Ultra Music Festival 3/27-3/29 2015

Who's going? I've always wanted to go to one but not enough to pay $450 for a 3 day ticket. I read a week or two ago that they've banned drugs and various paraphernalia this year. I'll be curious to see how things pan out.

For those who have gone in the past; was it worth it?

Wait so drugs and that stuff weren't banned before?

:lol:

c'mon fam, when there's a will there's a way.

but always wanted to go, just expensive and with EDC being just the next day over ...

maybe one of these days.

Rolling Loud Fest > Ultra
:pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
i went when i was a sophomore in college, 4 years ago and ticket was only $180 :x

its a lot of fun, im from cali otherwise we'd go again. Been doing coachella for the past 2 years and going again this year

if you can afford it do it, its one of the best times i've had

i went when i was a sophomore in college, 4 years ago and ticket was only $180 :x

its a lot of fun, im from cali otherwise we'd go again. Been doing coachella for the past 2 years and going again this year

if you can afford it do it, its one of the best times i've had
Im going coachella this year, you got any advice?

Last edited:
Never got the Ultra hype. It's crazy how people spend 150 for a day of standing there in the hot sun getting blasted. :lol:

Coachella >

i did EDC nyc last year and it was absolutely INSANE, met this girl Lucy early in the day and she sent me to another planet, then my homegirl Molly made me feel good in the night time session...yea

but its just so much going on, it was quite overwhelming. I cant imagine a EDC in Vegas or a Ultra. 

These things i always tell people go full throttle, because it wont even be worth it. Its an experience to be had and if ur not willing to come out your comfort zone I wouldnt even bother doing it

Went to EDC in like 00 and 01.

Wanted to go when it was at the Colosseum but the hype started to get out of control.

Once thugs, bros, and all the air headed chicken heads started going it ruined the experience for me.

DJ Dan, Christopher Lawrence, and Mark Farina in 01 were :pimp:

Oh yeah, and if you NEED to be on drugs to enjoy yourself at these events, you're the reason these events are garbage now.

Last edited:
i think they just banned certain things to make it less rave-ish like glow sticks and gloves. drugs were never allowed lol

i've never been because im on the other side of the U.S. but i've heard mixed things from people that have gone.

if you have the means to go i say eff it and have fun. bring some friends if you can that would be a lot better or make some new ones there

i think they just banned certain things to make it less rave-ish like glow sticks and gloves. drugs were never allowed lol

Isn't the whole glow stick, rave-like feeling the way that the organizers brand their event.

At least that's how i view it. It's branded as this mind tripping experience

Went to EDC in like 00 and 01.

Wanted to go when it was at the Colosseum but the hype started to get out of control.

Once thugs, bros, and all the air headed chicken heads started going it ruined the experience for me.

DJ Dan, Christopher Lawrence, and Mark Farina in 01 were
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, and if you NEED to be on drugs to enjoy yourself at these events, you're the reason these events are garbage now.
Wow, I haven't heard anyone mention the names DJ Dan and Christopher Lawrence in so long. Takes me back to my younger days also. But I do agree with you on how the scene is. Nowadays, I'm just strictly there for the music.

Only reason I'd go would be for the Carl Cox stage. I'm basically retired from multiple day raves now though :lol:

I think they're trying to gear it towards being more a festival than a rave

a lot of people associate rave things with drugs so now at these huge events they do things like sell beer and have it commercialized. personally i'm a little anti-alcohol i enjoy other things ahaha

i did EDC nyc last year and it was absolutely INSANE, met this girl Lucy early in the day and she sent me to another planet, then my homegirl Molly made me feel good in the night time session...yea

Cool story, bro.

Thanks Mr condescending hater

Condescending hater because he is not glorifying the usage of narcotics?

Dudes like that are what ruined the scene. Drugs have been in the culture since its inception but now people only go to these events because it's deemed ok to be ****** up on as much **** as possible at these things so the music becomes secondary.

Back
Top Bottom