Truthfully Speaking I haven't seen A City This deep in talent since old NY

I Love my city to death but im not going to sit here and act like ATL as a whole right now doesn't have a strangle on hip hop

T.I, Jeezy, 2chainz, Luda, B.o.B, Waka, Future, Dj Drama, Travis Porter, Alley Boy & Trouble

Obviously i'm not comparing the quality of the music to that of early 90's rap, but as far as power & influence on hip hop right now i got to say ATL has the most complete list of rappers out now

Originally Posted by tyisny

I Love my city to death but im not going to sit here and act like ATL as a whole right now doesn't have a strangle on hip hop

T.I, Jeezy, 2chainz, Luda, Future, Dj Drama, Travis Porter, Alley Boy & Trouble

Obviously i'm not comparing the quality of the music to that of early 90's rap, but as far as power & influence on hip hop right now i got to say ATL has the most complete list of rappers out now
L.A.

Kendrick & Schoolboy Game, Dom, Nippsey but other than that i don't see anyone else over there having a big impact

Nobody cares about DJ Drama, Alley Boy and Trouble.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

yea we do

Really? Luda, Future, Dj Drama, Travis Porter, Alley Boy & Trouble are doing it that big? I don't think so

T.I, Jeezy, 2chainz is far from a 'strangle' (personally, I'll never understand the appeal of 2 Chainz)

Swear I thought this thread was going to be about Philly 
ohwell.gif

How you not gonna include B.O.B. though (Dude is good at what he does)
But lets be serious, Future's 15 mins. of fame is gonna be up soon and he sucks.

Travis Porter 
grin.gif
, they're fame probably is gonna end soon too

Trouble could be successful if he stays out of jail.

Alley Boy 
laugh.gif
 nah son.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] Out of those names, Trouble gets the most play from me by far.[/color]
pimp.gif

TI is a pop star now
Jeezy is straight but he's on the decline.
2 Chainz, curious to see what kind of numbers he puts up, plus money is 36 years old
Ludacris is DONE
Future.....can't be serious
Drama see Future
Travis Porter see Drama
Alley Boy see Travis Porter
Trouble undecided

Now, that sad part is you said TALENT. You're telling me everyone on this list is TALENTED.......I'll wait

Point black period Future is legit one of the hottest in the streets and clubs of ATL rite now. Is he a good rapper not in the least does he make pretty good songs and is he good at his "brand" of rap yes.
As far as Drama. when an artist from ANY REGION needs a big tape to get buzzing drama is hands down the best at that.

Alley boy is a corny dude from time to time, regardless of that He can actually rap and from time to time has proven to me that if he leaves all the super tough guy %%!+ alone he can have a decent career.

Trouble, out of all the young %$*%$# in ATL shows me the most potential and IMO just released one of the best tapes of the year. He also surprisingly very versatile and i def see him being a mainstay in rap in general.

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Can't forget about Wolfgang and the heavy influence on my dude wiz. Cali all day.

Wiz Khalifa ain't from cali foo 
indifferent.gif

But yea, I was expecting this to be about LA, based on TDE alone... Dom and Nipsey ain't gon' ever blow, ya'll need to give that up.  

Cats only really doing it in the A right now is Future and 2 Chainz. Those are the cats from the A who's doing it with a legit buzz across the country.

Ya'll bringing up LA and Cali but nobody rockin' with them cats like that. MAybe Odd Future. But KEndrick Lamar and these other cats buzz isn't as big as it is on NT and internet.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Cats only really doing it in the A right now is Future and 2 Chainz. Those are the cats from the A who's doing it with a legit buzz across the country.

Ya'll bringing up LA and Cali but nobody rockin' with them cats like that. MAybe Odd Future. But KEndrick Lamar and these other cats buzz isn't as big as it is on NT and internet.
This is a lil off topic but best believe Kendrick Is And will continue to be bigger than Odd Future, your longevity in rap tends to be pretty short when your fanbase our social outcast who want to live life like a %%*++@% film

Originally Posted by rocyaice

This is a lil off topic but best believe Kendrick Is And will continue to be bigger than Odd Future, your longevity in rap tends to be pretty short when your fanbase our social outcast who want to live life like a %%*++@% film

Maybe. Its hard to predict what future they will have but if we're basing it on what we've seen to this day? Their future looks a lot brigther than Kendrick's.

Game. Kendrick. OF. Nipsey Hussle.
L.A.

Luda and T.I. are looking 
eyes.gif
 right now. I have hopes for Trouble Man though.

Back
Top Bottom