TRL Vol. Back in the Day: Timeslots

Fellow Niketalkers,
Back in the day, TRL aired from 3:30-4:30, if my memory serves me properly. I seem to remember that they also showed the same episode as a re-run later on in the day/night for the heads who missed out earlier on in the day. Does anyone remember what time the second airing was? (If there was indeed a second airing)

Much props for any help, and for all you late 90s/early 00s heads, feel free to reminisce as well. 
pimp.gif

Peace

I wanna say 7 or 11pm
laugh.gif
I never caught to reruns though, I'd always see it on after school.

I would love an explanation as to why you would like to know when TRL re-runs ran each day 
roll.gif
. Like, that's too random to not have a backstory.

This reminds me actually. I need to watch that VH1 special that aired a week or two ago covering the best moments in TRL history.

Deek - Both 7 and 11 sound right to me. Props
pimp.gif
. Can anyone confirm?
BK - I'm trying to piece together a memory that hinges on time-frame. If I can get this time-slot, I can better approximate what time certain events went down. The only thing time-related that I completely remember is coming in and seeing TRL on at a time OTHER than 3:30.

Cap - The Eminems were dope.

Come on, guys...

Just Hit Me With The Truth.

I used to watch it all the time from 1998 - 2004 and then on and off after that....the show got lame after Carson Daily left for good.

TRL > The copy cat 106 & Park

DCALL - Starting at 4, it was a constant last-button fest between the two channels, at least on my end. I miss Tigga more than I miss Carson though... straight up.

DMB - I like your logic. Can you elaborate? Does MTV usually follow a 3 hour-later re-run format?

Maverick - Word. I used to wonder why Carson was hosting the show rather than some celebrity... and then he left. And then people like La La started hosting. And then it became clear. It was because Carson was actually cool. 

Anybody else on the re-run time slot???

Props for all of your help so far! 

11. Used to sneak to watch it cause my school bus was slow as hell and I'd miss most of it. 

Originally Posted by Wade187

11. Used to sneak to watch it cause my school bus was slow as hell and I'd miss most of it. 

Thanks, Wade. I appreciate it, man. You and Deek nailed it. 11 it is 
pimp.gif

Are you guys sure there wasn't a re-run at 7, too?

I could've sworn...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Who watched TRL (or MTV for that matter) when you had Rap City in the Basement.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say more people watch TRL than Rap City
laugh.gif

I watched TRL from like ages 8-10, then I started watching Rap City after that cause I started getting into Hip-Hop  

TRL was in it's prime when I was in high school; I remember coming home and watching it

not gonna lie I still love "I Want It That Way" damn pop classic

Um i kno i did

Why would i want to watch Trick Daddy freestyle in the booth??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by richyung412

Um i kno i did

Why would i want to watch Trick Daddy freestyle in the booth??
laugh.gif

I think its funny both of you have Ric Flair Avy's.

Rap City "Tha Bassment"   >  TRL though

I tuned in every day after school to check out Big Tigs kicks. He always had the freshest Jordans before they released.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I would love an explanation as to why you would like to know when TRL re-runs ran each day 
roll.gif
. Like, that's too random to not have a backstory.

laugh.gif

Really though... Why OP 
nerd.gif
 ?

Originally Posted by kingk777

Maverick - Word. I used to wonder why Carson was hosting the show rather than some celebrity... and then he left. And then people like La La started hosting. And then it became clear. It was because Carson was actually cool. 
co-sign
pimp.gif

After Carson left, they had way to many different VJ's all the time none were really steady.

Back
Top Bottom