Truth's 2008 NFL mock draft...

27) Chargers- Dan Connor.. A hard nosed OLB from linebacker U can help instantly against the run and get some extra "pointers" from Merriman..
glasses.gif
laugh.gif

Why is Penn State still referred to as Linebacker U???? Far from it.....

smh.gif
smh.gif

Brandon Short???? Lavar???? Paul???? Dan??? Brian G (Did he even get drafted?) ????? *****

roll.gif

Hopefully the Lions fill their CB need with Mike Jenkins or a great FA. I don't think OT is much of a need in this draft in the first round because a 2ndrounder would be just as good after Jake Long.

23) Steelers- Sam Baker.. Not the tall reciever Big Ben is looking for, but some extra protection cant hurt either..
Speaking of big, tall receivers, Moose just got released yesterday.

For the love of God, Pittsburgh, you didn't pick up a big back in the offseason last year, and look where it got you: passing on third-and-one because youdidn't have a back that you could rely on to go three !+++@*+ feet forward.

Draft a lineman, and then get a goddamn receiver this offseason.

That is all.

Admittedly, I'm not real familiar with what the Rams are doing these days defensively... Too damn brutal watching them this year.
laugh.gif
But, a lot of people have maintained that Carriker is still better suited to play DE than inside at DT... I could be wrong. If I had a choice, I'd take Long, but I don't know which is a better fit for St Louis.
He is better suited outside. Dude ran one of the fastest short shuttles and 10 yard splits at the combine for a D lineman and the Rams throw dudeinside. Its not like the ends they have playing were pressuring anyone
laugh.gif

Dorsey would look good next to Glover with Carriker on the outside and Little i dunno what his sitation is though. But in the grand scheme of things theycannot go wrong cause their D line is getting old so they could use anyone. But I am not a fan of keeping Carriker on the inside especially over the dudes theyhave there.
sick.gif

And the Falcons are damn near forced to take Matt Ryan. There is no way the fans will take them seriously if they go into the season with Joey Harrington at QBespecially after cutting Leftwich.. I cannot wait to see Matt Ryan throw to some recievers who are over 5'9 and run faster than 4.7....he cant be worsethen nervous Joey Harrington.

i have a feeling the rams are gonna take Vernon Gholston with the #2 pick because he is gonna have a serious combine and they need sacks!!!

LMAOOOO...matt ryan at 13? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That's exactly where he should go.... ESPN just likes to hype QB's going 1.

Truth did this mock for where he thinks these players belong, and hes on point

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

matt ryan is mad overrated. if Brady Quinn was 10 times the propsect Ryan is and dropped to 23rd, then there is no guarantee Ryan is taken top 10.

Who says Brady is better than Matt Ryan????

Originally Posted by dreClark

matt ryan is mad overrated. if Brady Quinn was 10 times the propsect Ryan is and dropped to 23rd, then there is no guarantee Ryan is taken top 10.

Nobody. Ill take Matt Ryan at least he showed up in big games
laugh.gif
If Matt Ryan went to ND he would have been hyped to no end just like pretty boy Quinn.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

1) Dolphins- Chris Long.. They need help with everything, Long is projected as the most versitale defensive player in the draft.. Parcells likes Big and fast defensive ends anyway.. Safe pick

2) Rams- Jake Long.. They could easily go with glenn dorsey right here being the best defensive player on the board, but i think replacing Orlando Pace is the best option in the 2 spot..

3) Falcons- Glenn Dorsey.. They have so many needs, but i believe they are in the position where they need to take the best player on the board.. They could easily go Mcfadden right here, but I believe they will take Dorsey especially with the release of Rod Coleman

4) Raiders- Darren Mcfadden.. Personally i think they should go O-line to protect their franchise QB russell.. But i doubt Al Davis passes on Mcfadden

5) Cheifs- Ryan Clady.. If Jake Long were on the board, they would go with him.. Clady has more upside in my opinion and is a safe pick for the chiefs..

6) Jets- Vernon Gholston.. Easy selection if he's available.. Sending John Adraham to the falcons was a huge decline in their pass rush.. he'll fit in fine with the jets 3-4 scheme

7) Patriots- Keith Rivers.. I dont see the pats taking someone in the secondary this high when keith rivers could help stop the run instantly and learn from experienced vets..

glasses.gif
Ravens- Calais Campbell.. A versitale end that could play multiple positions for the ravens.. ala Adalius Thomas

9) Bengals- Sedrick Ellis.. Considering the bengals couldn't stop any offense they faced last year Ellis would be asked to be a player instantly..

10) Saints- Aqib Talib.. I bet their personel is still kicking themselves for not taking chris houston in the 1st round last year.. Talib has the ability to get significant playing time as a rookie..

11) Bills- Kentwan Balmer.. DT is the obvious need for the bills, 11th is a big high for Balmer.. But he could turn out to be a player..

12) Broncos- Kenny Phillips.. Mike Shanahan would be thrilled to take Phillips at the 12 spot to fill in for John Lynch and add more speed to denver's secondary..

13) Panthers- Matt Ryan.. Jake Delhommes' inconsistency has led his supporters to turn on him, Matt Ryan is a good new look for a franchise..

14) Bears- Rashard Mendenhall.. Its time to get Cedric Benson up outta there..

15) Lions- Jeff Otah.. Lions are another team with tons of needs, with left tackle being tops at the list..

16) Cardinals- Philip Merling.. A speedy pass rusher with unlimited potential.. Cards could go RB at the 16 spot, but I'll say they built around their young defense..

17) Vikings- Early Doucett.. A playmaking WR to stretch the field for Adrian Peterson is a must.. A healthy Doucett could fill that need..

18) Texans- Jonathon Stewart.. Easy pick if he is still on the board, that offense needs a dynamic RB to open up more opportunities for Andre Johnson..

19) Eagles- Desean Jackson.. Depending on if the eagles address this position in the offseason or not will determine who they take with the 19th selection.. Jackson could most definately provide big play ability in the pass game and as a return man..

20) Bucs- Brian Brohm.. Not knocking Jeff Garcia, but his age is the obvious factor in this selection..

21) ********- Derrick Harvey.. An explosive pass rushing end oppostie of Andre Carter is vital.. Harvey would do just fine in their system..

22) Cowboys- Mike Jenkins.. A cover corner oppostite Terrance Newman is a good selection at 22, considering the problems the secondary has had over the past couple years..

23) Steelers- Sam Baker.. Not the tall reciever Big Ben is looking for, but some extra protection cant hurt either..

24) Titans- Leodis Mckelvin.. As much as Vince Young needs offensive weapons, they need to replace Pacman Jones just as bad..

25) Seahawks- Chris Williams.. An OT who is rising up draft boards by the day..

26) Jaguars- Quentin Groves.. He's a physical DE that runs 4.4 sideline to sideline.. I think the jags will like him at the 26 spot

27) Chargers- Dan Connor.. A hard nosed OLB from linebacker U can help instantly against the run and get some extra "pointers" from Merriman..

28) Cowboys- Felix Jones.. A very quick, change of pace back to compliment Marion Barber.. Safe Pick

29) 49ers- Pat Sims.. An absolute beast in the middle, niners have to find a replacement for Bryant Young and Sims could be just that..

30) Packers- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie.. One of the more polished corners in the nation to compliment Al Harris and Charles Woodson.. TE is an option for the packers as well with this selection

31) Giants- Antonie Cason.. Secondary is the obvious weakness for the Giants.. Cason is a gamble at the end of the 1st, but has potential to be a real playmaker in that secondary..

Very Very Very Very Disappointed in this draft. Malcolm Kelly???? Vikings will take Malcolm Kelly before they take Early Doucet, he blocks better anddeserves more defensive attention.

Packers nor the cowboys are passing up DRC. Cowboys won't pull a 1st rounder for a player who will only share time at most in the future w/ barber.(well it is jerry jones so...)

Chargers Dan Conner? Chargers are stacked @ OLB.

I also think the bears sign Michael Turner and Draft in another position of need(They have too many). Also they drafted a RB last year, from NIU, who is asproles type sleeper, and really should be their starter.

I'd like to see the draft like this though, then we could trade down for the player we would really get in the 1st
pimp.gif

im not sure if doucet is a 1st rd pick though
ohwell.gif

who do u think are the 1st round recievers?

quarterbacks dont slip in the draft huh?
grin.gif

Very Very Very Very Disappointed in this draft
the majority of ppl in this thread have given props.. I've been told you that i dont respect your NFL knowledge tho..

Vikings will take Malcolm Kelly before they take Early Doucet, he blocks better and deserves more defensive attention.
thats YOUR opinion.. just like Mike williams went over troy williamson right?

I just have never been sold on very many Big 12 recievers..

Cowboys won't pull a 1st rounder for a player who will only share time at most in the future w/ barber. (well it is jerry jones so...)
Cowboys run a 2 RB system.. You cant expect a RB to play an entire season without sharing carries.. Highly doubt they'll be that fortunate..And you aint heard about Jerry jones wanting Mcfadden more than any owner in the draft?

stacked at OLB? outside of merriman and phillips... not any serious playmakers.. Wouldn't call that stacked..

And LOL @ you saying Garrett Wolfe should be the starter in chicago..

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by dreClark

Nobody. Ill take Matt Ryan at least he showed up in big games
laugh.gif
If Matt Ryan went to ND he would have been hyped to no end just like pretty boy Quinn.

Exactly....Brady had Mo Stovall and the Shark....

Ryan had.....a bunch of Small but gutsy receivers that prolly wouldn't start at a lot of other big time schools.....

IMO.....Gimme Ryan over Quinn....

Good mock Truth....

How high do you see your boy Bubba going??? Im interested in how he's gonna test @ the combine....That plus his strong workouts @ the Sr. Bowl andUFaG's pro day could vault him up the board....
A healthy Doucet is DEFINITELY a 1st round talent....

How high do you see your boy Bubba going??? Im interested in how he's gonna test @ the combine....That plus his strong workouts @ the Sr. Bowl and UFaG's pro day could vault him up the board....
Honestly, i think Bub is going in the early 2nd.. Because of the history of WR's at UF.. He has 1st round talent no doubt.. And i promise youBub gone run in the high 4.3's.. 4.43 at the worst.. His stock is already high as it is after the senior bowl practices/workouts.. He's gonna be aplayer in the league tho..
smokin.gif

im not sure if doucet is a 1st rd pick though
ohwell.gif
who do u think are the 1st round recievers?

quarterbacks dont slip in the draft huh?
grin.gif

Very Very Very Very Disappointed in this draft
the majority of ppl in this thread have given props.. I've been told you that i dont respect your NFL knowledge tho..

Vikings will take Malcolm Kelly before they take Early Doucet, he blocks better and deserves more defensive attention.
thats YOUR opinion.. just like Mike williams went over troy williamson right?

I just have never been sold on very many Big 12 recievers..

Cowboys won't pull a 1st rounder for a player who will only share time at most in the future w/ barber. (well it is jerry jones so...)
Cowboys run a 2 RB system.. You cant expect a RB to play an entire season without sharing carries.. Highly doubt they'll be that fortunate.. And you aint heard about Jerry jones wanting Mcfadden more than any owner in the draft?

stacked at OLB? outside of merriman and phillips... not any serious playmakers.. Wouldn't call that stacked..

And LOL @ you saying Garrett Wolfe should be the starter in chicago..

Garret Wolfe >> (Benson + Peterson) X 2. Benson and Peterson are the worst tandem in the NFL.
Chargers are stacked at OLB. Marquis Harris, Jyles Tucker and Carlos Polk. Harris and Polk could start elsewhere if given the oppurtunity. Chargershave very few roster spots that are even available on the team period, and LB is not a spot that they can afford to add. That's not to say AJ Smith wontpull the trigger on a LB with a good value, but not in early rounds. They only have one 1st day pick....only 1 first day pick. R Oline, NT and Secondary arevery important needs. After those needs are FB, QB and RB. LB, with WR, are last on the list. But like I said, we have too much talent on our roster already,with inactive players every sunday because of too much talent to decide from.

Malcolm Kelly is the truth. The next Randy Moss/TO + some. Quote that. And I've never made a single comment on mike williams or troy williamson.

And learn how to take some criticism. I'm not like the majority of everybody else. If you didn't know the majority of NT is fake.

Garret Wolfe >> (Benson + Peterson) X 2. Benson and Peterson are the worst tandem in the NFL.
Yes the bears do have the worst RB tandom in the league.. But Garrett Wolfe wouldn't change nothing bruh

Chargers are stacked at OLB. Marquis Harris, Jyles Tucker and Carlos Polk. Harris and Polk could start elsewhere if given the oppurtunity.
Carlos Polk is my dog.. I was just at his pool party last month.. But he's not no killer like that.. He's a special teams beast.. thatsabout it.. and he's VERY injury prone.. been hurt the past 4 outta five years.. Marquis Harris and Tucker are pretty good, but not good enough to say theirstacked at that position..

Malcolm Kelly is the truth. The next Randy Moss/TO + some. Quote that.
laugh.gif
at comparing ANYBODY to randy moss..

And learn how to take some criticism. I'm not like the majority of everybody else. If you didn't know the majority of NT is fake.
I take criticism very well.. I encourage it actually.. But to say my mock is very very very very disappointing is
grin.gif

And i know your not like the majority of NT.. most of the fans on here are knowledegable of their teams..

14) Bears- Rashard Mendenhall.. Its time to get Cedric Benson up outta there..

e6135415e05ba80dcea81a265e16352cbd62da5.gif

i love that pick for us. Or really i just like how you pointed out that Benson needs to be out as starter. I cant stand Benson he is so soft and he is nota good RB, i feel that a good RB for a Bears team that likes to run and play D is our #1 priority for the offseason. Its evident how much that changed us. Wehave a good tough RB and we run the ball effectively with Tommy Jones and we go to the superbowl. We cant run for #$*@ this year our offense is worse than lastyear and our D gets wiped out and we sucked. We need a new RB desperately. even more than a good QB, mauinly because there are none particularly eye popping inFA and no one i really like in the draft unless Ryan would fall to us. But other than that I think Rex or Orton (who i like more and would like to see developinto a #1 cause hes more careful with the football than Rex cause when you run and play D you just cant turn it over) can hold it down better than any guy outthere at this point... Or else we could trade for McNabb
pimp.gif
and maybe OchoCinco as well
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

But personally i would rather address RB by adding a more established RB in free agency such as Chicago native Michael Turner, i love his game and i knowthe Bears are interested in him.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo my man Truth, don't be surprised if the Falcons take Darren McFadden. Dunn's getting up in age and Norwood has been fairly inconsistent. He'sfast, but is he a full time starter? I don't know.

Plus, Offense puts butts in the stadium and with the season the Falcons had, they could use all the star attraction they can get.

I think if Glenn Dorsey and/or Sedrick Ellis are still on the board, the Raiders take one. We need major help at DT. Plus we just re-signed Fargas, and haveMichael Bush in the wings waiting. Also, we finished 6th in total rushing yards in the NFL, which shows that our Zone Blocking Scheme is working. I don'tsee Sedrick Ellis falling to 9th.

Back
Top Bottom