Too Good To Be True NT??? I Think So

My Boy Has Been Car Searching And Stumbled Upon This And I Told Him That It Is Too Good To Be True.. An 2005 Audi For $2,950.00??? Just Read The FollowingEmail He Sent My Boy..

From
: "Lt. Steve H. USAF"
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:17:23 +0000 (UTC)
To: <lightz*******@aim.com>
Subject: !!!2005 AUDI A4 1.8T ULTRA SPORT PKG!!! - $2950
Hello,
You have to know that the 2005 Audi A4 1.8T ULTRA SPORT PKG I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind ofdamage. The title is clear. It has 64.000 miles. This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makesthe exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.
Here are the pics of the car :
http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt276/stevehaudi/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)
As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100%protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and inspect it (for 10days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you won`t be satisfied with the car i will surely findanother buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back.
I am located in Madrid,Spain and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Spain. One month ago, my wife moved here with meand brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to payvery high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $ 2950. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped fromhere by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be truckedforward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name andaddress where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you and have a nice day,
Lt. Steve Hubert

He Then Sent Another Email

Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 00:42:18 +0000 (UTC)
To: <lightz******@aim.com>
Subject: Re: !!!2005 AUDI A4 1.8T ULTRA SPORT PKG!!! - $2950
Hello,
As I said in my first email the car is currently located in Madrid Spain.It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not costme anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. Shipping will be done door-to-door, to yourexact location, so you will not have to pick the car up yourself. I decided to sell it for this price because i will not be paying the huge taxes i am requiredto pay to register the car in Spain so i am basically getting rid of a car i cannot use in Spain. This is the only reason i am selling and for this price.
As I know that my current situation is pretty special, I have done some researching and I have found a service that will be able o help us both with thistransaction. I have found out that in this particular situation we can use eBay. I already apply for this program and extended its eligibility so it will worknormally for both of us. They have developed a program called "Vehicle purchase protection program".

Here is how it works:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you: full name, shipping address and telephone number.
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices (email forms).The price for the car is $2,950 USD. This price includes all the shippingtaxes and fees.
4. After you will make the payment in an eBay trust fund account and confirm it to them they will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receivethe car you will have 10 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that Ican pick up the money.
5. If the car is not as I told you or have some problems, or is not as described, they will refund you 100%. There is no risk in this deal. I don't touchyour money until you receive and inspect the car. The transaction is simple so everything should go as planed. If you will decide that you will not buy the carthere will be no need to ship it back because I will surely find a buyer in your area.
6. From the moment the payment is secured by eBay the shipping process will begin and it will arrive at your address in about 3 max. 4 business days. You willalso receive all the documents including the title and a Bill of Sale. The cargo is insured so if the car is damaged during the shipping you will also berefunded.

Thanks in advance!

My Boy Asked Him For His Ebay Account And He Said That He Doesn't Have One..The Car Is Not Listed On Ebay And That They Are Just Using Ebays Services For AFast And Safe Transaction..My Boy Asked For His Number And He Said That He's Sorry But He Only Has Access To A Government Computer In Spain So He Has ToMake This Via Email
That's Just A Scam Waiting To Happen.. What Do Ya'll Think???

Com'on fam this is a 05 audi not a 92 elantra this has scam written all over it surprised ol boy didn't say he was from nigeria

admiralackbar2jl1.jpg

It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo

I'm in the USAF as well and this is bs. The Navy ships everyones cars over here. AMC flies equipment to warzones.

dont do it. my boss almost got caught up wit a woman selling a murano for cheap on ebay. and they were posting everywhere...dont do it. its a trap.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo

I'm in the USAF as well and this is bs. The Navy ships everyones cars over here. AMC flies equipment to warzones.
Thanks A Lot For The Insight.. Good Looking Out

see when they start telling you about their personal life and their wife and kids and giving very specific instructions, then i start getting suspicious

Originally Posted by oidreez

see when they start telling you about their personal life and their wife and kids and giving very specific instructions, then i start getting suspicious

Haha That's When You Know They're As Desperate As Can Be Lol

I was looking at a car on CL and something similar happened....had tons of pics, but I ran a carfax and it didn't really add up. Same deal about a militarybase, etc. Called him on it and never heard back.

Back
Top Bottom