Torn between two phases of my life

I have been a Jordan collector since 1997 I currently have 230 pairs, I have Old pairs, New Pairs, Retro Pairs and Player Exclusives. Problem is Im 30 years old and I wear 3 piece suits everyday except Saturday and Sunday and occasionally fridays. I know some might say keep only the ones you like but my issue is they are all a part of me, I take pride in being able to match every single sports apparel with my sneakers. I want to know how do any of you deal with this situation because I'am running out of closet space. Size 13's means big boxes and most of my sneakers have the retro box and some orginal boxes. So what are your thoughts? Personally I want to reach the 300 hundred mark and give one final display to Nike Talk as a goodbye but that won't happen until possibly 2013 o or somewear around there lol.

I have been a Jordan collector since 1997 I currently have 230 pairs, I have Old pairs, New Pairs, Retro Pairs and Player Exclusives. Problem is Im 30 years old and I wear 3 piece suits everyday except Saturday and Sunday and occasionally fridays. I know some might say keep only the ones you like but my issue is they are all a part of me, I take pride in being able to match every single sports apparel with my sneakers. I want to know how do any of you deal with this situation because I'am running out of closet space. Size 13's means big boxes and most of my sneakers have the retro box and some orginal boxes. So what are your thoughts? Personally I want to reach the 300 hundred mark and give one final display to Nike Talk as a goodbye but that won't happen until possibly 2013 o or somewear around there lol.

thats a lot of sneakers! it will take you 2 years to wear all them if you wear a different pair every saturday and sunday... just sayin

thats a lot of sneakers! it will take you 2 years to wear all them if you wear a different pair every saturday and sunday... just sayin

Im bascly in the same boat except I just wear my kicks on my
off days and I actually appreciate my collection more now a days.

Every off day is an opportunity to wear some of my favorite kicks.

Its a nice change from the stuffy suits and dress shoes. I look forward

to my weekends and days off so I plan my fits accordingly.

Im bascly in the same boat except I just wear my kicks on my
off days and I actually appreciate my collection more now a days.

Every off day is an opportunity to wear some of my favorite kicks.

Its a nice change from the stuffy suits and dress shoes. I look forward

to my weekends and days off so I plan my fits accordingly.

I love wearing my sneakers too but how much is too much? that's my issue

I love wearing my sneakers too but how much is too much? that's my issue

Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

If you enjoy them then keep them. You collect and enjoy and its a hobby that cant get you in any trouble. WHY stop? People collect things.

If you enjoy them then keep them. You collect and enjoy and its a hobby that cant get you in any trouble. WHY stop? People collect things.

mate, im 33yrs old this year and i have been buying so many retro jordans this past 12months with all the major releases ( VI's , Bordeaux , white cement III's, XIII's to name a few) , like yourself, i have to wear business atire to work. And my beloved J's sit at home all week, so i started leaving my suits at work and wear casual wear + J's into work and change into my work clothes and change out when i leave.

my personal opinion, 230+ pairs is excessive. Most of the shoes would crumble by the time you get around to wearing them.

mate, im 33yrs old this year and i have been buying so many retro jordans this past 12months with all the major releases ( VI's , Bordeaux , white cement III's, XIII's to name a few) , like yourself, i have to wear business atire to work. And my beloved J's sit at home all week, so i started leaving my suits at work and wear casual wear + J's into work and change into my work clothes and change out when i leave.

my personal opinion, 230+ pairs is excessive. Most of the shoes would crumble by the time you get around to wearing them.

I feel you my friend, I have been collecting since the 90s, and a couple years back at the peak my collection was 260+pairs. I went thru the same thing a few years ago when I turned 30 myself, I just felt like my priorities started to change and I started selling my collection back in 09, when I first started it was hard because I had some heat that I was letting go and I didn't want to part with certain pairs, but after realizing that I could go a year or two before getting around to the same pair in my rotation and years of ongoing quality issues with JB I just thought it would be wise of me to sell my whole collection(while the shoes were still in one piece) and take that money and actually invest it in something that will be beneficial for me in the long run. After I saw all the money that I had put into my "collection" I could not believe it and could not justify the 260+ pairs I had. I now have about 60 pairs left and counting down. I have officially retired and once I sell or donate the last 60 pairs I have left, I will never own more than 5 pairs of sneakers at a time. I was very naive about finances in my late teens and early 20s, and would spend most of my disposal income on shoes and other crap never thinking about the future, now that I am 30+ I have to think about the future and how I am going to prepare myself for retirement. Looking back on it now I wish I would have take the tens of thousands of dollars that I gave to Nike and Phil Knight and used it to start investing back in the 90s and I probably would be looking at retirement in a few years instead of still having to work later into my life. I now have a couple pairs that I wear on my casual days and thats it for me. I'll leave this "shoe game" to all you all out there, good luck and hopefully one day you will all see this just another addiction like smoking and drinking that wastes you time and money. The only good thing is some Nike's are sought after and if DS or well cared for you may have a hope of reselling it. That's the only thing that has kept me half way sane is that I have been able to recoup at least more than 60-70% of what I paid for most of my collection and reinvest into actually securities.

So If I can leave you with one last thought, stop throwing your money away and making the CEO's and Millionaire Athlete's even richer than the are, just buy ONE pair of shoes because you need them not because you want them, and if you need something to do with that money thats burning a whole in your pocket then put it in a saving acct or invest it, trust me you'll thank me later.

I feel you my friend, I have been collecting since the 90s, and a couple years back at the peak my collection was 260+pairs. I went thru the same thing a few years ago when I turned 30 myself, I just felt like my priorities started to change and I started selling my collection back in 09, when I first started it was hard because I had some heat that I was letting go and I didn't want to part with certain pairs, but after realizing that I could go a year or two before getting around to the same pair in my rotation and years of ongoing quality issues with JB I just thought it would be wise of me to sell my whole collection(while the shoes were still in one piece) and take that money and actually invest it in something that will be beneficial for me in the long run. After I saw all the money that I had put into my "collection" I could not believe it and could not justify the 260+ pairs I had. I now have about 60 pairs left and counting down. I have officially retired and once I sell or donate the last 60 pairs I have left, I will never own more than 5 pairs of sneakers at a time. I was very naive about finances in my late teens and early 20s, and would spend most of my disposal income on shoes and other crap never thinking about the future, now that I am 30+ I have to think about the future and how I am going to prepare myself for retirement. Looking back on it now I wish I would have take the tens of thousands of dollars that I gave to Nike and Phil Knight and used it to start investing back in the 90s and I probably would be looking at retirement in a few years instead of still having to work later into my life. I now have a couple pairs that I wear on my casual days and thats it for me. I'll leave this "shoe game" to all you all out there, good luck and hopefully one day you will all see this just another addiction like smoking and drinking that wastes you time and money. The only good thing is some Nike's are sought after and if DS or well cared for you may have a hope of reselling it. That's the only thing that has kept me half way sane is that I have been able to recoup at least more than 60-70% of what I paid for most of my collection and reinvest into actually securities.

So If I can leave you with one last thought, stop throwing your money away and making the CEO's and Millionaire Athlete's even richer than the are, just buy ONE pair of shoes because you need them not because you want them, and if you need something to do with that money thats burning a whole in your pocket then put it in a saving acct or invest it, trust me you'll thank me later.

Wow 230 pairs is alot if you think about it between $100 and $150 a pair that's over 25,000 in sneakers. I prolly have close to a 100 pairs and sometimes when I think about how much money I've spent on sneakers I get sick. But for most of us collecting sneakers isn't a hobby it's an addiction.

Wow 230 pairs is alot if you think about it between $100 and $150 a pair that's over 25,000 in sneakers. I prolly have close to a 100 pairs and sometimes when I think about how much money I've spent on sneakers I get sick. But for most of us collecting sneakers isn't a hobby it's an addiction.

Another issue is Im not an established seller on Ebay so im not trying to get like $40 for my pair of Derek Anderson Jordan 9! That's just an example

Another issue is Im not an established seller on Ebay so im not trying to get like $40 for my pair of Derek Anderson Jordan 9! That's just an example

Back
Top Bottom