Turkey, military takeover

When will the USA have its next coup? The last attempted coup was to overthrow FDR and thwart the 'New Deal', but when it's all said it seems like those who wanted to overthrow the USA government in the 1930's still got their way.

Coups happen differently here...the one with the most money influence governments

Its not Over lol My cousin just called me, bombs and gunshots still poppin.

Im from turkey and i just wanna say that this was coming sooner or later....and if this fails it def wont be the last one until Erdogan leaves his place.

When will the USA have its next coup? The last attempted coup was to overthrow FDR and thwart the 'New Deal', but when it's all said it seems like those who wanted to overthrow the USA government in the 1930's still got their way.

If the us military tried to overthrow obama i wonder what people that talking about us citizens having guns think it will look like.

Last edited:
read that they have f-16's and cobra + apache helicopters at their expense. also read most of their generals and their navy won't pick sides. don't see it ending anytime soon. just hope it doesn't get any more worse.

read that they have f-16's and cobra + apache helicopters at their expense. also read most of their generals and their navy won't pick sides. don't see it ending anytime soon. just hope it doesn't get any more worse.

It will. Already reports of people dying..nothing confirmed but after reading bout explosions and bombs i believe it.

There are videos of at least one rocket hitting a building and people dead and wounded from "automatic weapon fire".

I read that this might have been a fake coup so the bastard can further expand islamist bs

160715195330-21-turkey-coup-0715-restricted-large-tease.jpg

Someone gimme a quick rundown of whata goin on out there
Turkey military is not controlled by the government due to the constitution and is considered secular.
They have staged many coups in the past when the government or prime minister is getting too religious.
Apparently in this attempt, several factions within the military have decided that the government has gotten too Islamic and decided to engage in a coup.
However, they haven't had much public support this time and the pro government forces have pretty much outnumbered the military rebels.
There are some conspiracy theories into whether this was the setup by Erdogan (the president) to legitimize his power more and purge out military people that are against his ruling, but who really knows.

Two of my friends and their three kids were scheduled to fly to Israel on Thursday. Delta cancelled their flight twice and they didn't even have enough time to drive to NY and try to make the connecting flight. They got rerouted to Istanbul yesterday. As you can imagine, all of us were worried as we didn't hear anything from them. We finally connected with them last night and they did fly into Istanbul, but flew out three hours before the coup happened. They are now safe in Israel. Unreal stuff going on in this world, man.

Someone gimme a quick rundown of whata goin on out there

Summed up....Military/Government are two separate entities. One doesn't like the other. And here we are.

Last edited:
So they're saying some exiled cleric, about an hour and a half from me by Allentown pa, orchestrated this thing? I wonder if that's true or if it was erdogans doing. I don't know that I believe the US had a hand in it, I feel like it would have been planned a little better if so. But what the **** do i know.

Last edited:
A roughly chronological (top=new) running list of Turkish institutional casualties(all credit to this dude):
300 Energy Ministry employees dismissed
184 Customs Ministry employees dismissed
8 top-level parliamentary executives removed
All Turks require extra documentation to travel outside country
86 Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK) employees dismissed
51 Borsa Istanbul (national stock exchange) employees dismissed
245 Sports Ministry personnel suspended
All Turkish academics banned from traveling abroad
140 members of the Supreme Court and 48 members of the Council of State (the highest court) got arrest warrants 4 days ago, no info on releases etc.
15,200 Ministry of Education personnel fired
24 news/media outlets broadcast licenses withdrawn
492 state religious personnel (Diyanet) removed
21,000 private teachers licenses revoked
393 personnel in Ministry of Family and Social Policy dismissed
257 personnel at PM's office dismissed & ID's seized
Demand for all 1,577 University Deans resignation
30 governors of 99 fired
9000 in Interior Ministry fired
180 intelligence officials (MIT, Turkey's national intelligence agency) suspended
2,745 judges dismissed
3,000,000 civil servants banned from going on holiday
Talks of reinstating the death penalty
1,500 Finance Ministry officials suspended
103 generals/admirals detained for questioning
?? soldiers fired/imprisoned

Erdogan on his way to become the next Hitler 
mean.gif

The Kurds are already oppressed, wouldn't surprise me if he turns it up a few notches and tries to get rid of them once and for all

Back
Top Bottom