Two NYPD cops shot in the BX

Yup that explains the nonsense that was going on after I got off from work. They got the whole strip shutdown helicopters and all that. My issue is why they don't do all that when a regular civilian gets shot ?

Yup that explains the nonsense that was going on after I got off from work. They got the whole strip shutdown helicopters and all that. My issue is why they don't do all that when a regular civilian gets shot ?
totally agree

-If they were doing there job in a legal and ethical manner then:

The I hope they survive

The people that are responsible for this get arrested, given a fair trial, and if found guilty get the appropriate sentence.

So I hope justice is served

-The same thing I ask for when a young black brother is killed by the hands of the police

The difference is, I know everyone in the city will make sure these officers get justice. When it is the other way around, that usually does not happen.

But still, hope they survive and get justice.

Last edited:
Doing their job in a legal ethical manner doesn't change the fact that they're part of a corrupt department & part of a union that actively lobbies to keep unjust laws/policies in place.

The NYPD enables abusive policing.

Last edited:
Doing their job in a legal ethical manner doesn't change the fact that they're part of a corrupt department & part of a union that actively lobbies to keep unjust laws/policies in place.

The NYPD enables abusive policing.

I don't think anything in my comment said it does brah

I'm not excusing the behavior of the NYPD.

I believe I have also made my negative views on the NYPD as an institution very clear on NT.

I believe I have also made my negative views on the NYPD as an institution very clear on NT.

I'm not saying your comment condones the NYPD's long history of excessive force, brutality, profiling, etc. You're the absolute last person on NT I'd ever have to check for that.

What I'm simply saying is that there is no such thing as a cop doing their jobs in a "legal & ethical manner" when so many "legal" policies & practices are by nature unjust.

Last edited:
Yall need to stop that "fight violence with violence" mentality. It'll only get worse before it gets better that way.

Nobody is saying that.

But when you've got a culture of corruption, intimidation, harassment & just overt abuse of natural human rights then this is what happens.

Just like in other models of LE (abroad) we see far fewer people die at the hands of police, likewise, we see far fewer officer deaths.

Not a mutually exclusive phenomenon.

I'm not saying your comment condones the NYPD's long history of excessive force, brutality, profiling, etc. You're the absolute last person on NT I'd ever have to check for that.

What I'm simply saying is that there is no such thing as a cop doing their jobs in a "legal & ethical manner" when so many "legal" policies & practices are by nature unjust.

Oh Ok, I gotcha famb. I feel what you're saying

I was more talking about a discrete act.

Like if they got shot making a justified traffic stop. Then I got some sympathy

They were shaking and harassing poor folk. That is a different story

They were patrolling Melrose houses and got shot.

In a related story, last November Officer Peter Liang "accidentally" shot a 28 year old man named Akai Gurley and "allegedly" ignored his duty to aid the victim in a similar housing project incident.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...rged-in-Killing-of-Akai-Gurley-366388931.html

Cops regularly patrol low-income housing projects but do little to actually better communities. Instead they engage in abusive, intimidatory policing.

That's the **** I'm talking about.

Oh Ok, I gotcha famb. I feel what you're saying

I was more talking about a discrete act.

Like if they got shot making a justified traffic stop. Then I got some sympathy

They were shaking and harassing poor folk. That is a different story

We don't have all the details but it sounds like they were patrolling the Melrose houses & spooked the wrong person.

Dude who shot the two cops fled and subsequently killed himself. Another dude surrendered and isn't considered to be connected to the shooting.

Probably more to the story.

Hurts me that one of my friends is in the academy and will be in the NYPD in five months. The **** that already comes out his mouth already tells me that he's gonna be scum just like a lot them already are. Really sucks man :smh:

Hurts me that one of my friends is in the academy and will be in the NYPD in five months. The **** that already comes out his mouth already tells me that he's gonna be scum just like a lot them already are. Really sucks man :smh:
A few of my boy's are cops, they still joke about dumb stuff and act like clowns, only difference is they turn the other way when one of my other boys smoke trees and are always careful with breaking the law themselves(crossing redlights, fully stopping at stop signs, etc.).

That's like wishing death and ill upon Wal-Mart and McDonald's wage workers because they're members of an unethical corporation.

Can you not see the slippery slope that creates?

Believe it or not, there are cops that do their job by the book and are actually beneficial to the community.

I just got stop today in the heights. Said he "ran my license and my registration was expired". Yet, I have until September 2016. Showed him the valid registration.. He sent his partner back to my car, said "oh well. That's what shows up in the computer. I will let you go though".. Yeah, sure...Thanks officer. Wasn't like you were really trying to check for warrants or anything of that nature.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom