Top Producers. Vol. Where does RZA belong?

Seriously, I have been listening to a lot of old Wu and its been making me think; Where does RZA belong as far as ratings. In the top beat thread, there weremad Wu songs, but you never hear his name come up when you think of the best producers. What do you think?

IMO he should NEVER be out of anyones top 5

For me my #1 is Prem but after that the rest of my top 5 ius tough to put in order with him, Dre, Pete Rock, and Kanye.

If i HAD to make a top 5 id put...

1. Premo
2. RZA
3. Dre
4. Pete Rock
5. Ye

Originally Posted by THE GR8

1. Premo
2. Pete Rock
3. RZA
4. Dr. Dre
5. Ye
you alllllmost had it
wink.gif

if it wasn't for RZA, Kanye would never exist!

just listen to all these jewels

rza's top 5 and responsible for creating an entire sound that kanye, just blaze, bink and all of these other dudes tried to capture for the first 5 yearsof their career. the entire "blueprint" sound that people credit kanye for is actually rza's.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

rza's top 5 and responsible for creating an entire sound that kanye, just blaze, bink and all of these other dudes tried to capture for the first 5 years of their career. the entire "blueprint" sound that people credit kanye for is actually rza's.

Not being sarcastic....can you break this down a little more?

Originally Posted by Gello 201

rza's top 5 and responsible for creating an entire sound that kanye, just blaze, bink and all of these other dudes tried to capture for the first 5 years of their career. the entire "blueprint" sound that people credit kanye for is actually rza's.

1993-1999 rza birthed just blaze, early kanye, bink and all of these other post-2000 producers who heavily sample old soul records with vocal samples. listento enter the wu, ob4cl and wu-tang forever and you'll see what i'm saying. and people credit kanye and just for this sound after the blueprint but allthey did was xerox was rza, in my opinion.. not to say that just and kanye aren't dope but rza's the originator. and anyone saying kanye is top 5producer needs to rethink what they're saying.

Originally Posted by Gello 201

1993-1999 rza birthed just blaze, early kanye, bink and all of these other post-2000 producers who heavily sample old soul records with vocal samples. listen to enter the wu, ob4cl and wu-tang forever and you'll see what i'm saying. and people credit kanye and just for this sound after the blueprint but all they did was xerox was rza, in my opinion.. not to say that just and kanye aren't dope but rza's the originator. and anyone saying kanye is top 5 producer needs to rethink what they're saying.

To be fair...
I think most people don't look at them as the originators but rather the ones that brought it back or made it popular again...
Which is true...
I heard Kanye, Blaze, and Bink all give credit to the rza for help developing their style...

Back
Top Bottom