Traders and merchants of NT -- the import/export thread

I am leaving my cushy analyst bank job to pursue something more exciting. I want to create my own job that lets me travel and work on my own schedule.

So, I have opened a business where I will be importing goods from around the world that present some arbitrage opportunity. The long term plan is to find a niche that allows me to become a distributor.

Anyone else playing this game?

I'm actually considering something similar, OP. Though, I know exactly what I want to import.

I'm curious, if you don't mind telling me, exactly how much of your personal income/finances have you invested in the early phase?

I've looked into SBLs and grants, but I wonder just how much of one's personal income/finances are necessary. Like will lenders and/or investors require me to put up a huge amount of financing, initially, before even considering a loan/investment?

Anything you could share about your journey would certainly be greatly appreciated.

A friend of mine is an importer/exporter of fine latex goods
Can you shed some more light on this
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

I'm actually considering something similar, OP. Though, I know exactly what I want to import.

I'm curious, if you don't mind telling me, exactly how much of your personal income/finances have you invested in the early phase?

I've looked into SBLs and grants, but I wonder just how much of one's personal income/finances are necessary. Like will lenders and/or investors require me to put up a huge amount of financing, initially, before even considering a loan/investment?

Anything you could share about your journey would certainly be greatly appreciated.

So far I've contacted several suppliers of Alibaba.com for quotes. I've been pleasantly surprised at the responses. Right now, I am waiting to see who is willing to send some samples, so that we can evaluate the quality and take it from there

Back
Top Bottom