Traffic Light Camera Unappreciation Vol. I think I got caught

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I was in Downtown SF today and decided to run a yellow light (Hayes & Polk) and I see two camera flashes go off
eek.gif

I think I got caught.
mad.gif
Anyone know how much redlight violations are or if its better to seek an alternative ( Traffic school or appeal)

And how should I go about doing it?

I hate these god damn cameras, isn't it proven that these cameras are unsafe?
grin.gif

i think its 200 plus bro...i doubt you can fight it since it shows you going thru red light...but sometimes that camera lights goes off even if you cross theline

if your front wheels passed the crosswalk lines before the light turned red, then you good.

samething happened to my aunt down here in socal, but she was well into the street before the light turned red and took the picture

them cameras be having me shook, i be avoiding this one camera light at this one intersection. i be making rights so i aint got to go through it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif

Damn way for the city of government to make more money... that they end up wasting somehow
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I got caught by one on Bush and Van Ness. It was pretty obvious and I remember about 3 flashing lights going off. I got the ticket a few months later witha nice picture of me in the middle of the intersection while I was talking on my cell phone. I think my ticket was around $380 and the traffic admin fee wasanother $32. However, I decided to go book a court date since I had heard that often times the judge will lower your fine if he or she is in a good mood andyou have a good driving record.

Later on my court date, we all got squished into a small court room and the cop that presided over us gave the judge's three options: 1. Plead guilty andget your ticket lowered to $50 with eligbility for traffic school, 2. You could plead not guilty and have the judge hear your case risking the loss of thelowered fine and traffic school, and I did not remember what the third option was nor did I really care. Since this was my first ticket, I took the firstoption and I ran with it and was outta there in 5 minutes.

I guess I got kinda lucky by getting a lazy judge that just did not want to deal with people that night (it was a 6PM court time). If you live close to thecourt house, you can book a court date hopefullly getting a judge that would show some leniency and getting a lowered fine w/traffic school.

doubt that "photoblocker" really works, and even if it does it only works with flash so daytime wont help much....

Originally Posted by r33p04s

glad miami hasn't implemented it yet...but damn those sunpass cameras
mad.gif
I hear ya. Quite a few times my brother has "borrowed" my sunpass without telling me, and I just fly right through the toll with nosunpass . . . needless to say I get pretty heated when the photo gets mailed to my house.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bulgogi012

Yeah I got caught by one on Bush and Van Ness. It was pretty obvious and I remember about 3 flashing lights going off. I got the ticket a few months later with a nice picture of me in the middle of the intersection while I was talking on my cell phone. I think my ticket was around $380 and the traffic admin fee was another $32. However, I decided to go book a court date since I had heard that often times the judge will lower your fine if he or she is in a good mood and you have a good driving record.

Later on my court date, we all got squished into a small court room and the cop that presided over us gave the judge's three options: 1. Plead guilty and get your ticket lowered to $50 with eligbility for traffic school, 2. You could plead not guilty and have the judge hear your case risking the loss of the lowered fine and traffic school, and I did not remember what the third option was nor did I really care. Since this was my first ticket, I took the first option and I ran with it and was outta there in 5 minutes.

I guess I got kinda lucky by getting a lazy judge that just did not want to deal with people that night (it was a 6PM court time). If you live close to the court house, you can book a court date hopefullly getting a judge that would show some leniency and getting a lowered fine w/traffic school.
380?! I'm bout to off myself.
roll.gif

Thanks though, at least now I know what to expect...
ohwell.gif

Fight it....
were there any witnesses that will testify that you did run the light
nerd.gif

been in my pops town of stockton for atleast 6 years now, but i see people get caught all the time in sf.

laugh.gif
This reminds me of a story. My boy had just gotten his license and me,him, and like 3 other people were on our way back to the crib from ballin'. He was drivin' fast towards a light while it was yellow. I told him to stopbut dude ridin' shotgun was like, "GO, GO,GO!!!" So he pushed it and got caught. Dude wuz pissed and wentin the house for the rest of the day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MissinPieces

[miffbuster] theres no way to beat the traffic cam[/miffbusters]
smh.gif
It's banned in many cities.
It does work.

I forgot to add that it works on flat license plates not 3D ones. So it depends on your plate and the type of digital camera that captures the picture.

^im just saying, my friend's dad fought it using that defense and it worked because there needs to be someone actually there to witness the violation. takeit for what its worth. then again he is a lawyer so he knew every loophole; and apparently thats one of them.

Hope that your plate was blurred, happened to my friend. I guess we were going too fast and the camera went off but he never got a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom