Trade Rumor: Jamaal Tinsley to Magic?

The NBA Players Association is preparing to file a grievance against the Indiana Pacers on behalf of banished point guard JamaalTinsley, according to sources. The grievance should be filed within the next week. The Pacers exiled Tinsley before training camp in October, telling him tostay away from the club until it traded him. Tinsley initially agreed without complaint, but with the Feb. 19 trade deadline nearing and no deal on thehorizon, he is getting antsy. Tinsley, who will turn 31 on Feb. 28, has two years and $14.7 million left on his contract and is concerned about his "stateof limbo" dragging into future seasons. The word out of Tinsley's camp is that they expect talks with the OrlandoMagic to heat up as Jameer Nelson's potentially season ending injury leaves Anthony Johnson as their only point gaurd.

Would this even work? Tinsley's rep has been pretty trashed. It looks like the magic could give up some combination of Battie + a player for Tinsley.

Tinsley is a very underrated passer, better than Stephon. I only think Tinsley would be better because he wouldn't demand to shoot the ball as much asStephon would.

plus anthony and tinsley played together on the pacers so theyd get along. PLEASE DO IT PACERS PLEASE GET RID OF HIM AS A PACERS FAN I NEED THIS!!!

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Tinsley is a very underrated passer, better than Stephon. I only think Tinsley would be better because he wouldn't demand to shoot the ball as much as Stephon would.

Dude prolly weighs 2 tons now. Marbury is still in shape. Marbury is better in every aspect than Tinsley.

Tinsley is a very underrated passer, better than Stephon. I only think Tinsley would be better because he wouldn't demand to shoot the ball as much as Stephon would.
You obviously don't know that Jameer Nelson is a scoring Point Guard & Marbury fills that void more than Tinsley would. I didn't knowaveraging 8 assists per game for your career was a bad thing. Oh & last year on a down year Marbury had similar numbers to Jameer's All Star year thisyear.

When was the last time Stephon played on a good team?

Do you realize how long it took for Jameer to gel into that team to the point where they were a really good team?? Jameer is a scoring point guard yes, but theproblem is fitting in with that team. The Magic ain't had a good pass-first PG in a while, not with Dwight there IIRC.

The transition period would take too long for the Magic to get a quick-fix with Stephon.

Also, where will the Magic come up with 20 million in order to try and obtain Stephon? You gotta think of these things before you blurt out nonsense. Will youtrade any of the three other big guys? Not Dwight, the Knicks wouldn't take on Shards contract, and I don't think the Magic will give up Hedo. It'sreally hard to get that deal done.

Will the Abuser become the Abused?
ohwell.gif

Do you realize how long it took for Jameer to gel into that team to the point where they were a really good team?? Jameer is a scoring point guard yes, but the problem is fitting in with that team. The Magic ain't had a good pass-first PG in a while, not with Dwight there IIRC.

The transition period would take too long for the Magic to get a quick-fix with Stephon.

Also, where will the Magic come up with 20 million in order to try and obtain Stephon? You gotta think of these things before you blurt out nonsense. Will you trade any of the three other big guys? Not Dwight, the Knicks wouldn't take on Shards contract, and I don't think the Magic will give up Hedo. It's really hard to get that deal done.
roll.gif
It will be ok... It's called a buyout (making Marburya free agent) or even if they traded for him, the Knicks would eat up the majority of the 20million owed to him meaning the Magic would only have to pay about1-3 million for Marbury... Now is that still "BLURTED NONSENSE" to you???

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Do you realize how long it took for Jameer to gel into that team to the point where they were a really good team?? Jameer is a scoring point guard yes, but the problem is fitting in with that team. The Magic ain't had a good pass-first PG in a while, not with Dwight there IIRC.

Also, where will the Magic come up with 20 million in order to try and obtain Stephon? You gotta think of these things before you blurt out nonsense. Will you trade any of the three other big guys? Not Dwight, the Knicks wouldn't take on Shards contract, and I don't think the Magic will give up Hedo. It's really hard to get that deal done.
roll.gif
It will be ok... It's called a buyout (making Marbury a free agent) or even if they traded for him, the Knicks would eat up the majority of the 20million owed to him meaning the Magic would only have to pay about 1-3 million for Marbury... Now is that still "BLURTED NONSENSE" to you???

If Orlando step up with cash for Marbury to sign him, and Marbury agrees to a buyout no reason it shouldn't work.

i doubt any team feels comfortable handing over the reigns to steph...it jus it what it is at this point

Those 2 seasons when Tinsley was in shape doing the same off season workout as Big Al were good years. Pacers were an awesome team to watch.

Marbury would be my first choice over Tinsley...
Tinsley has a huge contract, so that would shoot down our hopes of re-signing Turk next year.
If it was possible to get Marbury for a minimal deal, for one year, it would still leave our team in tact, and Marbury is hell of a lot more talented thanTinsley.

I'd rather get a D-League guy than pay for Tinsley.

The Magic would have to give up a lot more in player contracts to match Marbury's dough, though.

Tinsley would be a decent emergency trade if he's in shape.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The Magic would have to give up a lot more in player contracts to match Marbury's dough, though.
You don't have to match up the 20 million because the would Knicks eat up most of the contract. Marbury would cost Orlando 1-3million.

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

You don't have to match up the 20 million because the would Knicks eat up most of the contract. Marbury would cost Orlando 1-3 million.
To my understanding, there are no trade exceptions the Magic have, and they are far over the salary cap. How do you propose they eat up most ofthe contract? I'm no expert on the CBA, but unless he's bought out, and then signed by the Magic for a small contract, then it's very hard for thatto happen. If the Knicks WERE to buy out his contract, I highly doubt they would if they knew he'd sign with a Eastern Conference team. You show me anexample where a team over the salary cap exchanged a player with a 20 million contract for just a 1-3 million dollar contract where the team in the Knicksshoes "ate up," the rest of the contract. The CBA states that you can only exceed 125% + 100 grand or something to that effect. That defeats thewhole purpose of most teams trying to trade contracts, there are perameters you have to follow, you can't just say "Oh I'll give you Stephon andwe'll take on 16 million of his contract and you send us a 3 million dollar player!"

If you're talking about a buyout which leads to them signing Stephon, that's fine and dandy, but I think if it were to happen, it would have happened awhile ago.

well, nobody's going to sign Marbury unless the Knicks eat most of the contract, so thats what he's talking about...also the magic have a 3.5 milltrade exception from the Keyon Dooling trade. Marbury would be signed for the minimum if he were to be bought out (under the circumstances)

Back
Top Bottom