Unbelievable comparison of oppression by Germany and Israel. *Warning - VERY Graphic*

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Seriously, you can't compare Nazi to the Israeli's. The Hezbollah and Hamas have been attacking Israel for years and Nazi wanted to take over and they referred to themselves as supreme humans. Israel=Racist, Nazis=Facist/Elitists. In Israel, the conflict is all about the holy lands. In WWII, the Nazi's goal was dominance over Europe and the genocide of the inferior "race"(ethnicity). I'm not at all justifying Israel's mistakes but to compare them to the Nazis is way too extreme.
ur on the outside looking in. Don't u think the Israelis consider themselves superior to the Palestinians and vice versa? The general opinion is that the Israelis/Palestinians want the other one gone from their "(holy) land." The Nazis wanted the Jews gone from their land. Both are using force, violence and extreme methods. U guys cant see the similarities? 
The person, of course, that made those comparative pics wanted to provoke a reaction of outrage...and he succeeded. 

no, the difference is that what the nazi's did was infinite times worse. 

Explain!

israeli palestinian conflict = atrocities on both sides, death toll in the high thousands. 
nazis  = killed 6 million jews plus about 5 million soviet P.O.W.s, homosexuals, Poles, and gypsies. 

you really can't see a difference between the biggest mass murder in the history of mankind and and the ongoing gaza strip conflict? 

yes, the gaza conflict is very unfortunate and there is innocent blood on the hands of both parties involved, but even the worst atrocities commited by Hamas or the Mossad pale in comparison to what Hitler and his men did.

i cringe anytime someone makes a Hitler/Nazi Germany comparison because it just shows so much ignorance. 
Your "differences" make this conflict different only in terms of people's background, location, scale, and time-frame. U seem to be stuck on the issue of who and how many were murdered and killed. The bottom line is that people were murdered. Alot of people were. And now, today, people are also being murdered by SIMILAR MEANS with the aggressor justifying it by saying they were defending themselves. Nazi's had their propaganda machine as well (something along the lines of defending their homeland from the communism, jews etc.). Granted, in this conflict 6 million people were not killed, but this is still going on as we speak and its not simply a statistics game. OP's pics are trying to show the IRONY of the victim and the oppressed of the past becoming the aggressor of the present. Sort of a turning of the tables. Again, I am not tryin to say that what Hitler did can be directly compared to the Palestinian conflict since obviously the scale was much different in a time of a WORLD WAR. But u have to at least see the similarities.  

Originally Posted by Yen2dro3

Biggest Mass murder in the "HISTORY OF MANKIND"? 
ohwell.gif
  have you ever heard of slavery? you know back in the day
eyes.gif

Genocide doesnt exactly equal slave trade. I mean, the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade is the worst of it's kind, and comparable to the Holocaust in numbers, but it wasnt exactly a systematic mass murder. Apples and oranges.

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of people using the Holocaust to shut other people up and also using it (and anti semitism) as a reason to justify what Isreal is doing.
I think that shows extreme disrespect to the people that fell victim to the Holocaust IMO.
Does Israel really have to kill 6 million before the Holocaust simile is accepted? Just because they're not as bad as the Nazi's (yet) does that mean they get a free pass?
Also, in regards to the "atrocities on both sides" story...I dunno I'm pretty sure Israel flattens houses, displaces families, and (accidentaly or not) kills civillians much more regularly than there are suicide bombings bij Palestinians. I know this may have been different in the 90's...but I'm talking about now.
And in WWII there were plenty of Jewish rebel units within the ghetto's that fought back against the Nazi's.

Seriously, you can't compare Nazi to the Israeli's. The Hezbollah and Hamas have been attacking Israel for years and Nazi wanted to take over and they referred to themselves as supreme humans. Israel=Racist, Nazis=Facist/Elitists. In Israel, the conflict is all about the holy lands. In WWII, the Nazi's goal was dominance over Europe and the genocide of the inferior "race"(ethnicity). I'm not at all justifying Israel's mistakes but to compare them to the Nazis is way too extreme.
ur on the outside looking in. Don't u think the Israelis consider themselves superior to the Palestinians and vice versa? The general opinion is that the Israelis/Palestinians want the other one gone from their "(holy) land." The Nazis wanted the Jews gone from their land. Both are using force, violence and extreme methods. U guys cant see the similarities? 
The person, of course, that made those comparative pics wanted to provoke a reaction of outrage...and he succeeded.
Yeah but the Nazis wanted control of Europe and Israel's strategy is defend themselves. There is no GENOCIDE, no ETHNIC CLEANSING, and no IMPERIALISTIC STRATEGY. Just a conflict for the holy lands that's been going on for a long time.
What are u trying to prove? Whose agenda is/was more evil? Regardless, the effects are similar and that is what these pics are trying to show. 
Im guessing you didn't but read the text OP posted. Take everything with a grain of salt and consider the many sides of the issue and draw ur OWN conclusions from there. Im not trying to change ur opinion but please dont state what Ive heard many times before from biased media and american history books. I am well aware of these viewpoints and i do acknowledge them.  
The conflict in the mid-east is really a war on the media/informational levels.
Don't undermine my intellect, I use to read books on this conflict and I have a cousin (Palestinian and Black) that lives there and have a lot of Jewish friends. Yes, there is alot of racism and prejudice actions going on in the Gaza strip and around Israel, so in that sense, it is a little similar to the Nazi elitist attitude. But neither of them are as extreme as Nazis. There are Muslims that live all around Jerusalem, and there are Jews and Christians who live around Palestine who get along well. There are some shady individuals that may carry that "extreme" racist ideologies, but as a whole, it's no where near as serious as the Nazis Regime as a whole. Any historian would say the same.  

Yeah but the Nazis wanted control of Europe and Israel's strategy is defend themselves. There is no GENOCIDE, no ETHNIC CLEANSING, and no IMPERIALISTIC STRATEGY. Just a conflict for the holy lands that's been going on for a long time.
What are u trying to prove? Whose agenda is/was more evil? Regardless, the effects are similar and that is what these pics are trying to show. 
Im guessing you didn't but read the text OP posted. Take everything with a grain of salt and consider the many sides of the issue and draw ur OWN conclusions from there. Im not trying to change ur opinion but please dont state what Ive heard many times before from biased media and american history books. I am well aware of these viewpoints and i do acknowledge them.  
Don't undermine my intellect, I use to read books on this conflict and I have a cousin (Palestinian and Black) that lives there and have a lot of Jewish friends. Yes, there is alot of racism and prejudice actions going on in the Gaza strip and around Israel, so in that sense, it is a little similar to the Nazi elitist attitude. But neither of them are as extreme as Nazis. There are Muslims that live all around Jerusalem, and there are Jews and Christians who live around Palestine who get along well. There are some shady individuals that may carry that "extreme" racist ideologies, but as a whole, it's no where near as serious as the Nazis Regime as a whole. Any historian would say the same.  
yea but u dont got any friends from the Nazi regime so ur argument is void 
laugh.gif
j/p. 
Dude we all read books and a lot of us got Jewish friends and Palestinian friends. It ain't about that. My ex gf was jewish and had an elitist attitude on this issue, claiming that all Palestinians should be wiped out. Does she represent the general opinion, no. I certainly hope not at least lol 

All im trying to say is that while the scale is different, the similarities are there. 

OP's pics are trying to show the IRONY of the victim and the oppressed of the past becoming the aggressor of the present.

All im trying to say is that while the scale is different, the similarities are there.
Oh ok, looks like we found a common ground.

Originally Posted by lexflex81

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of people using the Holocaust to shut other people up and also using it (and anti semitism) as a reason to justify what Isreal is doing.
I think that shows extreme disrespect to the people that fell victim to the Holocaust IMO.
Does Israel really have to kill 6 million before the Holocaust simile is accepted? Just because they're not as bad as the Nazi's (yet) does that mean they get a free pass?
Also, in regards to the "atrocities on both sides" story...I dunno I'm pretty sure Israel flattens houses, displaces families, and (accidentaly or not) kills civillians much more regularly than there are suicide bombings bij Palestinians. I know this may have been different in the 90's...but I'm talking about now.
And in WWII there were plenty of Jewish rebel units within the ghetto's that fought back against the Nazi's.

QFT. Exactly what I wanted to say.

I believe that both sides have a very fair and understanding argument, but when people start bringing up the Holocaust and using pictures to support that argument, it automatically kills it. In any real academic debate, those comparisons would be scoffed at. Why the Holocaust? Why not the Soviet Union under Stalin which killed many more people than the Holocaust. Those pictures used in the right context could be easily taken from anywhere, and could be used to compare anything. (Also the article is not technically anti-semitic. Many Arabs are in fact Semites.)

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

As a Jew it's a daily struggle of the mind as to whether or not the state of 'Israel' is justifiable, but I can tell you that to compare the issues between the Palestinians and Israelis to that of the Nazis and Jews is ludicrous. I stopped reading the article though after it said the Israeli's fought the British. I don't seem to remember that at all, I remember the Israeli's accepting the British Mandate of Palestine for the division of Israel and Palestine into three separate entities, while the Palestinians declined inciting the Israeli War for Independence, which was between the Israeli's and the Palestinians.

Historically Jews living in Mandate Palestine did attack British soldiers. This is WELL documented. They felt as if the British had betrayed them when they found out they'd promised the Palestinians a state in Palestine after promising the Jews a state as well. This led to terrorist attacks by Jews on British soldiers. This was actual a big reason for why the British left the area.

The Palestinians declined the partition of Palestine because it was unjust. How can you give the minority population a majority of the land? In what world does this make any sense?

For a really good view of how some Palestinians live today, read this book. It's a sad reminder of how hard life is for these people:

9780393338447_300.jpg

Yeah but the Nazis wanted control of Europe and Israel's strategy isdefend themselves. There is no GENOCIDE, no ETHNIC CLEANSING
Are you sure there's no ethnic cleansing going on? Ethnic cleansing is a very broad term that can be carried out by murder or removal of a population from one area to repopulate it with another demographic. To say this isn't happening at least in some places in the West Bank is kind of a stretch.

Does a mass murder crime really need to be as bad as the holocaust to be coined as "bad?" Look at the pictures, even if they aren't as severe as the holocaust, they are similarities and those (Jews) who complain about having their ancestors oppressed and killed in the holocaust, are now displaying a whole lot of irony.

They didn't kill 6 million people, but 750.000 Palestinians were driven out of their homes to create the state of Israel in 1948. Even zionist historians accept this figure.

Now, granted 6 million killed Vs. 750.000 expelled from their home by force doesn't weigh the same on the inhumanity scale, but what does this mean? That Israel gets a free pass to do whatever they want to some people that had nothing to do with the crimes that were committed on the Jews by some nazis?

Israel has been occupying the West Bank illegally for years as well, yet nothing is done about that. It's a two way street. The reason for Hamas and Hizbullah attacks on Israel is exactly that. Also, the conflict is the struggle for a Palestinian homeland and Israel and Americas refusal to comply with international law. While Jewish people feel that they have a right to all the lands of Israel, it is primarily political and not actually religious.

The goal of some Israelis is actually dominance of the entire land of Israel, although I wouldn't compare them to the Nazis (yet) your argument is flawed there.

The crimes Israel commits are by no means mistakes, they are policy.

[h1]Human Rights Groups Warn of New Powers for Israel - NYT
[/h1]
The amendment — to a 1969 order on dealings with those judged to be infiltrators of the West Bank — was signed by military officials last October and is due to take effect on Tuesday.

In the original document, issued two years after Israel captured the West Bank from Jordan in the 1967 war, “infiltrator

Originally Posted by eutum

I've always been curious about this war.  Can someone let me in as to why there is war in Gaza?  I know it has more to do with just the holy land/city
Imagine my house burned down, and I have no place to live. I decide to just stroll into your house and occupy your guestroom because an old family folklore said I was entitled to the land your house is on. And the courts side with me saying I have the right to be in your house. I decide to take over your kitchen next, then your living room, dining room and soon the entire lower level of your house. Does that sound fair to you?

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Of course America sends billions each year, the Jewish people control a lot here in America.
Wheres the humor in that? Maybe it doesnt pertain to the thread but regardless, its far from untrue.

Comparing Nazi Germany to Israel is extreme and such exaggerations do not help the Pro-Palestinian cause.

What Israel has been doing the last 50-years has been immoral...immoral to almost everyone on this planet other than Israelis, Jews, and Israel's allies in the West.

Many in the West and more specifically the U.S. have a 'who cares...let them kill each other' type of attitude. What they fail to realize is that much of the anti-Western terrorism that has grown in the last 2 decades is predicated on this conflict. Israel's oppression of the Palestinian people and America's unequivocal support towards Israel is a national security issue.

A major problem right now is the ideological differences between Netenyahu and the rest of the world. Netenyahu is a far-right leader who has moved a bit to the centre after winning the election who is more concerned with beefing up security and increasing settlements than resolving the conflict with Palestinians. His main priority is preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons rather than achieving a long-standing land and peace agreement with his Arab neighbours. There has been increased tension between Obama and Netenyahu in recent months because of the increase in Israeli settlements that are being built without Washington's support.

This problem wont be resolved anytime soon especially due to the in-fighting between Fatah and Hamas, a right-wing Israeli leader unwilling to compromise and Washington having other priorities at the moment.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I've always been curious about this war.  Can someone let me in as to why there is war in Gaza?  I know it has more to do with just the holy land/city
Imagine my house burned down, and I have no place to live. I decide to just stroll into your house and occupy your guestroom because an old family folklore said I was entitled to the land your house is on. And the courts side with me saying I have the right to be in your house. I decide to take over your kitchen next, then your living room, dining room and soon the entire lower level of your house. Does that sound fair to you?
Sounds fair if I had a fight with you (6day war) for this house and I whoop your !@+ and kicked you out of your house. But instead of playing by the rules, you're a spoil sport and want it back.  So you throw rocks at my window to anger me and I come out with a shotgun and blast you. 

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Sounds fair if I had a fight with you (6day war) for this house and I whoop your !@+ and kicked you out of your house. But instead of playing by the rules, you're a spoil sport and want it back.  So you throw rocks at my window to anger me and I come out with a shotgun and blast you. 
dude, who fights for houses? are u high?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

dude, who fights for houses? are u high?
laugh.gif
dude, did you not read the 2 previous posters above me? 

However, you posting this idiotic comparison of Nazi Germany who blatantly slaughtered millions of Jews to the situation between Israel and the Palestinian people did make me high though.
laugh.gif

comparing it to the holocaust might be going to the extreme. If anything, right now it might be "more fair" to compare it to the South African apartheid state.

Either way, a lot of the people in Israel feel entitled to many things simply because of what happened to them in Nazi Germany. Another thing that annoys me is that you automatically get labeled "anti-Semite" if you say anything critical about what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom