on lighting up at least once more in my 30s or something when everything has fallen into place and then will I really be able to enjoy it 
nthat.gif

started picking it up again since it helps relieves pain as i got older
i dont really smoke it, i do edibles now to relax and get more of a body high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom