Troy Ave tweets about Hip Hop sales battle between Kanye West & 50 Cent, stating fans hurt "Real Rap

TROY AVE B$BVerified account‏@TroyAve
When That ... Kanye vs 50 cent same day album dropping $*** happened. All of u who went against 50 cent hurt real RAP music. I GOT US THO

somewhat agree but this dude flat out sucks :lol:

Last edited:
So now Kanye wasn't making real rap? Y'all lames need to get off the gas. Troy Ave been lame to me. Instead of just opening up the lane and showing us what we been gravely missing he just talks about it. And talks and talks and talks like a bitter female. His entire "if you wasn't in the streets you a weirdo" logic is backwards as **** too.

i think Kanye is partially to blame, let's face it it's changed alot since Graduation dropped. we can't blame Drake because he wasn't even blowing up at the time, he was still underground.

i think Kanye is partially to blame, let's face it it's changed alot since Graduation dropped. we can't blame Drake because he wasn't even blowing up at the time, he was still underground.

Dudes give Kanye soooo much credit for what Andre did bruh. If y'all think "Hey Ya" "Roses" and Love Below didn't open up the door for a lot of these dudes y'all sleep. Dudes was straight up calling Andre gay. By the time College Dropout actually dropped people wasn't making fun of Kanye in droves. The door was already cracked open.

Kanye didn't change ****. And people on this real hip hop or real rap tip need to stop worrying about BS like that and just make good music.

Dudes give Kanye soooo much credit for what Andre did bruh. If y'all think "Hey Ya" "Roses" and Love Below didn't open up the door for a lot of these dudes y'all sleep. Dudes was straight up calling Andre gay. By the time College Dropout actually dropped people wasn't making fun of Kanye in droves. The door was already cracked open.

but before that Outkast was making classics like Aquemini an such so that's why he gets a pass. Kanye just claims to be a fasionista.

While I dislike 'Ye's new music, he did change rap, but for the better.

The days of 50 Cent, "gangsta" rap were getting tired...very tired.

I much rather turn on some Kendrick, Cole, KRIT, Wale....or even Drake, than have a bunch of new "gangsta" rappers popping up with their cookie cutter "I sell dope, i shoot people, my benz sit on 22's" rap music.

**** is tired, and really isn't a reflection on what the majority of young black males (the hip-hop community) are REALLY doing.

While I dislike 'Ye's new music, he did change rap, but for the better.

The days of 50 Cent, "gangsta" rap were getting tired...very tired.

I much rather turn on some Kendrick, Cole, KRIT, Wale....or even Drake, than have a bunch of new "gangsta" rappers popping up with their cookie cutter "I sell dope, i shoot people, my benz sit on 22's" rap music.

**** is tired, and really isn't a reflection on what the majority of young black males (the hip-hop community) are REALLY doing.

yea thats true, Gangsta rap gets old very quick and it's all the same ****. i feel like all these rappers have nothing else to rap about and should rap about trying to "get out' of the hood instead of gloryfing about the drugs,, murder and gang talk. it's hurt people more than helped. but the culture is shot these days, people complaining it's too "soft" or it isn't like before.

Last edited:
its true....had dudes trading in their hoodies for cardigans |I

jerseys for shawl sweaters....:smh:

I can't respect a black men in skinny jeans....ever....like not ever...hit them with this face :stoneface: ....when i see em

Hip Hop or rap as we know it died way before that..

when Jay had dudes burning their throwbacks and using their double xl jerseys as mops and floor mats....is when it went deceased...

Hip Hop Rap has never been about conformity...

its the voice of the oppressed....the impoverished.....the under dog.....the under privileged....the people who actually know struggle....who have been marginalized all their life and never had oppurtunity..

and then kanye wanna come thru in 03 04....with his pink polos with the popped collar....and blazers with the hoodies....and his colorful button downs...

like why are rappers dressing like they going to church, corporate interview or easter.....

I hate that

you guys chose Kanye over 50....

you choose being effeminate over masculinity...

The Black Male in america is being emasculated

from kanye derived all the drakes, kendricks, cudi's, wale's....and all those other metrosexual weirdos

*man

Hold on. "everything I am" isn't Hip-Hop?! "Barry Bonds" isn't Hip-Hop?! "Good Morning" isn't Hip-Hop!?! "The Glory" isn't Hip-Hop?!?? Yo TroyAve, don't tell me about what's RAP and what's not. "Graduation" wouldn't be considered a classic if it didn't have Hip-Hop tracks like the ones listed above. Adidas needa drop Troy Ave quick. He's mad cause be won't get an album release date anytime soon.

Graduation was better the Curtis.

But, the gangsta music that wore thin and became cookie cutter was only replaced by dry empty tear-inducing floral pattern music. Sounds like change for the sake of change to me, instead of something better actually coming out of it. That like trading in a beat up Honda for a beat up Focus. Lateral move. Thanks 3K.

Also, as far as Troy Ave's music, I barely got through his last tape. He sounds like a 50/Max B parody. Filnobep does those much better.

Last edited:

This young man knows what hes talking about...

TROY AVE B$BVerified account‏@TroyAve
When That ... Kanye vs 50 cent same day album dropping $*** happened. All of u who went against 50 cent hurt real RAP music. I GOT US THO

This is so false :lol:

Curtis hurt real rap on his own without that gimmick same day album release sales battle that he agreed to.

yea thats true, Gangsta rap gets old very quick and it's all the same ****. i feel like all these rappers have nothing else to rap about and should rap about trying to "get out' of the hood instead of gloryfing about the drugs,, murder and gang talk. it's hurt people more than helped. but the culture is shot these days, people complaining it's too "soft" or it isn't like before.

Exactly.

Reminds me when people say stuff about cities and be like "it ain't like the old days". You mean the old days when the murder rate was 3 times as high?...nah I'm good dawg.

Rapping how you're gonna shoot somebody because they looked at you wrong is just as "emotional" as making a song like Marvin's room.

A different type of emotion, but still one doesn't make you more masculine than the other..at all.

Bottom line 50's album was weak and Graduation is close to a classic. Once Kanye dropped Can't Tell Me Nothing it was a wrap, he had that little battle won.

Hip Hop doesn't have to be super gangsta like 50 or crying over ex gf's like Drake. There's a middle ground and dudes need to find it. I don't blame Kanye or 3k. It's not their fault dudes took some of their style and went too far with it.

Last edited:
I think you mixed up what you're trading, cause you're basically saying you'd rather have Kid Cudi over DMX, killing your entire point :lol: petty I know.

Seems like you don't listen to Big KRIT either, as his music is the furthest from the group you put him in. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji] a ***** like Young Thug would have NEVER been let in the door yrs ago, now this ***** looking like the next to blow. Dudes know is either soft as hell or VERY reckless, it's almost like it's no in between.

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji] a ***** like Young Thug would have NEVER been let in the door yrs ago, now this ***** looking like the next to blow. Dudes know is either soft as hell or VERY reckless, it's almost like it's no in between.

You must of forgot about Wayne. Dude was kissing Birdman in the mouth....on TV..and became the "best rapper alive." :lol:

I'd trade 50 cent, Pac, DMX, The Game, Jeezy, Prodigy.....any day of the week.....for a J Cole, Wale, Kendrick, Krit, Tyga, Big Sean, Drake, Kanye and Cudi....and any other fruit basket you wanna throw in there making effeminate music..

I dislike it because its producing a generation of beta males......whiny needy cry babies....always simping and sulking.....it doesnt reflect a positive role model in america...

I'd trade Aggresive Content any day for Take Care or thank me later....."I better find your loving"

r u serious?

thats not hip hop........

If your fine with influencing a generation of suckers...so be it......but if you let it slide....man we got dudes marrying each other bruh....I never thought I see the day...

if we let Drake, Wale and J Cole and Mackelmore mold our culture.....dudes is not gonna be dudes anymore...

its bigger than hip hop rap.....youth in black america....is getting pounded out...

They don't want 50 Cent....because they fear the Aggressive Black male...

they want Drake and Wale....the acceptable negro...the safe ninja.....America's favorite african american....bow ties, shawl sweaters and cardigans....open and hold the door type brotha...

But I will never listen to a Macklemore (that stunt he pulled at the award show was an abomination).....Tyga....Drake or a Big Sean.....r u kidding me
Ninja??? :nerd:

You must of forgot about Wayne. Dude was kissing Birdman in the mouth....on TV..and became the "best rapper alive." :lol:

And Wayne is supposedly his biggest influence, you can tell being a gay blood...where are the OGs to check this ****?

[thread="582160"]:rofl: LMAO, I hope this dude is just trolling[/thread]
He is, he's been at this for like a year and a half now. His best work was in the Evoque thread, dude was rustling Jimmies left and right.

I don't agree.

But at that point 50 had stopped being about the music, and was about the publicity behind a project. Which began to turn people off. Nobody likes a bully.

Kanye's project was better also IMO, and was hip hop.

Powder

Back
Top Bottom